Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

mandy662 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Sorry crashing this post!
    I want to request RJ45 faceplates instead of the RJ11 to the electrician ..where in the house should I be requesting them? All over the house? Sorry I know absolutely nothing about this.. I had intended to ask to put them in the living room only and make all cabling active??
    Thanks!

Yeah, ask the electrician to wire the faceplates for RJ45. You could also ask him to label and terminate the wires (add a connector) in the utility room.
    I had a big surprise when I saw that they just leave the cables under a cover and they don't have plugs or are not labeled.

There should be 6-7 cables in the utility room. One that comes from the outside (internet) and 5-6 from the rooms (living, family room, 3-4 bedrooms).

@dovetail
    The Eir guy can go to the utility room and test each of them (if they are not labeled and see which one comes from the outside). They might be annoyed to test that many cables, but it should not take too long.

When I moved the Eir router to the utility room some devices stopped having a signal in the bedroom so I installed a range extender.

To connect all the cables you need a switch and a cable to connect the router to the switch. Another router might complicate things as they are built to separate the networks by default. A switch unites the networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

dovetail wrote: »
    Thank you! could you PM approximate costs and contact details please? :)

Me too Please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Me too Please

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

cronos wrote: »
    +1

+1 please!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

I think i messaged everyone, if I missed anyone please PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Any updates on the Aldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Perhaps the approximate cost could be posted here with supplier names sent by PM?

Can someone please post the approximate costs for the Shutters/Blinds for any of the 4 beds, I see a lot of people have replicated what is on the show house, they look good, it would be handy to know for budgeting, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

We paid about 2400 for the Herron. Shutters would have been a multiple of that and also a 3 month wait. The show house has electric blinds. I don't think many went for those. Apparently they are extremely expensive.

Manion wrote: »
    We paid about 2400 for the Herron. Shutters would have been a multiple of that and also a 3 month wait. The show house has electric blinds. I don't think many went for those. Apparently they are extremely expensive.

Great thanks. 2400 for a manual version of what is in the show house was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Does anybody know and can PM me the company that did the Blinds in the show house
    Ballymore only gave us a interior decorator company who will also want a cut if we go through them.

• Advertisement

Keithchap wrote: »
    Great thanks. 2400 for a manual version of what is in the show house was it?

No, we got wooden venetian blinds. Roller blinds would have been cheaper.

Does anybody know and can PM me the company that did the Blinds in the show house
    Ballymore only gave us a interior decorator company who will also want a cut if we go through them.

+1, me too please.

+1 for me too.

Curious to know how much those electric blinds are. I'd love to get them in one or two rooms like living room and master bedroom. I emailed acme blinds but never got a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

slayerking wrote: »
    Ballymore only gave us a interior decorator  company who will also want a cut if we go through them.

+1 for me too.

Curious to know how much those electric blinds are. I'd love to get them in one or two rooms like living room and master bedroom. I emailed acme blinds but never got a response.

me too please for the company that did the blinds, and if slayerking finds out about the electric blinds. tks!

me too please for the company that did the blinds, and if slayerking finds out about the electric blinds. tks!

+1 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

Got a couple quotes not long time ago and on average price of blinds adds 300 euros to price.

A bit pricey...

OrdeP wrote: »
    Got a couple quotes not long time ago and on average price of blinds adds 300 euros to price.

A bit pricey...

300 euro per blind to make it electric?!

300 euro per blind to make it electric?!

Yes. Which is away above my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

We paid €1,500 for blackout rollerblinds, including 4x motorised, in a Heron. We got 5 quotes, ranged from €1,200 to €3,000.

Arbie wrote: »
    We paid €1,500 for blackout rollerblinds, including 4x motorised, in a Heron. We got 5 quotes, ranged from €1,200 to €3,000.
    Would it be possible to get the name of the supplier you went with. Via PM.

• Advertisement

Same here :)

Arbie wrote: »

May I have your blinds' supplier as for that price range I would definetly consider in getting some motorised blinds.

Installation included I assume?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

+1 please!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

HI Guys,
    Would you be able to PM who you used to carry out your snaglist assuming you were happy with them?

Regarding motorisation of the blinds, they will require a wire to power the motor. Can anyone tell me if the house windows are wired for them by default? I assume the windows are wired for an alarm, but does this include a power supply?

Regarding motorisation of the blinds, they will require a wire to power the motor. Can anyone tell me if the house windows are wired for them by default? I assume the windows are wired for an alarm, but does this include a power supply?

They are not wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

The motorized blinds can use battery, Personally I can not be bothered changing battery's in them and or wrecking the walls to add power cables. I am going to go for manual ones. We have a quote of 1,000 for Venetian blinds for Heron on all windows except for back door.

Nhol78 wrote: »
    The motorized blinds can use battery, Personally I can not be bothered changing battery's in them and or wrecking the walls to add power cables. I am going to go for manual ones. We have a quote of 1,000 for Venetian blinds for Heron on all windows except for back door.
    If you could pm me the supplier please thanks, I'm sure I won't be the only one to ask :-)
    <mod snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tippmon

Me too please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

I think I've PMed everyone who asked but if anyone else wants details of the motorised blinds PM me directly.

Apparently it's straightforward to wire them in but we are happy to recharge them and avoid cables. We use them a lot and have got about 10 months out of the 1st charge. According to 2 other installers the batteries last 5+ years.

Advertisement