Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

We got one in the limited release also, the agent called us with an update yesterday to say it would be completed in Nov or Dec.

Hi IrishGirl12 ,

We were told by SF on release day that they will be ready winter 17.

Ballymore then confirmed to me last week that the snag date is 19th February 18.

Who in SF has told you this ? Its hard to know who to listen to:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

Listen to the builders - SF will say anything

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

Listen to the builders - SF will say anything

Agree... I find them infuriating to deal with at this stage:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

Danny87 wrote: »
    Hi IrishGirl12 ,

We were told by SF on release day that they will be ready winter 17.

Ballymore then confirmed to me last week that the snag date is 19th February 18.

Who in SF has told you this ? Its hard to know who to listen to:confused:
    Nick in SF and said he got an update from the builders to say it would be Nov/Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Keithchap wrote: »
    When we were queueing for the previous release the contracts manager from Ballymore said it it would Feb/March 2018 before they would be built, even though they would be on sale only 2 - 3 months later.

I think it was related to the financing, the bank is releasing a tranche of finance per phase, which may mean they do not release the next tranche until the current phase is near completion in September, add six months build time and you get Feb/March next year.

That said, I was up there at the weekend and noticed they had started groundwork on the latest phase just beside the existing showhouses.

Go with whatever Ballymore are saying, they are pretty straight with this information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Ballymore say the snaglist is complete, Walking through it with the site manager shortly.
    Anything i need to be aware of, look out for, seeing as its my first time to go over a snaglist?

I know the bigger stuff is a no brainer, such as levelling the floor, clearing out the vents, fixing a lose step in the stairs & plaining the dips out of the upstairs floors, no sealant around base of backsplash.

There were a LOT of smaller things though, such as uneven tile floor in one bathroom, chipped tile in the shower, nails in doorframe sticking out and painted over, no paint behind door hinges, dirty hand prints on walls, pencil marks on wall visible behind backsplash - should i push that these type of issues are resolved before closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Ballymore say the snaglist is complete, Walking through it with the site manager shortly.
    Anything i need to be aware of, look out for, seeing as its my first time to go over a snaglist?

I know the bigger stuff is a no brainer, such as levelling the floor, clearing out the vents, fixing a lose step in the stairs & plaining the dips out of the upstairs floors, no sealant around base of backsplash.

There were a LOT of smaller things though, such as uneven tile floor in one bathroom, chipped tile in the shower, nails in doorframe sticking out and painted over, no paint behind door hinges, dirty hand prints on walls, pencil marks on wall visible behind backsplash - should i push that these type of issues are resolved before closing?

Yes I would push to get them sorted before closing, they will not delay you too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 john_this

Keithchap wrote: »
    I think it was related to the financing, the bank is releasing a tranche of finance per phase, which may mean they do not release the next tranche until the current phase is near completion in September, add six months build time and you get Feb/March next year.

That said, I was up there at the weekend and noticed they had started groundwork on the latest phase just beside the existing showhouses.

Go with whatever Ballymore are saying, they are pretty straight with this information.

Just out of interest, did you just ring up the main office for Ballymore and ask to be put in contact with manager on the Royal Canal Park development? Would have thought they'd ask you to go through SF with your queries?

john_this wrote: »
    Just out of interest, did you just ring up the main office for Ballymore and ask to be put in contact with manager on the Royal Canal Park development? Would have thought they'd ask you to go through SF with your queries?

The Ballymore representative made an appearance at the queue for phase 5 in February, the evening before the release. He was a very decent guy and answered any questions we had as best he could.

If you want to talk with Ballymore you need to contact the site office.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭griffdlk

We have put down our €5k deposit for a Hazel A in the limited release last month. Sherry Fitz indicated July for move in (we assumed this meant August / September) so slightly worried about the mention of Feb 2018? The house is pretty much finished, the back garden needs to be finished and the fence put up and the back garage doors put in place but all the painting is done, wardrobes fitted with doors, all electrics working, bathrooms (with tiles) and kitchen (with appliances and worktops) finished and heating/water units operational. I'd be surprised if they couldn't finish this in a couple of days if it was prioritised after contracts are signed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

griffdlk wrote: »
    We have put down our €5 deposit for a Hazel A in the limited release last month. Sherry Fitz indicated July for move in (we assumed this meant August / September) so slightly worried about the mention of Feb 2018? The house is pretty much finished, the back garden needs to be finished and the fence put up and the back garage doors put in place but all the painting is done, wardrobes fitted with doors, all electrics working, bathrooms (with tiles) and kitchen (with appliances and worktops) finished and heating/water units operational. I'd be surprised if they couldn't finish this in a couple of days if it was prioritised after contracts are signed?

You should reach out to Ballymore and find out the completion date with them. RE the Feb 2018, this wouldn't be where you have bought as the Hazel's are from the older phases (already pretty much-completed areas). I spoke to the developer earlier and was given a completion estimate for early Nov. This is the phase that was released in April - In the section on Royal Canal Ave.

griffdlk wrote: »
    We have put down our €5 deposit for a Hazel A in the limited release last month. Sherry Fitz indicated July for move in (we assumed this meant August / September) so slightly worried about the mention of Feb 2018? The house is pretty much finished, the back garden needs to be finished and the fence put up and the back garage doors put in place but all the painting is done, wardrobes fitted with doors, all electrics working, bathrooms (with tiles) and kitchen (with appliances and worktops) finished and heating/water units operational. I'd be surprised if they couldn't finish this in a couple of days if it was prioritised after contracts are signed?

There are no Hazels being built in the latest phase. The Hazel you bought was from a previous phase hence the nearer completion date. The houses that may not be completed till Feb are the ones in the South East on the site plan, i.e. the block 33 - 42 Royal Canal Avenue.

For those who have all ready moved into the area you should try to attend this meeting about crime in the area.

For those who have yet to move in please don't worry the area is actually not that bad :)

Insurance company asked if any of the property has a flat roof. At the time I thought no, but now I think about it, the bit over the front bay windows is flat. It's tiny but it's there.

Should I correct them?
    Did it come up for anyone else when purchasing insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Insurance company asked if any of the property has a flat roof. At the time I thought no, but now I think about it, the bit over the front bay windows is flat. It's tiny but it's there.

Should I correct them?

They usually ask if it's above a certain percentage.

Google 'percent flat roof Insurance' and you will see what I mean.

So no, it's a negligible amount and I don't think it's even considered a roof.

They usually ask if it's above a certain percentage.

Google 'percent flat roof Insurance' and you will see what I mean.

So no, it's a negligible amount and I don't think it's even considered a roof.

Yep, roof has to be over 20% flat before it makes any difference.

Just finished going over our snag list with ballymore.

They were fantastic, in particular Robbie, who really makes sure you are happy with the finish.

our snagger was very very thorough, and the list was quite long, but they addressed everything.

Few small items that were missed but again, Robbie addressed most of them while we were there.

I was dreading it but it was made painless!

I'd recommend anyone going over their snag list, see if robbie can walk through it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Should I correct them?

I'd suggest to you to find out the paint and paint brands used throughout.

The shade of white on door frames and windows especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Just finished going over our snag list with ballymore.

They were fantastic, in particular Robbie, who really makes sure you are happy with the finish.

our snagger was very very thorough, and the list was quite long, but they addressed everything.

Few small items that were missed but again, Robbie addressed most of them while we were there.

I was dreading it but it was made painless!

I'd recommend anyone going over their snag list, see if robbie can walk through it with you.

Did you end up getting the kitchen Island height sorted?

slayerking wrote: »
    Did you end up getting the kitchen Island height sorted?

No, its as per design. There are designs and plans for the kitchen to be fair, but we never got them.

Its a case of should have known better, we should have known to ask for all plans and drawings when we put down a deposit, but we assumed they would just be provided. Lesson learned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

No, its as per design. There are designs and plans for the kitchen to be fair, but we never got them.

Its a case of should have known better, we should have known to ask for all plans and drawings when we put down a deposit, but we assumed they would just be provided. Lesson learned.
    I've requested them from Ballymore and they pointed me to the kitchen company who have yet to provide them to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

We had a bit of trouble getting hold of the kitchen supplier initially but once we did I found them very good to deal with. What they do not know about Kitchens is not worth knowing !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Just an update of the sewage smell in the kitchen.

I had hoped sorting out the gully would resolve this issue but is has not. I've informed ballymore but there has been no response yet.

Anyone have any info on guest parking around Bridge Ave?
    AFAIK the only non reserved parking is over around the centra shop & cafe.

The only parking spots not outside houses on bridge avenue are reserved for Ballymore.

I have received some questions regarding my views on the kitchen so let me clarify for all reading the thread.

The overall kitchen is well designed and implemented to a high standard.

My issues lie with the counter surrounding the island:
    • It is not what was presented in the show house, where bar stools fit underneath it. In my house, it is much lower.
    • it is an unsupported flexible shelf at a convenient height for sitting on. I am sure that at some point, someone in RCP will have this crack when an adult sits or leans on it.
    • it appears closer to the back doors in my house than in the show house

Let me clarify again, the kitchen is of good quality and would recommend it but i do feel the above are design flaws in the counter surrounding the island.
    If these issues can be resolved (at my expense) then I wont have any issues recommending the kitchen to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Anyone have any info on guest parking around Bridge Ave?
    AFAIK the only non reserved parking is over around the centra shop & cafe.

The only parking spots not outside houses on bridge avenue are reserved for Ballymore.

Is the parking over by the current gym not for visitors ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

They're pay by text parking spots now.

janeybaby wrote: »

They're pay by text parking spots now.
    Yes the change came in yesterday, I have not read up on how it works yet, Overall the parking around the entire area is going to be awful for visitors.
    If anyone is interested in my experience of sanding and varnishing the floors pm me in a few days, I am halfway through it.
    If anyone is looking for a good company to buy light fittings from PM me, we found a great company that is just around the corner and does great prices.

Can you PM me details of the light fitting supplier.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

We are considering putting a king size bed in the Heron 1st floor ensuite.
    Can anyone confirm it would not be an issue?

I thought the show house had this size bed in the room.

Advertisement