Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Manion wrote: »
    The equivalent Herrons (one parking space, canal view) were 365K in my phase. There are always slight differences (quieter road but closer to commercial units) but that to me is a 70K increase.

I didn't know the Heron's were 365k along the canal. Bridge avenue they were 380k.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Has anyone had a garden tap fitted after the house is snagged/finished?

Arbie wrote: »
    Has anyone had a garden tap fitted after the house is snagged/finished?

Did they leave the pipe sticking out the back wall? Like have the fitted everything but the tap?

I know there is a piece that needs to be done early in the build that could not be done later (or would be costly). I think the matter of just fitting the tap is a very small job. Don't think it's worth 150 euro personally.

Some of those prices seem wrong. Like the following for example.

2016-12-22 15 Bridge Avenue, Royal Canal Park, Ratoath Road, Dublin 15 €442,650

I could just be wrong and the above is correct. Just expected they would have been in the same phase as the other houses on that road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Seems some of them are miles off, even the address is misspelled in some. But for sure that was the starting price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FSMPastafarian

You could go with a modular couch, we have a modular L-shape couch, 4 separate seats that you push together into an L-shape. you can make a regular couch from it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

cronos wrote: »
    Some of those prices seem wrong. Like the following for example.

2016-12-22 15 Bridge Avenue, Royal Canal Park, Ratoath Road, Dublin 15 €442,650

I could just be wrong and the above is correct. Just expected they would have been in the same phase as the other houses on that road.

Those are without VAT: €442,650 + 13.5% = €502,407.75

I was wrong.

andreionut wrote: »
    Those are without VAT: €442,650 + 13.5% = €502,407.75

The site I linked to includes VAT. The official site does not. The information is simply wrong for those houses unless they where put back on the market and price increased.

The site I linked to includes VAT. The official site does not. The information is simply wrong for those houses unless they where put back on the market and price increased.

I looked at my house and the price is correct.

• Advertisement

The equivalent Herrons (one parking space, canal view) were 365K in my phase. There are always slight differences (quieter road but closer to commercial units) but that to me is a 70K increase.

The bigger gardens contributed the most of the price increase. That and the market going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Decorator being used for RCP quoted 1350 euros to paint the house grey as in the showhouse.
    It’s a lot of money considering Sherry Fitz said that’s what it would be in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Decorator being used for RCP quoted 1350 euros to paint the house grey as in the showhouse.
    It’s a lot of money considering Sherry Fitz said that’s what it would be in the first place.

Is that to re-paint the entire house again from white to grey or to just paint it grey from the start (i.e. before he's started painting at all)?

The bigger gardens contributed the most of the price increase. That and the market going up.

How big are the gardens ? One in my phase had 110 sq meters, one parking spot, canal view sold for 375K.

slayerking wrote: »
    Is that to re-paint the entire house again from white to grey or to just paint it grey from the start (i.e. before he's started painting at all)?

Its to repaint. He says he's been instructed by Ballymore that he cannot repaint the houses until after keys have changed hands, i.e. houses have to be sold white.

Im not sure i can in good conscience pay the same man 1300 to repaint a house a month after it was painted!

That's very good if it includes paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Its to repaint. He says he's been instructed by Ballymore that he cannot repaint the houses until after keys have changed hands, i.e. houses have to be sold white.

Im not sure i can in good conscience pay the same man 1300 to repaint a house a month after it was painted!

Gees, thats such a waste of time on his behalf if he cannot just paint them grey from the start. I'd be in the same boat as yourself so - our phase is being built atm.
    Not a chance would I pay him that considering it was supposed to be included in the price. I'll paint my own house (I painted for years as a teenager though!) and spend the 1350 elsewhere.

How big are the gardens ? One in my phase had 110 sq meters, one parking spot, canal view sold for 375K.

In the new phase, they look the same but when I bought (Bridge Ave, the ones that are done) the gardens were around 50 sq m and the price started at 380K

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

tradesman wrote: »
    You need to get the builders back in. That is a disgrace. The frame is definitely not fixed to the wall & will only get worse. Don't do anything else to it. Get them to fix it asap. It is one of the worst looking frames I've seen when compiling snag lists. Shower frames are notorious for leaking & its all down to the fitting of them!
    I checked the other shower door and found that it was also attached to only one side, even though this time there was no gap. It appears that screws were used only where the holes aligned with the gaps in tiles (two screws on one side for each door frame; nothing on the other side). Will I risk water damage if I get Ballymore drill new holes through the tiles?
    - Bathrooms:
    o Shower frame not tight and sealed to the wall.
    o Air vents dripping/leaking water.
    In our case, this was only noticeable when the temperature outside was close to freezing, and water condensed in the outlet. So if you snag in April or May, you may not notice it. This should also be happening only in houses where the pipes go through non-insulated attic, like the Ashes. If that's your case, check in the attic that the pipes are insulated (foam with a silver coating wrapped around the tube).
    Nhol78 wrote: »
    Roughly how long from snagging did it take people to close on the house and get the keys. Ballymore to fix snagg issues and all of the solicitor / bank items?
    Three weeks, in our experience. Our solicitor was adamant that we don't close until the snag list is completed and the house re-inspected, so Ballymore was facing all the pressure if they wanted to get the money.
    We paid 1500 for the Ash, including paint. The gray paint used goes for about 80 Euros per 10 liters. According to my very rough calculations, I expect that about 40 liters, or 320 Euros worth, were needed for the house. So the offer you received seems to be on the low end of what I'd expect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tradesman View Post
    You need to get the builders back in. That is a disgrace. The frame is definitely not fixed to the wall & will only get worse. Don't do anything else to it. Get them to fix it asap. It is one of the worst looking frames I've seen when compiling snag lists. Shower frames are notorious for leaking & its all down to the fitting of them!

I checked the other shower door and found that it was also attached to only one side, even though this time there was no gap. It appears that screws were used only where the holes aligned with the gaps in tiles (two screws on one side for each door frame; nothing on the other side). Will I risk water damage if I get Ballymore drill new holes through the tiles?

You need to get Ballymore back in to sort the frame out asap. Tell them you cannot use it as it is and is. They cannot deny that ist has been badly fitted. Dont even attempt to do anything yourself

• Advertisement

I would imagine the house for 365 in that phase was the one with one spot and a garden of 57 sq meters, the largest garden with one space in that phase is 94 sq meters, according to the site plan anyway. Still, an extra 10K seems reasonable for an extra 37 sq meters in the garden.
    The gardens for the Herons in the recent phase are all around 63 sq meters so nothing significant there, apart from one of the Hazels which has 109 sq meters.
    I would imagine the price difference is mostly around being later in the development so having to put up with a building site for less time, not being in front of a busy road, increases in the general market and also although I think minimally by the HTB scheme which effects are yet to be fully felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

I know many have posted about internet awhile back. But just getting around to getting phone line and internet installed now. Is there anything that I specifically I need to do before Eir arrive so that they can install the router easily in the utility room (Heron house) and then I can just connect the bedrooms with Ethernet (I know from previous posts that the RJ11 faceplates in the bedrooms need to be replaced with RJ45's and then the wire connected). but just unsure if there was anything else that needed to be done before Eir arrive. Apologies if I have missed something that was already posted about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Dovetail,

You need to get some one out to replace the face plates and to connect them all up to make them live, You can then have the router in the utility room, Note that most standard routers from ISP's only have 4 ports, as such you will need another router to cover all rooms if you want the internet in every room.

Would anyone be able to send me on what they paid for shutters/blinds in a Heron?

Would anyone be able to send me on what they paid for shutters/blinds in a Heron?

+1

There appaers to be an extremely long lead time on shutters as opposed to blinds. Something to keep in mind.

+1
    Perhaps the approximate cost could be posted here with supplier names sent by PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

I would also be interested in this

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mandy662

Dovetail,

You need to get some one out to replace the face plates and to connect them all up to make them live, You can then have the router in the utility room, Note that most standard routers from ISP's only have 4 ports, as such you will need another router to cover all rooms if you want the internet in every room.

Hey,
    Sorry crashing this post!
    I want to request RJ45 faceplates instead of the RJ11 to the electrician ..where in the house should I be requesting them? All over the house? Sorry I know absolutely nothing about this.. I had intended to ask to put them in the living room only and make all cabling active??
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

Dovetail,

Thank you! could you PM approximate costs and contact details please? :)

Advertisement