Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Thanks. There was a queue from the day before but it was well organised by the people there and Sherry Fitzgerald ran it very well in the morning thankfully.

Good to hear. Did they sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mandy662

Hey everyone,
    Managed to pick up a 3 bed in yesterday's launch (an iris)
    Forgot to ask though, do the houses comes with the built in wardrobes?

And for anyone that got an Iris in previous phases, did you manage for fit your washing machine/dryer nicely into the utility space under where the stairs is?

Also really curious about the width of the kitchen between the counters, as in the width of your walking space from cooker to sink if that makes sense!

Pity they had no show houses of the iris!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Thanks. There was a queue from the day before but it was well organised by the people there and Sherry Fitzgerald ran it very well in the morning thankfully.

Sherry Fitz still telling people not to bother turning up before 12 on the day. Must be a liability thing, but yes queuing the night before was happening all the way back in phase 2.
    fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Who needs to sign off on it though? I asked Tom In ballymore and he just gave me numbers for the plumber and the electrician and told me to work it out with them. It felt very unofficial as I assumed changes would need to go through ballymore, rather than me trying to sync changes with a plumber and an electrician

Ballymore takes no responsibility for alterations agreed between you and their subcontractors. It's something to note that it will be you doing the chasing if something is wrong.

Something to note is that changing the layout of the radiators can impact the term al efficiency of your home. The houses are actually incredibly well designed. You only start to realise how effective the design is when you start to think about how it might be changed.
    cronos wrote: »
    Your getting the showhouse. The plans are old. Any changes from showhouse layout require agreement. I've heard some people being charged.

Any reason for wanting the radiatior on that wall to the kitchen. I'd have thought it better behind a couch on either the wall closest to the hallway or the opposite side.

But you can ask for there to be the following options between the kitchen and living room:

1. Just a wall matching the showhouse
    2. No wall
    3. Wall with double door opening
    4. Wall with double door opening and a double door (have to pay for that I think)
    5. Pocket doors (circa 1700 euro)

We where initially told no wall was an option, but it isn't. You can have an double door opening in the wall with no doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

We nabbed a Heron is yesterdays launch.

Were looking at requesting some modifications to it - specifically installing pocket doors between kitchen - living room and possibly moving the island a little bit towards the back door.

If anyone has done such modifications I would really appreciate some tips/ideas and if you have any pictures that would be great also (via PM).

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

According to myhome and Sherry Fitz website the current phase is already sold out.

I wonder did they all sell out on the Saturday/yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss Lemon

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has thought about their plans for managing bicycle storage?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Miss Lemon wrote: »
    Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has thought about their plans for managing bicycle storage?

Shed in back garden?

I think this works if youre not using regularly but not ideal to be carrying bikes through the house on a daily basis if you use to commute...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

I was over at the show houses today, Heron with two car parking spaces are now 445K!!! and they have all sold out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I think this works if youre not using regularly but not ideal to be carrying bikes through the house on a daily basis if you use to commute...

Unfortunately it's just the way it is. No access to the back garden is a bummer, but it's made clear if you ask, and it's clear on the site plan.

We debated it before deciding it wasn't a deal breaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I'm looking into bike hooks for the hallway. Alternatively you could use the downstairs bathroom. Plenty big to fit one at least.

Would be nice to have some communal bike sheds or something though.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Nhol78 wrote: »
    I was over at the show houses today, Heron with two car parking spaces are now 445K!!! and they have all sold out..

We went there today, too, just to ask which houses were being sold and how the sale went (and to take a photo of the media wall to have it done elsewhere). We were told that all houses were sold on Saturday. No Ashes in that phase, so we're curious about their asking price in the final phase, and how new buyers will react to that price.

Bruncvik wrote: »
    We went there today, too, just to ask which houses were being sold and how the sale went (and to take a photo of the media wall to have it done elsewhere). We were told that all houses were sold on Saturday. No Ashes in that phase, so we're curious about their asking price in the final phase, and how new buyers will react to that price.

What houses were on sale on Saturday out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

I was the section between the supermarket site and the canal. Mainly Herons and Irises, with a few corner houses. We were told that the Irises sold out first.

Bruncvik wrote: »
    I was the section between the supermarket site and the canal. Mainly Herons and Irises, with a few corner houses. We were told that the Irises sold out first.

Herons 445k and Irises 350?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

When I'm commuting on continuous days, I just leave the bike in the hall. It if I know I won't need it tomorrow, it goes in the shed.

Shared bike storage is a nightmare for upkeep, liability and they you run the risk of someone else damaging your bike or you damaging someone else's. Then the structure will not be in view of everyone that uses it so theft risk increases.

cronos wrote: »
    Herons 445k and Irises 350?

Iris 345k
    Rushes 370k (detached)
    Hazel 410k
    Heron 435k
    Willow 455k

They're the 'from' prices so some houses were more. I.e. The Heron price is one parking space. 10k more for the extra one.

A good price increase from the last phase but this phase was always going to be more given its location overlooking the canal.

slayerking wrote: »
    Iris 345k
    Rushes 370k (detached)
    Hazel 410k
    Heron 435k
    Willow 455k

They're the 'from' prices so some houses were more. I.e. The Heron price is one parking space. 10k more for the extra one.

A good price increase from the last phase but this phase was always going to be more given its location overlooking the canal.

Yes the canal and no busy road. Plus the help to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tippmon

We are in a similar position re Kitchen - we'd be very interested in any alternative kitchen layouts - moving the island- removing the island or even making a peninsula (if possible!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Intertesting link on the plan for the site next to Rathborne, accross from the Ashtown train station:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1842436&page=2

• Advertisement

tippmon wrote: »
    We are in a similar position re Kitchen - we'd be very interested in any alternative kitchen layouts - moving the island- removing the island or even making the a peninsula (if possible!!)

I have two drawings for a modified kitchen layout, I am happy to share them, PM me an e-mail address to send them to.

Nhol78 wrote: »
    I have two drawings for a modified kitchen layout, I am happy to share them, PM me an e-mail address to send them to.

PM sent. Very interested in some ideas for the kitchen layout and the pocket doors between kitchen and living room.

Thanks for the comments on bike situation- agree with all said. By no means do we see it as a deal breaker either but was just wondering what practical solutions others had come up with!

I have mailed everyone details on a different kitchen layout for the island in the middle. If you did not get it then let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Good to hear. Did they sell out?

Yeah quite quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

Thanks for the comments on bike situation- agree with all said. By no means do we see it as a deal breaker either but was just wondering what practical solutions others had come up with!

I was thinking about storing it somehow under the stairs. I don't have a bike so I might get a folding one, but from seeing the house on Friday there seems to be a bit of space in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Would a bike fit in where the bins are stored ?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

I was thinking the same until I saw that The bin storage has no roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kevpaul1

from the plans lodged as part of the Planning application, the little area for the bins is labelled as "Bins and Bike Storage".. If there was a secure way to lock the bike to the wall it would be ok but probably too small to fit both bins and even 1 bike i think.

• Advertisement

Kevpaul1 wrote: »
    from the plans lodged as part of the Planning application, the little area for the bins is labelled as "Bins and Bike Storage".. If there was a secure way to lock the bike to the wall it would be ok but probably too small to fit both bins and even 1 bike i think.

I've heard it's too small to fit a bike. But have not tried myself.

Advertisement