Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

We really liked the built in shelving in the small back living room. On request we were quoted 4k for having one fitted! Its a little out of our shelving budget.

1. Anyone do anything slightly more affordable for storage in their little back living room?
    2. Based on the show house, we want to change the position of one radiator. We really need to see plans though. do they come in the welcome pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Hi Guys,

I just have a couple of questions for someone who bought in the launch of the last phase.
    If someone doesn't mind offering details of their experience, could they let me know and I'll PM them on?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    We really liked the built in shelving in the small back living room. On request we were quoted 4k for having one fitted! Its a little out of our shelving budget.

1. Anyone do anything slightly more affordable for storage in their little back living room?
    2. Based on the show house, we want to change the position of one radiator. We really need to see plans though. do they come in the welcome pack?

For the rads they do not come in any welcome pack. You will just need to record where they are in the showhouse and then point to where they should be in the completed house.

Which radiator are you moving and where is it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Nhol78 wrote: »
    I have discussed this with the electrician who is wiring the hose, The internet connection from outside terminates in the hall, There is a loop from there into the utility room, You need some one to come in to make that loop active, then you can have your modem in the utility room. I have a person lined up to do this, To make all of the points in the house active and to fit a switch in the utility room to manage all of the connections.

I opened up connection in the hall last night and there are three sets of cables going into the box, one from outside, one back to the utility for bringing a line back there, and one mystery.

The builder is very expensive for any bespoke work. Someone earlier on the thread mentioned them quoting a couple grand to pain a single wall. We got wall presses, a sink and under-counter presses fitted in the utility by a guy, still ran to about 2K supply and fit. I can send you on his details if you're interested.

On the plans, if you contact Tom he'll send you on PDFs.

cronos wrote: »
    For the rads they do not come in any welcome pack. You will just need to record where they are in the showhouse and then point to where they should be in the completed house.

Which radiator are you moving and where is it going?

In the main living room (we have a heron), the showhouse had the radiator on the wall that boarders the hall, and the tv connection is on the far wall, that boarders the next house.
    We want to swap them around.

In the below image, that would mean the tv would go where that big abstract picture is and the radiator would be where the tv is.

Manion wrote: »

We got wall presses, a sink and undercounter presses fitted in the utility by a guy, still ran to about 2K supply and fit. I can send you on his details if you're interested.

On the plans, if you contact Tom he'll send you on PDFs.

Just emailed Tom, thanks. Yea, if you could PM me your guys details that would be great. Does he have a website where we can see work (im a child of the modern age!)

32558860391_7b0fec1bfc_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Looks like the new phase has been launched,

Fret, you can get the house plans from the planning website, I then went around and updated the plans with where all the sockets, radiators etc were, If you want to move radiators ask Ballymore they usually accommodate.

Manion, strange thing about the 3rd cable in the hall, I will ask my network guy to have a look when I move in, Can you pm me the details of the person who did the work in your snug fitting the presses?

Nhol78 wrote: »
    Looks like the new phase has been launched,

Fret, you can get the house plans from the planning website, I then went around and updated the plans with where all the sockets, radiators etc were, If you want to move radiators ask Ballymore they usually accommodate.

where is the planning website? The only site i know is royalcanalpark.com, which shows basic layouts but nothing resembling plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

The planning documents from the council site seemed outdated. The houses had Chimneys and some other differences.

Perhaps there were newer sets on there as well.

The brochures mention aluclad Windows as well, so there are various innacuracies to be mindful of.

The planning documents from the council site seemed outdated. The houses had Chimneys and some other differences.

Perhaps there were newer sets on there as well.

The brochures mention aluclad Windows as well, so there are various innacuracies to be mindful of.

Are the windows not aluclad Windows? Munster joinery do Aluclad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Manion wrote: »
    Are the windows not aluclad Windows? Munster joinery do Aluclad.

The windows are PVC from what I can see.
    AluClad is aluminium clad timber.

• Advertisement

The windows are PVC from what I can see.
    AluClad is aluminium clad timber.

Windows and doors are definitely wood. I didn't take a good look at the exterior to see if they had AluClad. Must do that now. It might explain why I've seen scaffolding up around windows.

we got the layout plans, the plumbing/heating plans and the wiring plans.

The layout plans show what we saw in the show house, a solid wall between the kitchen and the living room, and a single door into the small back family room.

In the wiring /plumbing plans however there are french doors between the kitchen and livingroom and also into the small family room.

-Anyone know which set of plans is correct?
    -Also, regarding changes of tv points and radiators, has anyone made these requests and did they cost much extra?
    -how did you specify changes, did you just do it verbally over the phone, or did you have to send on updated plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Fret, Can you share the wiring and plumbing plans, 
    Always confirm all changes in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Hope all of you got the house you wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

Hi All I would appreciate if someone would DM me solicitor recommendation, many thanks!

Hope all of you got the house you wanted!

Anyone get a call from SherryFitz. Some new ones must be on the market. I already have one so didn't chat. But if someone finds out they should share it on here.

If anyone needs the recommendation for an excellent snagger let me know. Happy to pass along the info.

If anyone else has floor recommendations (both workmen and the actual product) please pass those onto me.

Are the houses lease hold or freehold? I always assumed freehold, but once asked, I'd like to know.

Are the houses lease hold or freehold? I always assumed freehold, but once asked, I'd like to know.

Freehold would be my understanding. I believe the car parking space is leasehold.

One more question. We got the plans, wiring plans and plumbing plans and they are all slightly different. I guess the houses have evolved over the phases.

Can anyone who bought a heron in phase 2 tell me on which wall is the radiator in the living room? Is it under the window, or on one of the other walls?

• Advertisement

One more question. We got the plans, wiring plans and plumbing plans and they are all slightly different. I guess the houses have evolved over the phases.

Can anyone who bought a heron in phase 2 tell me on which wall is the radiator in the living room? Is it under the window, or on one of the other walls?

On the wall closest to the hallway. The opposite wall has the TV setup, extra power sockets etc...

On the wall closest to the hallway. The opposite wall has the TV setup, extra power sockets etc...

Thanks. The plans we were given have it under the window, which would have been ideal.

We want the TV setup where the radiator is and the radiator on the wall between the kitchen and living room, assuming it's not too expensive e, and we actually have a wall between the kitchen and living garden room (plans show French doors there but show house had a wall)

Wish I knew what I was actually getting!

Thanks. The plans we were given have it under the window, which would have been ideal.

We want the TV setup where the radiator is and the radiator on the wall between the kitchen and living room, assuming it's not too expensive e, and we actually have a wall between the kitchen and living garden room (plans show French doors there but show house had a wall)

Wish I knew what I was actually getting!

Your getting the showhouse. The plans are old. Any changes from showhouse layout require agreement. I've heard some people being charged.

Any reason for wanting the radiatior on that wall to the kitchen. I'd have thought it better behind a couch on either the wall closest to the hallway or the opposite side.

But you can ask for there to be the following options between the kitchen and living room:

1. Just a wall matching the showhouse
    2. No wall
    3. Wall with double door opening
    4. Wall with double door opening and a double door (have to pay for that I think)
    5. Pocket doors (circa 1700 euro)

Your getting the showhouse. The plans are old. Any changes from showhouse layout require agreement.

Who needs to sign off on it though? I asked Tom In ballymore and he just gave me numbers for the plumber and the electrician and told me to work it out with them. It felt very unofficial as I assumed changes would need to go through ballymore, rather than me trying to sync changes with a plumber and an electrician

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

If anyone needs the recommendation for an excellent snagger let me know. Happy to pass along the info.

If anyone else has floor recommendations (both workmen and the actual product) please pass those onto me.

Hi, I would be interested in the snagger

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

Hi.
    Just payed a booking deposit on a house released yesterday.

Could anyone recommend a good solicitor?

Thanks

Hi.
    Just payed a booking deposit on a house released yesterday.

Could anyone recommend a good solicitor?

Thanks

Congrats! How was the process? Was it more organized than last time or were people queuing all night how did sherry Fitz deal. With the queue?

My solicitor is good so far but buying process is nowhere near over so can't recommend him just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

Hi, I would be interested in the snagger

Likewise, I'd also be interested in a snagger recommendation

Congrats! How was the process? Was it more organized than last time or were people queuing all night how did sherry Fitz deal. With the queue?

My solicitor is good so far but buying process is nowhere near over so can't recommend him just yet.

Thanks. There was a queue from the day before but it was well organised by the people there and Sherry Fitzgerald ran it very well in the morning thankfully.

• Advertisement

Thanks. There was a queue from the day before but it was well organised by the people there and Sherry Fitzgerald ran it very well in the morning thankfully.

Advertisement