Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss Lemon

Manion wrote: »
    I suggest you and Fret_Wimp get together and make a joint case the ballymore. Sounds like you both have the same issue. No hard printing up an A4 page and sticking it in the letter box of your neighbours either and gathering as a group. Seems like a total design flaw they introduced.

Pink Polkadot- it sounds like the changes we requested may have been carried out in your house. We requested for the end press and "L portion" of the breakfast bar to be removed and for the island to be moved up slightly towards the garden so that there would be more room for a kitchen table.

The structure of the breakfast bar -as what appears to be a slab of wood which runs from under the counter and cantilevers out has not changed as far as we can see from the show house. The height of it though seems lower -and more likely as people have mentioned to have someone sit on it. I'm not sure you would fit the high stools that were in the show house in it under it. We have raised this as part of our inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Layoulk

Hello, if anyone know a good tiler can you please PM me his details. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

If anyone has a recommendation of someone to hang wallpaper Id appreciate it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sunshine135

Does anyone knows what floors used in the showhouse in the hall and living room?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

I think that I having issues with the pump, inside the little storage room.

It is constantly loosing pressure and as soon as it gets below 2.0 bars it gets triggered. Which means every five minutes there's the pump making noise. ...a bit annoying...

I'm afraid there's a leak somewhere and initially I was suspecting this was happening because of one specific toilet, but then realised that they all have the same behaviour after flushing. They take ages to fully stop.

Anyone else had/have the same pump behaviour, is it normal to be constantly getting triggered, even just by turning the tap for 2 seconds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

OrdeP wrote: »

It is constantly loosing pressure and as soon as it gets below 2.0 bars it gets triggered. Which means every five minutes there's the pump making noise. ...a bit annoying...

I'm afraid there's a leak somewhere and initially I was suspecting this was happening because of one specific toilet, but then realised that they all have the same behaviour after flushing. They take ages to fully stop.

Anyone else had/have the same pump behaviour, is it normal to be constantly getting triggered, even just by turning the tap for 2 seconds?

When you say every 5 minutes do you mean every 5 minutes even when no water is used. Or do you mean the sound whenever a tap is used or a toilet is used?

I do have this issue whenever a tap, toilet or shower is used straight away it goes on. It's a major issue as it means if for example, I'm using the en suite on the 3rd floor, it's waking up the people on the second floor with the noise of the pump.

cronos wrote: »
    When you say every 5 minutes do you mean every 5 minutes even when no water is used. Or do you mean the sound whenever a tap is used or a toilet is used?

When no water is being used anymore. If the water is turned off completely for a couple minutes, it stops. But as soon I turn it on again and I flush a toilet once, it starts making noise aprox every 5 min (when everything is off).

It's just weird, I guess I'll need to get somebody coming over
    I do have this issue whenever a tap, toilet or shower is used straight away it goes on. It's a major issue as it means if for example, I'm using the en suite on the 3rd floor, it's waking up the people on the second floor with the noise of the pump.

It is indeed a big issue, at least a very annoying one.

OrdeP wrote: »
    It's just weird, I guess I'll need to get somebody coming over

It is indeed a big issue, at least a very annoying one.

Let me know if you have any luck. I thought it might just be the way its setup but if it's fixable I'd be delighted. It's really annoying not being able to use the top floor en suite just in case it wakes the rest of the house.

I've been paying attention to the doors in the house and notice that they seem to slam shut, they aren't moving quickly or anything. No one is slamming them shut for sure, it's just they automatically swing closed at a normal looking speed but are very loud as they finish closing, anyone found this?

Noticed it's not an uncommon issue.

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-57832.html

cronos wrote: »
    I've been paying attention to the doors in the house and notice that they seem to slam shut, they aren't moving quickly or anything. No one is slamming them shut for sure, it's just they automatically swing closed at a normal looking speed but are very loud as they finish closing, anyone found this?

Noticed it's not an uncommon issue.

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-57832.html

They are sprung doors, its regulation, a new house cannot be sold without them.

In RCP, the spring is internal to the hinge, and they are connected by a tiny pin in the top and bottom of the hinge. If you remove this pin you disconnect the spring and the doors will not close of their own will.

Im unsure if there is a mechanism by which the spring can be adjusted as I only got to look at them on snag day.

If the noise is the latch clicking into the lock keep, you may need a fitting around the lock keep thats sloped in so it doesnt spring in once it gets passed the lock keep ledge (hope that makes sense)

OrdeP wrote:

This is a problem in a lot of new houses and apartments, its usually down to the pump not being fitted correctly. It is probably working fine, but vibrating against whatever surface its screwed to.

A quick search online shows a few viable solutions:

- Replace the pump with a submerged pump. it sits in a tank of water and is generally much less noisy, but there's a bit of cost involved in this.

- place a box thats lined with a sound dampening material, around the pump (make sure its still ventilated and wont overheat, dont want a fire).

- put some bushings between the pump and the surface its screwed to, rubber mat, rubber washers or something purposefully made. An old thread here on boards recommends placing a good layer of silicone on the ground and just gently leave a tile on top of this (dont squash the silicone). When it sets, screw the pump down again and the silicon and tile will take the brunt of the vibrations.

Its one of the first things il be tending to when i move in as it was very noisy when we tried it out on snag day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

The pump is an e.sybox mini.
    It's located in the press under the stairs.

Was this model fitted in the early phases also?
    I don't recall seeing it in the show house.

The pump is water cooled so heat should be minimal, Still does need a degree of ventilation I'm sure.

The noise may be installation related, it would need further investigation.

Added brochure and documents

http://e.syboxmini.dabpump.eu/

http://e.syboxmini.dabpump.eu/pdf/owner_manual.pdf

http://e.syboxmini.dabpump.eu/pdf/e.syboxmini_quickguide.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

The pump in our house is seldom active but when it is you can definitely hear it. It usually comes on for an extremely short period of time and then off again. I had understood the bathrooms are all feed from the tanks in the attic space as opposed to directly off the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

I tested the pump in our house today, Yes you can hear it but it is not nosier than any other pump that I have experienced in other places. In reality it seems to be quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

For anyone who put deposits on houses in the February release and are getting double doors installed... At what point do you pay the plumber/door fitter for the modifications or has anyone payed already?
    I understand you need to pay them up front.

I have not paid for either up front, I have just finished my review of the snag list and the fixes, I advised the door company that I will pay them once the doors are good in the snag. In saying this the approach might have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

slayerking wrote: »
    For anyone who put deposits on houses in the February release and are getting double doors installed... At what point do you pay the plumber/door fitter for the modifications or has anyone payed already?
    I understand you need to pay them up front.

We paid contractor for the doors up front , was told it was required we paid ~4 weeks ago.
    Have not paid plumber yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

Miss Lemon wrote: »
    Pink Polkadot- it sounds like the changes we requested may have been carried out in your house. We requested for the end press and "L portion" of the breakfast bar to be removed and for the island to be moved up slightly towards the garden so that there would be more room for a kitchen table.

The structure of the breakfast bar -as what appears to be a slab of wood which runs from under the counter and cantilevers out has not changed as far as we can see from the show house. The height of it though seems lower -and more likely as people have mentioned to have someone sit on it. I'm not sure you would fit the high stools that were in the show house in it under it. We have raised this as part of our inspection.

Hi, How much if at all were your quoted to move the breakfast bar ? We are thinking of doing this aswell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss Lemon

Danny87 wrote: »
    Hi, How much if at all were your quoted to move the breakfast bar ? We are thinking of doing this aswell ?

For the changes we made to the island/ breakfast bar we were quoted and agreed to €150. I'm sure it depends on what changes you intend make but it might give you a good gauge. If you want any more information on what we requested let me know (PM) and I can send you details.

Manion wrote: »
    The pump in our house is seldom active but when it is you can definitely hear it. It usually comes on for an extremely short period of time and then off again. I had understood the bathrooms are all feed from the tanks in the attic space as opposed to directly off the mains.

I've run a quick test today:
    1) right after turning the water on (pump) and without turning any tap on or flush anything. The pump triggered every 5 minutes.
    2) flushed a toilet. The pump triggered 3 times every 5 minutes for about 15 minutes or so.
    3) after 30 minutes or so stabilised again in about 1 every 5 minute, again without running any water.

There's definitely some odd there... :(

We are finished snagging a Heron and I must say that we are very please with the quality of the finish, There are always problems to fix but Ballymore were very quick in fixing them.

• Advertisement

Nhol78 wrote: »
    We are finished snagging a Heron and I must say that we are very please with the quality of the finish, There are always problems to fix but Ballymore were very quick in fixing them.

Good to hear! How long did it take ballymore, from when you sent in the list to when they called you to reinspect?

for any one in a heron - can you please tell me how many light fittings are in the hall on the ground floor. In the picture I took I can only see one but thinking there might be two. thanks

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Good to hear! How long did it take ballymore, from when you sent in the list to when they called you to reinspect?

just over a week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Is anybody else having trouble getting home insurance quotes because the address is too new?

Mines appeared in eircode just in the last few weeks but Allianz still don't have it in their system.
    They also mentioned they may not cover a property with a Canal nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭maciektok

Is anybody else having trouble getting home insurance quotes because the address is too new?

Mines appeared in eircode just in the last few weeks but Allianz still don't have it in their system.
    They also mentioned they may not cover a property with a Canal nearby.

AXA gave us pretty good quote so we went with them. Zurich will insure you as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Nhol78 wrote: »
    for any one in a heron - can you please tell me how many light fittings are in the hall on the ground floor. In the picture I took I can only see one but thinking there might be two. thanks

There are two in my home. I also had 3 lights in the kitchen but I was only expecting 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 john_this

Hi Guys, I got a house in the limited release in April 2017, and was given a move-in date of Jan/Feb 2018, just wondering has anybody else had to wait 9 months to get their house? Also, if there is anybody who got one in the last release would they be able to PM me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

john_this wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I got a house in the limited release in April 2017, and was given a move-in date of Jan/Feb 2018, just wondering has anybody else had to wait 9 months to get their house? Also, if there is anybody who got one in the last release would they be able to PM me. Thanks

When we were queueing for the previous release the contracts manager from Ballymore said it it would Feb/March 2018 before they would be built, even though they would be on sale only 2 - 3 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

We got in the previous phase (feb) and ours should be ready for snagging at the end of September - so ~7 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

We got one in the limited release also, the agent called us with an update yesterday to say it would be completed in Nov or Dec.

Advertisement