Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

n1ckymar1e wrote: »
    Does any one have the contact of the interior designer used for the RCP show homes please?

Mod note: by pm only please

If you get any interesting info out of them please post it here. Like info with regards to the designs/products used etc.. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

For anyone looking for a snagger, PM me and I'l send on details.
    We just finished and our chap was great, very thorough, and walked us through all the issues in plain English.
    First time snagging and he made it painless.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

I talked about the lack of locks on the doors earlier in the thread, We have gotten a quote to put locks on all of the internal doors of 408 including vat for 10 doors. This is from the company who are doing all doors frames etc on site. Worth considering for some rooms if you have you children

Nhol78 wrote: »
    I talked about the lack of locks on the doors earlier in the thread, We have gotten a quote to put locks on all of the internal doors of 408 including vat for 10 doors. This is from the company who are doing all doors frames etc on site. Worth considering for some rooms if you have you children

Got any pictures of what the locks would look like on the doors?

cronos wrote: »
    Got any pictures of what the locks would look like on the doors?

Not yet, I won't have them done until I get the keys, I talked to the foreman from the company and he said they will be identical in color to the handles.

• Advertisement

Not yet, I won't have them done until I get the keys, I talked to the foreman from the company and he said they will be identical in color to the handles.

Would be good if they could provide us with the color/part name they are using. Just in case people wanted to purchase it themselves and install it.

Would be good if they could provide us with the color/part name they are using. Just in case people wanted to purchase it themselves and install it.

It is not an easy job putting locks into a fire door. There is no holes for them,

It is not an easy job putting locks into a fire door. There is no holes for them,

I was also thinking potentially getting competitive quotes. But to do that would want to know what part they used.

40 euro a door might be reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

Is there options for the kitchen work tops and cabinet colours or is everything "exactly" what the show home is with no options?

n1ckymar1e wrote: »
    Is there options for the kitchen work tops and cabinet colours or is everything "exactly" what the show home is with no options?

Ballymore want no part of any changes. If you want something different from the showhouse you have to work that out with the specific contractor yourself.

That said, what "standard" is, is anyone's guess. We had no design plans for the kitchen or even accurate house plans until we pushed for them. Never got a kitchen plan, just knew it would be similar to the show house.

• Advertisement

I was also thinking potentially getting competitive quotes. But to do that would want to know what part they used.

40 euro a door might be reasonable.

35 per lock in my quote and then add vat, I am also going with them because I know they will be on site for about another year if I have any issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 john_this

Hi everyone... I managed to get one of the houses sold last Saturday in the limited release. Just wondering did anybody get told of the expected move in date?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

We did also. We were told they will be completed by Autumn/Winter this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

We did also. We were told they will be completed by Autumn/Winter this year.

We bought in the phase launched in February and were given a finish date in late September. Ask Ballymore directly as SF told us that it would be finished in July.

Question to anyone who has moved in, once you done your snag, and handed the list to ballymore, how long until you closed and were in the house?

Were trying to work out Whrn to hand in our notice with the current landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Question to anyone who has moved in, once you done your snag, and handed the list to ballymore, how long until you closed and were in the house?

Were trying to work out Whrn to hand in our notice with the current landlord.

Hi

They came back within a week. But there was some back and forth and back and forth after that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

Was away for a bit, saw a question about the concreted vents. I'm attaching two pictures showing how they looked when I first snagged, one is almost completely covered, the second is half covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sunshine135

Hey, if anyone can recommend their snagger please send me a PM with some details.

Likewise if you have one to avoid for some reason let me know also!

Thanks

I also would appreciate recommendation for a snagger and the list of things to watch out for, in particular for the Ash house. Please pm me.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pink_polkadot

Hi all,

Would anyone have measurements for the island in the kitchen of the Heron (one that hasn't had any request alternations)? We noticed during our snagging that our island is alot shorter and closer to the back door than the island in the show house.

Thank you

Hi all,

Would anyone have measurements for the island in the kitchen of the Heron (one that hasn't had any request alternations)? We noticed during our snagging that our island is alot shorter and closer to the back door than the island in the show house.

Thank you

I don't have the measurements as I got an altered one. But I'd suggest that what you have is probably better than the default one in the showhouse. Having it closer to the back and smaller gives you more space for a kitchen table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 sunshine135

Danny87 wrote: »
    I see, thanks good to know thanks very much.

Thats a bit worrying about the criminality. Were buying on Hamilton Walk and had concerns about this as its very near the old ratoath bridge which is now cul de sac . Would you have any further information on this, is it regular thing ?

Hi Danny,
    I spoke to the security in the security office next to centra about 6months ago. According to him - once the houses are built on this end of RCP, there will be more CCTV cameras in this area and even the second security office planned will be located there. Maybe Ballymore or management company can confirm this information.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pink_polkadot

I don't have the measurements as I got an altered one. But I'd suggest that what you have is probably better than the default one in the showhouse. Having it closer to the back and smaller gives you more space for a kitchen table.

Not really, we just seem to have a large unsteady shelf that will be sat on and broken. It also means that the only entrance to our back garden is tighter. We were looking to see what it's like in other herons to get an idea of what height and what distance it should be from the back for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Not really, we just seem to have a large unsteady shelf that will be sat on and broken. It also means that the only entrance to our back garden is tighter. We were looking to see what it's like in other herons to get an idea of what height and what distance it should be from the back for.

I suggest you and Fret_Wimp get together and make a joint case the ballymore. Sounds like you both have the same issue. No hard printing up an A4 page and sticking it in the letter box of your neighbours either and gathering as a group. Seems like a total design flaw they introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

belleray wrote: »
    Was away for a bit, saw a question about the concreted vents. I'm attaching two pictures showing how they looked when I first snagged, one is almost completely covered, the second is half covered.

Does anyone have a picture of what they should look like normally!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

slayerking wrote: »

If you google "weep vents in cavity walls" on google images you will see what they are like

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

I noticed a lot of the bricks on the built houses are weeping white material, from googling it looks like Efflorescence, is this somehting to be concerned about?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Can anyone confirm is a washing machine is included in the white goods from Ballymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Keithchap wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm is a washing machine is included in the white goods from Ballymore?

It is not , neither is a dryer

You get the Oven , Hob , microwave ,Extraction fan , Dishwasher and Fridge freezer

It is not , neither is a dryer

You get the Oven , Hob , microwave ,Extraction fan , Dishwasher and Fridge freezer

i'd suggest upgrading the Oven. I find it very noisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss Lemon

slayerking wrote: »

I think that you can see them above the windows on the photo that Sir Scruff posted earlier (3 May), although they seem to be absent closer to ground level.

Advertisement