Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mandy662

Just wondering could anyone confirm if there is a shower in the main bathroom of the iris?
    It's not on the layout/plans but is on the ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Is it just me or are the driveways on bridge avenue shorter than the ones on Royal canal avenue and Phelan avenue?

Seems every single car is jutting out onto the footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Manion wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the driveways on bridge avenue shorter than the ones on Royal canal avenue and Phelan avenue?

Seems every single car is jutting out onto the footpath.

I think so also. Your not the first person to say it to me either. I think we got screwed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Does anyone have a contact (phone/email) in Ballymore for requesting/discussing changes? I've heard Tom being mentioned in the thread so maybe hes the man. Probably via PM as per charter.

slayerking wrote: »
    Does anyone have a contact (phone/email) in Ballymore for requesting/discussing changes? I've heard Tom being mentioned in the thread so maybe hes the man. Probably via PM as per charter.

http://www.ballymoregroup.com/get-in-touch

If you ring the number listed they will give you the direct line to the site office.
    cronos wrote: »
    I think so also. Your not the first person to say it to me either. I think we got screwed there.

Maybe or maybe not, perhaps my longer drive way is why my garden is shorter than advertised.

• Advertisement

Did anyone notice that they seem to be looking for planning permission not to build the new residents gym? (I'm aware of the RCP apartments gym) This new gym was a major selling point for the estate so I'm quite annoyed. Anyone else feel the same?

http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=2063/17&theTabNo=1

That seems very poor. There are other vacant retail units available, why should we loose our gym?

From the planning application it's not clear if this is where the new developement gym is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

We were told only last week that the new gym would be opened by the end of this year. Seems a very odd decision.

It's possible it's just a part of it. But I'd have expected some level of communication.

Just seems easy to build all the houses, sell them off, then renege on the gym. Probably followed by the train station never getting built haha

As I say, I'd suggest putting in a comment on the application stating what you have been told.

All you sure it's the same unit? The planning permission places In a different lo where the gym is sign posted to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

If you read that planning permission it says that they're planning to start on the new gym in the next few weeks. The site isn't where the new gym is meant to go.

The refurb they've done on the existing gym is lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

If you read that planning permission it says that they're planning to start on the new gym in the next few weeks. The site isn't where the new gym is meant to go.

The refurb they've done on the existing gym is lovely too.

I stand corrected. Ignore my previous comments. The description threw me off.

Note to mod. Probably worth deleting the last few comments just not to cause confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mynameissinead

Hi, we put a deposit down on one of the new Heron's last weekend. I would be really interested in seeing the alternative kitchen plans as I'm not a fan of the current layout, can someone share them with me?
    Also, I know some people have added shower heads to the showers / bath, any idea how much the builders are charging for this modification?
    Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rosia

Hi, does anyone know when the next houses are going to be released? I know that they're the ones on the most right hand side but haven't gotten any more information. From looking at the plans, most of these houses seems to have two parking spaces so I assume the price will be raised to cover this. 
    Also, could anyone give me a bit more information on the last launch day? At what point did people start queuing the day before and how did that work?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Rosia wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know when the next houses are going to be released? I know that they're the ones on the most right hand side but haven't gotten any more information. From looking at the plans, most of these houses seems to have two parking spaces so I assume the price will be raised to cover this. 
    Also, could anyone give me a bit more information on the last launch day? At what point did people start queuing the day before and how did that work?
    Thanks!

I'd be running a mile from all these new accounts celebrating new estates and cheerleading price rises & proposing queung all night. estate agent much. As regards buying I'd be scrutunising every detail extremely closely and asking a lot of questionsand demanding answers from the vendor in writing - and from a company account.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rosia

Well, I'm not an estate agent. I would much prefer if the price did not increase and if I did not have to even consider queuing for a house, but from reading through the thread it would appear that the last release of houses sold out immediately. I'm considering this estate after several visits to the estate, lots of questions and careful deliberation. I posted here in the hope of getting some more information, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I'd be running a mile from all these new accounts celebrating new estates and cheerleading price rises & proposing queung all night. estate agent much. As regards buying I'd be scrutunising every detail extremely closely and asking a lot of questionsand demanding answers from the vendor in writing - and from a company account.

Havnt seen many people cheerleading price increases here, in fact this thread is very objective and helpful overall.
    rosia wrote:

, does anyone know when the next houses are going to be released? I know that they're the ones on the most right hand side but haven't gotten any more information. From looking at the plans, most of these houses seems to have two parking spaces so I assume the price will be raised to cover this.
    Thanks!

Phase 3 was just released last weekend and sold out. Unsure of how many houses exactly, there are details back a page or two in this thread, but guestimating 20-30 properties, varying from 3 to 4 bed.

Prices seem to go up by 15-20k each phase, with last phase being a bit more expensive due to being right alongside the canal.

Some houses have one parking space, some have two, the ones with two are more expensive. It's you're decision if you need two, or if there's even a property available with two.

Regarding the selling process, people usually queue from the night before outside the office on site and it's first come first served. Anyone who doesn't get a house can jump on a waiting list in case others pullout.

I heard Phase 2 release was a bit unorganized, with queue jumping and people losing their place due to sherry Fitz not keeping track of things or running it in an organized manner.

Word is phase 3 launch last week was much better organized, but people still queued up from the night before. You need to be early and very assertive to ensure you get a spot.

To be notified about the next phase get in touch with sherry Fitz. They will add you to a mailing list that is usually notified a few days before launch, but also call them weekly and ask as I am on that list, yet never got an email.

If you really want a house, join the waiting list as there are dropouts. Thsts how we got ours, no queueing! Less choice however but these are the decisions we made.

Thanks!

I believe the queue actually started at 730 Friday morning by someone who wanted a specific house of which there was only 1. People who arrived early on Saturday morning got the last houses. Three beds tend to sell out before four beds. Prices tend to rise by about €30k a phase but that varies a lot.

A second parking space adds €10k to the list price, or it has to date.

Next phase I'd estimate as June/July but that's very much a guess.

I'll second the recommendation to keep an eye for drop outs.

There will be another phase after that on the far side of centra. It's a separate planning application.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I believe it was 22 houses last time out

First person in the queue was 7am Friday morning
    By Midnight Friday that was 15 or so People
    Not sure anybody who arrived after about 8am Sat got a house

Next phase will be ~24 house I believe and certainly for the 4 beds this will be the most desirable Phase as this will be the quietest road

4 bed two parking spaces went up to 445K most recent phase which was a jump of ~40K so plan on at least 20K on top of that for last phase would be my guess.

If you are going to queue make sure you announce yourself when you arrive , people queuing put together the list not Sherry last time out and there was some queue jumping attempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

One thing I might warn is that there was a lot of people turning up around 12 who looked like they were interested in buying and lost out so queue could be bigger next time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Thanks!

I believe the queue actually started at 730 Friday morning by someone who wanted a specific house of which there was only 1. People who arrived early on Saturday morning got the last houses. Three beds tend to sell out before four beds. Prices tend to rise by about €30k a phase but that varies a lot.

A second parking space adds €10k to the list price, or it has to date.

Next phase I'd estimate as June/July but that's very much a guess.

I'll second the recommendation to keep an eye for drop outs.

There will be another phase after that on the far side of centra. It's a separate planning application.

People who got there early Saturday morning got the last 3 beds, there were still plenty of 4 beds left, they sold later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Hi Rosia,

To answer some of your questions:

- 10k more for a house with a second car space.

- Talk of the next phase being possibly sold in March 2017 but that they
    would not be ready until Spring next year, as phase 3 still had to be built.
    That was said as not concrete so worth keeping you eye out over the next
    while if you are interested.

- We were told queue for the last phase started on the Friday and that
    there was some trouble from a couple that arrived early on sat claiming
    they were first in line. EA said things apparently got very
    heated when they arrived but you'll always get people with that sense of
    entitlement.

By the sound of it people who had been queuing overnight kept their own list which worked well when EA showed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

Does anyone have any dimensions of the rooms in the Iris'? Thanks

Yeah - I was there for that launch and got an Iris. It was definitely worth having a list among us for when Sherry Fitzgerald arrived.

Does anyone have any dimensions of the rooms in the Iris'? Thanks

You'll get them on the planning permission drawings. They're approximate but as close as you'll get for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

The planning permission drawings can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Keithchap wrote: »
    The planning permission drawings can be found here

those drawings are 2014. they will be ballpark but dont count on them being accurate.

e.g. The first set of plans i got for the heron had french doors between the kitchen and living & between kitchen and small family room. it had a radiator in the hall and under the window in the living room.

When i questioned these differences between the plans and the showhouse with ballymore, i was sent up to date plans that matched the showhouse layout.

No french doors at all, solid wall between living room and kitchen.
    normal door between family room and kitchen.
    no radiator in hall.
    Livingroom radiator along wall boardering hall.

thats just the ground floor. I haven't scrutinized the first or 2nd floors.

Not huge changes for sure, but enough to mess up any plans you may have made.

You'll get them on the planning permission drawings. They're approximate but as close as you'll get for now.

Thank you. Do you know where I would get the planning permission drawings?

Something to note is that Phase 2 was released in Feb 2016. See here: There was another release in Aug 2016, which I guess SherryFitz still are calling Phase 2. Just something to be mindful of when trying to figure out price increases.

Since Feb 2016 (For the last 3 releases) people have been queuing overnight to get houses. In Feb 2016 it was only one couple if I recall, it now seems to be far more.

Thank you. Do you know where I would get the planning permission drawings?

See keithchap's post above.
    You want the documents tab and house type 5 on page 2 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss Lemon

We are hoping to install pocket/ sliding doors between the kitchen and the living room but have been told by Ballymore that it is too late for any modifications. Has anyone else investigated doing this themselves where it is not possible as part of the original build?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Miss Lemon wrote: »
    We are hoping to install pocket/ sliding doors between the kitchen and the living room but have been told by Ballymore that it is too late for any modifications. Has anyone else investigated doing this themselves where it is not possible as part of the original build?

The biggest problem with doing it yourself will probably be the pipework and radiator re-arrangement. The wall between the kitchen and the living room has a large radiator in the kitchen right where the double doors would be. When Ballymore install the double doors, they split this radiator into two smaller ones - one to the left of the double doors and another on the utility side wall (I believe). For pocket doors, Im also not sure either whether the wall cavity needs to be prepared a different way to take them. So it could turn out to be an expensive job.

Advertisement