Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

Hi all,
    Anybody aware of a law regarding the number of parking spaces per dwelling unit? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Hi all,
    Anybody aware of a law regarding the number of parking spaces per dwelling unit? Thanks!

It's one of the planning conditions. Originally it was 2 dedicated per unit but DCc reduced it. Development plan also mentions parking I think.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi all,

No law.
    It's a planning regulation and not set in stone. It can be offset by public transport, location etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

Hi all,

See page 307 table 17.1
    https://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/Planning/DublinCityDevelopmentPlan/Documents/DevelopmentPlanWrittenStatementUpdate.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

IvanPogi25 wrote: »

For this development I think it is 1.6. That was in the planning permission. The guidelines may also be referenced in the LAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 tippmon

Does anyone recall the exact detail of the loan approval provisions entered into their contracts? We are going through the contract agreement process now and while they will accept the law society clause re subject to approval; they are requiring the inclusion of an amendment to that clause that essentially allows them to require us (after 4 weeks notice) to declare the contract unconditional i.e. make it impossible to reclaim our deposit if anything goes wrong with our approval. Has this been other people's experience? Have Ballymore issued such notices?

There has been some reference in discussions to this not being required until after the roof stage. Does anyone already in a Heron remember approximately how long it was from roof stage to starting snagging?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

tippmon wrote: »
    Does anyone recall the exact detail of the loan approval provisions entered into their contracts? We are going through the contract agreement process now and while they will accept the law society clause re subject to approval; they are requiring the inclusion of an amendment to that clause that essentially allows them to require us (after 4 weeks notice) to declare the contract unconditional i.e. make it impossible to reclaim our deposit if anything goes wrong with our approval. Has this been other people's experience? Have Ballymore issued such notices?

There has been some reference in discussions to this not being required until after the roof stage. Does anyone already in a Heron remember approximately how long it was from roof stage to starting snagging?

Thanks

Hi,

We recently signed our contracts with a Sanction in Principle. Our solicitor rang their solicitors and they accepted that for the moment. They said that we would need the full offer at the roof stage. They said it would take about about 8 weeks after the roof for completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Quick question about bathroom fittings, I am assuming that there are no toilet role holders or towel racks outside of the radiators, Can some one confirm please,

Thought I would ask before I buy any.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Nhol78 wrote: »
    Quick question about bathroom fittings, I am assuming that there are no toilet role holders or towel racks outside of the radiators, Can some one confirm please,

Thought I would ask before I buy any.

That's correct. I got mine on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Bruncvik wrote: »
    That's correct. I got mine on Amazon.

Which one's out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

cronos wrote: »
    Which one's out of curiosity?

We're in the Ash; the main bathroom has only a narrow wall between the shower and the bath, so we got this one to hang a towel. There's no good place (within reach) to install a toilet roll holder, though, so we keep the roll on the ledge behind the toilet.

In the en-suite, the radiator is within reach of the shower, so no hanger was necessary, but we got this toilet roll holder.

The downstairs bathroom has plenty of floor space, so we figured we didn't have to drill into the walls and instead we got a free standing holder, similar to this one.

When I was researching various hangers and holders, I found three common technologies for attaching them: a suction cup, sticker pad and wall screws. Because there are no tiles in the walls, suction cups wouldn't work. I also assumed that drilling holes would create less work to fill them and repaint if we decided to change, than using a sticker pad, so we went with the screw-on variety.

Thanks for the answers, Another question, are there locks on the bathroom doors, I don't remember seeing any? I know there are none on the bedroom doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

All bathrooms have safety locks on thdm

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Manion wrote: »
    Dishwasher smell of sewage

Hi,

Others have complained on here about an smell in the kitchen. I can confirm that we are affect by the same thing. I was at home the other day and put on the dishwasher and there was a very noticeable smell coming from it. We normally put it on at night, so hadn't noticed.

Onto Ballymore now. Has anyone else had any success is getting this sorted?
    Chumpski wrote: »
    Hi neighbours!

We moved into Phelan Park in September last year to one of the 3 beds.
    We are for the most part, pleased with the house. The neighborhood is nice and quiet and all the occupants are friendly and nice to live near. We had a few issues with broadband initially but Eir is installed now and the speed is really good with a 100Mbit connection. That is quite an upgrade on our previous place!

Its kind of interesting and funny reading this thread :) I have been nodding my head at some of the problems you guys have had. (us too). I hate to point out the negatives and not all the good things about the development but here is my few points.

Some things i see repeated here are:
    * Our ensuite bathroom ceiling often has mold growing on it. We are obsessively clean but no matter how often we clean it comes back. I guess we also have the fan not insulated properly issue some of you have had.
    * The builders are slow to respond now the deal is all done. Its frustrating to not get responses and these things sorted asap.

Some things you guys have not mentioned though, (and i wonder does anybody else have this)
    * We tiled our kitchen. I wonder did anybody notice that now its impossible to get the dishwasher out without breaking tiles? Its just not possible to move the dishwasher or otherwise take the kitchen cabinet apart to move it. My father in law tiled our kitchen and noticed it immediately. The builders are at a bit of a loss about how to solve and keep failing to sort it out.
    * We also have a smell from the drains coming into the house periodically. Its not very pleasant as you can imagine. Anybody else have this? I hope its not some fundamental issue. Maybe this is a common new build thing.
    * Our worktop got exposed to water as its next to the sink and i guess the board was not treated properly so it warped :( The kitchen guys are coming to replace it but i wonder will the replacement have the same problem.

Just take those with a pinch of salt by the way anybody reading. We are pretty happy overall and if those things were sorted we would be really happy.

Thanks for reading!

Hi again everyone. Just reporting back on my post from a few weeks ago.

Ballymore did a great job solving our four problems mentioned above. They replaced the kitchen worktop, fixed the insulation problem in ensuite bathroom and did a double fix for us on the dishwasher tiling (not being able to get it out after tiling) & drain smell problem. They replaced with a new model. Fingers crossed but so far no drain smell and dishwasher looks now like a easy job to get it out. We are very happy now with the house and their response. All credit to them for being decent and fair.

How exactly did they fix the smell?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

For people with Heron. Do you have a light source for the room underneath the stairs?
    I have a three way switch above the door and one doors not seem connected to anything.

I'd advise anyone on here who can to go to the community policing forum next Thursday night. https://www.facebook.com/groups/185294091624379/

Leisha McDonald
    14 March at 15:30
    With all the recent posts about bike theft, the on-going issues with scramblers, vandalism in both the car parks and the Tolka Park etc, could I please urge as many people as possible to take the time to attend the upcoming Community Policing Forum Meeting THURSDAY 23rd MARCH 2017 at 7pm in the River Centre, beside Spar.
    Items for the agenda must be emailed no later than today to olive.warnock@dublincity.ie
    The Gardai will then have a response ready at the meeting.
    The forum is for Navan road and Pelletstown residents and is long established but has been poorly attended by Rathborne residents, which does us no favours in terms of getting our issues highlighted and dealt with.
    I greatly appreciate everything that those involved in the community association do, but they are only a small group of volunteers and cannot do everything.
    We all need to get involved directly as regards the recent spate of anti-social behaviour. This forum only takes place 4 times per year. The next time it will take place in Rathborne will be September. If last weekend is anything to go by, I am not looking forward to longer days and better weather this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ken c

Cronos, could you please elaborate on what anti social behaviour has been occurring and what happened last weekend if you have that info?

Manion wrote: »
    How exactly did they fix the smell?

Replacement of the dishwasher seems so far to have sorted the problem.

Ken c wrote: »
    Cronos, could you please elaborate on what anti social behaviour has been occurring and what happened last weekend if you have that info?

I think it's mostly around bike theft in the apartments in the general area. You can see more on facebook if you join the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/185294091624379/

• Advertisement

Replacement of the dishwasher seems so far to have sorted the problem.

Same brand/model? Or different?

Same brand/model? Or different?

Different model, slightly smaller to sort the original problem of not being able to get it out. But with added bonus of hopefully fixing drain smell, Could be entirely unrelated tbf, im not sure.

I think it's mostly around bike theft in the apartments in the general area. You can see more on facebook if you join the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/185294091624379/

We have been living in the area for a long time, Over the last few months there have been more break in's into cars and more bicycle thefts. The garda informed us that underground car parks are seen as low hanging fruit to the criminals as they are easy to access and to steal from.

Based on this people are asking for a good attendance at the meeting this week to show that the residents want action taken.

In saying the above the area is still a great place to live and we are looking forward to moving into the new house :)

Different model, slightly smaller to sort the original problem of not being able to get it out. But with added bonus of hopefully fixing drain smell, Could be entirely unrelated tbf, im not sure.

Sounds like it was actually fixed by being properly installed. Jason is due call by and have a look next week.
    Nhol78 wrote: »
    We have been living in the area for a long time, Over the last few months there have been more break in's into cars and more bicycle thefts. The garda informed us that underground car parks are seen as low hanging fruit to the criminals as they are easy to access and to steal from.

Based on this people are asking for a good attendance at the meeting this week to show that the residents want action taken.

In saying the above the area is still a great place to live and we are looking forward to moving into the new house :)

There is an area of Royal Canal Park where the residents votes to remove CCTV coverage for the area. I've forgotten which. Apparently this then became a hot spot for criminality. It would be good to know if this is also been seen in areas covered by CCTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I believe this is a hard water area of Dublin.
    Can any current resident confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

Yeah, living here 10 years. The water is pretty hard. Some people installed water softeners but I haven't. I may do when I move into the new house though.

andreionut wrote: »
    For people with Heron. Do you have a light source for the room underneath the stairs?
    I have a three way switch above the door and one doors not seem connected to anything.

That third switch is for a light over the bathroom mirror which is not installed.

I'd say it's moderately hard water. It's much better than what I had in Kildare but worse than what I experienced in the city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

We had a water softener back home, but so far i had no need for one in Dublin as it was all soft water in my previous places.

I only discovered this now, so it's an irritating potential expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

We had a water softener back home, but so far i had no need for one in Dublin as it was all soft water in my previous places.

I only discovered this now, so it's an irritating potential expense.

Does it make sense to ask Ballymore to put this in or to get it done after you've moved in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

The water is very hard, imo. As a long-time resident, I'd love to hear any solutions you have, something that can be retro-fitted.

Advertisement