Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 330e

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭carsfan2

There's a few of the new model for sale as used cars already like this. I assume the price is post grant as not new?

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/3-series/fpa/201909092028562

Unless a 5 series is physically too large a car for your needs, I would always recommend one over the three series even the newer model.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,313 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

No doubt they will be absolutely taking the piss with the used pricing too.... muddying the waters between spec, grants and actual discount as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Damn that thing is ugly, front end by committee. BMW used to make such well balanced designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭carsfan2

mickdw wrote: »
    No doubt they will be absolutely taking the piss with the used pricing too.... muddying the waters between spec, grants and actual discount as usual.

No doubt.
    I assume these are demos.

It will be interesting to see what changes the government make to plug in hybrid grant at the budget.
    The price advantage may disappear if rumours of the scrapping of grants are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭yannakis

I'm trying to understand which models/trims come with the "thin" and which ones with the "chunky" steering wheel. Any idea? :cool: :confused:

ReXTO2Km.png

ou3YsQnm.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

top one looks like a higher spec m sport and lower looks like a non leather SE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Top one is Msport wheel.
    Bottom is normal

Sound, thanks guys! I'm still trying to figure out the basics.

Test drove a 330e last Saturday.. and guys, I'm hooked!! Same-year Plug-in Prius can't be more expensive than this car, something is wrong with the market :pac:

Currently, the VRT calculator show this car's CO2 emissions at 49g/km and a VRT rate of 14%.

If the rumours about the new budget materialise, the VRT rate will potentially drop to 7% :D :cool:

Any idea what's the WLTP figures for the 330e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

yannakis wrote: »
    Test drove a 330e last Saturday.. and guys, I'm hooked!! Same-year Plug-in Prius can't be more expensive than this car, something is wrong with the market :pac:

Currently, the VRT calculator show this car's CO2 emissions at 49g/km and a VRT rate of 14%.

If the rumours about the new budget materialise, the VRT rate will potentially drop to 7% :D :cool:

Any idea what's the WLTP figures for the 330e?

Agree. It is crazy the depreciation on this car. I assume a lot has to do with it doing so well in the UK as a company car and a lack of understanding about plugin hybrids.
    Worse - the idea that this is comparable in price in the 2nd hand market to a 316 or 318 is more crazy.

Its impossible to say what the fuel consumption of a plugin hybrid will be as it's all down to how much you charge in. Running on petrol only, no battery charge, you'll get around 30mpg. I charge mine daily, do average kms per year and get around 65mpg, but again, that is meaningless as it depends if that is lots of small trips with charging in between or really big trips mostly on petrol.
    I've had mine since July 2016 and would highly recommend. Sure I would love it to be fully electric but hay-ho.

• Advertisement

Besides the VRT "good news" I'm realising the Home Charge Point grant might go away.. that could bring us back to the same point when looking at overall cost. But hey!

On the mpg front, I understand it completely depends on usage (and for a ~250bhp car also on how heavy the right foot is :pac:).

I'm aiming to be commuting to work and back on electric only (that's 30-35km per day), and in general from my calculations 75-80% of my drives are below 50km.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Besides the VRT "good news" I'm realising the Home Charge Point grant might go away..

Where did you hear that?

There is talk of the SEAI grant and VRT exemption for the car being re-designed for 2020 (which is why 2020 grants are on hold) but I havent heard that the home charger grant was being done away with.

Note, SEAI are still taking applications for the home charge grant and you have 6 months to do the work once they accept your application.

If vrt is reduced to 7 percent and the 2500 rebate cancelled, it won't make a huge difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

If vrt is reduced to 7 percent and the 2500 rebate cancelled, it won't make a huge difference.

Won’t it half it, so 14% on a 50k car is 7k so if that is cut in half, that’s 3500 less vrt?

Ya but it's currently 14 percent less 2500 on a new car with the 2500 reducing with age on used cars being vrtd.
    So yes there would be 1000 euro saving there but on a cheaper or used one, it might work out very similar cause the 2500 discount will be done away with.

KCross wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?

There is talk of the SEAI grant and VRT exemption for the car being re-designed for 2020 (which is why 2020 grants are on hold) but I havent heard that the home charger grant was being done away with.

Note, SEAI are still taking applications for the home charge grant and you have 6 months to do the work once they accept your application.
    A dealer mentioned that about the Home Charge point.

One needs a BEV/PHEV car first in order to apply for the grant, I suppose?
    What's this 2.5k rebate, is it for new cars only? First time I'm hearing about it.

No. Its 2500 on new cars and reducing slightly with age on used imports.
    If you do a vrt calc on revenue site, you will see that the figure they come up with is 14 percent of the assessed market value less the rebate.

A dealer mentioned that about the Home Charge point.

One needs a BEV/PHEV car first in order to apply for the grant, I suppose?

Kinda ;)
    You need to provide the make/model on the form and they want a pic of the car and charge point once it’s all done. If you know what car you’re buying.....

What's this 2.5k rebate, is it for new cars only? First time I'm hearing about it.

PHEV’s get a €2500 VRT exemption. It’s not a rebate. The €2500 is already deducted in the VRT calculator just in case you were looking forward to a cheque in the post!!

Is the only way to tell if an F30 M Sport has adaptive cruise control, from these 2 buttons on the steering wheel?

nrbbsJkm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

lads for the reduced rate of VRT, is it below 50gkm or 49?

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    lads for the reduced rate of VRT, is it below 50gkm or 49?

Neither!

Its 0-80g inclusive for the 14% VRT rate (add 1% if diesel).

The proposed new system is looking at a 7% rate below 50g but thats just a proposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Is the only way to tell if an F30 M Sport has adaptive cruise control, from these 2 buttons on the steering wheel?

Or this sensor under the plate?

bmw-330e-2016%20%281%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

Hi, a couple of questions, i imported a 330e back in march from a main dealer in uk. It recieved its first service at feb 19 at 33000km, and its not due next service till dec 2020, ive done 7k since, would you recommend getting an oil and filter change in between. Ill have to change my rear tyres shortly, they are 19'' bridgestone runflats and looking to stay with runflats. Any recommendations for somthing similar? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

bod71 wrote: »
    Hi, a couple of questions, i imported a 330e back in march from a main dealer in uk. It recieved its first service at feb 19 at 33000km, and its not due next service till dec 2020, ive done 7k since, would you recommend getting an oil and filter change in between. Ill have to change my rear tyres shortly, they are 19'' bridgestone runflats and looking to stay with runflats. Any recommendations for somthing similar? Thanks.

Complexity with a hybrid I guess is that you don't know for how much of that mileage the engine was running!

I disagree with long life on principle and we change our cars at 20k km or a year (one winter) anyway.

Is it on a service pack? If so you could get the oil/filter changed with a dealer filter and leave the indicator unreset.

We find the Michelin RFTs better than the Continental or Bridgestone alternatives. Haven't tried Pirelli or Goodyear RFTs.

Good luck with the car. Would love one.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

Complexity with a hybrid I guess is that you don't know for how much of that mileage the engine was running!

I disagree with long life on principle and we change our cars at 20k km or a year (one winter) anyway.

Is it on a service pack? If so you could get the oil/filter changed with a dealer filter and leave the indicator unreset.

We find the Michelin RFTs better than the Continental or Bridgestone alternatives. Haven't tried Pirelli or Goodyear RFTs.

Good luck with the car. Would love one.

Thanks. No service pack, but im signed up to BMW FIRST. It gives you 20% of service costs and parts. Loving the car so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

On a hybrid like the 330, I'd be inclined to change oil more frequently. Maybe I'm wrong, but if driving in e mode only and you need a little poke of power, the engine will kick in and rev out with cold oil, meaning fresh oil might be even more important. This is less common in a non hybrid I would imagine.

Counter argument to that though could be that millage on engine is less than odometer due to running in emode, so who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

bod71 wrote: »
    Thanks. No service pack, but im signed up to BMW FIRST. It gives you 20% of service costs and parts. Loving the car so far.

Cool, I was so impressed when I drove it. Would be perfect for my commute now ( reckon I could get there and back on the battery with the flexibility if needed) but can't justify the spend at the mo unfortunately.

Once it's out of warranty if you want to go indy there's loads of people on here who could give you a steer. I'm in the SE (!) but just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

My latest fill. Very impressed. I have a charger at home and we have chargers in work so the only petrol mileage is when we head across the country some weekends. I also find on pure EV mode, even though it has just 80bhp, the torque is huge so it feels a LOT more. Hard to beat from the lights, even without the engine.

attachment.php?attachmentid=492485&stc=1&d=1570435971

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Anyone else subconsciously babying the throttle in electric to squeeze as much mileage as possible out of it? :D

I need to unlearn this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Elessar wrote: »
    Anyone else subconsciously babying the throttle in electric to squeeze as much mileage as possible out of it? :D

I need to unlearn this!

Never use ECO mode :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement