Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 330e

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Query re bmw specs.
    Not 330 related but on the 5 series, 530e in particular, are rear camera and radar cruise included in any packages I could search for when looking at used car.
    I assumed camera was standard but seemingly not.
    The used car ads are poor for the specifics.
    What do bmw call radar cruise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭MarkN

Active cruise control. Surprised at the camera not being standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

mickdw wrote: »
    Query re bmw specs.
    Not 330 related but on the 5 series, 530e in particular, are rear camera and radar cruise included in any packages I could search for when looking at used car.
    I assumed camera was standard but seemingly not.
    The used car ads are poor for the specifics.
    What do bmw call radar cruise?

My one was fairly high spec, had almost everything but didn't have the radar controlled cruise...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,189 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ACC is an optional extra. Reversing camera is part of the Comfort Pack afaik or can be speced on the options list separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

So, car for car, and allowing for the size difference between the 530e and the 330e, for any one year (mileage mostly equivalent) how much is a 530e worth compared to a 330e?

Simple question? Probably not!

But no-one said it would be easy! ;-)

• Advertisement

The 530e is not just a class above the 330e, it's also a generation ahead in regards to models. The 530e only came out in 2017 and is based on the new model of that year whereas the 330e came out in 2016 but was based on the 3 Series model that was launched back in 2012. The newer generation 330e has only been launched in the last few weeks and still wouldn't match the 530e in terms of comfort, refinement and finish but the gap would be much closer than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

bazz26 wrote: »
    The 530e is not just a class above the 330e, it's also a generation ahead in regards to models. The 530e only came out in 2017 and is based on the new model of that year whereas the 330e came out in 2016 but was based on the 3 Series model that was launched back in 2012. The newer generation 330e has only been launched in the last few weeks and still wouldn't match the 530e in terms of comfort, refinement and finish but the gap would be much closer than it was.

Thank you...

But to answer my question..."So, car for car, and allowing for the size difference between the 530e and the 330e, for any one year (mileage mostly equivalent) how much is a 530e worth compared to a 330e?"

2017 530e msport = 2017 330e msport plus 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe1013

Anyone tried any trade in deals against the new 330e yet? Interested to see whether they are keen to shift them or just plodding along.. Have a 171 330e.. might be tempted if the figures are reasonable. I got 5k off on a cash deal back then, which I was astonished by (dealer plus bmw promo).. Bugger all second hand for sale from the dealers at the minute.

BMW dealer and reasonable rarely go together when it comes to trade-in values. Expect to be lowballed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I popped into my local BMW dealer yesterday for a look and noticed they had very little stock. I asked why and they said they’re not wanting to get caught with a stock of cars that devalue over night if the budget brings big tax changes like happened in 2008. They reckon there will be an aggressive sales campaign for January as sales are very bad. Worse than has been reported apparently as there is a lot of dealers registering cars themselves.
    You can order a new car but they can’t guarantee it’s price as they just don’t know what’s going to happen in the budget.

Considering you have a discontinued model that they will treat as 3 years old right now, Id prepare to be insulted.
    Bmw dealers are being greedy to the point of driving custom away.
    Considering the pricing of the new 3, I'd imagine it will be hard to do a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Moe1013 wrote: »
    Anyone tried any trade in deals against the new 330e yet? Interested to see whether they are keen to shift them or just plodding along.. Have a 171 330e.. might be tempted if the figures are reasonable. I got 5k off on a cash deal back then, which I was astonished by (dealer plus bmw promo).. Bugger all second hand for sale from the dealers at the minute.
    I have started seeing more of the new 3 series on the road but many of them are hire cars. I reckon BMW Ireland did some deal to shift them possibly because retail customers are not going for them.
    Too expensive new.
    I’ve had a few new BMW’s over the years but unless things change with their pricing and their rate of depreciation I would never buy new again. They just lose too much money. Nearly new is fine if priced right but I would prepare to be insulted with what they offer on your 2017 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

carsfan2 wrote: »
    I have started seeing more of the new 3 series on the road but many of them are hire cars. I reckon BMW Ireland did some deal to shift them possibly because retail customers are not going for them.
    Too expensive new.

I've only seen a couple so far. They also look ungainly with awkward detailing, no EV option, add to that desirable options from Audi, Merc, Lexus and Tesla and I'd say the Three series glory days are over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I've only seen a couple so far. They also look ungainly with awkward detailing, no EV option, add to that desirable options from Audi, Merc, Lexus and Tesla and I'd say the Three series glory days are over.

How desirable is a 3+ year old model compared to a new one ?
    Audi A4 - 2016 - no PHEV
    Mercedes C Class - 2014
    Lexus IS - 2013
    Tesla Model 3 - doesn't suit everyone, fairly niche anyway. Pretty much none in Ireland yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Every generation of 3 series sold well on launch, if this one isn't its down to one or more of a few things, because it has had great reviews and is by all accounts, a great car.

1 - just too expensive now and too close to the 5 series in price
    2 - this class of car is suffering same fate as rest of saloon class, under pressure from suv syle machines
    3-nearly new from UK are significantly cheaper

It's mad money now.
    When you think of the pricing of a 5 series back in 08 when the co2 system came in, it's hard to justify the asking price on the 3 now.

It's mad money now.
    When you think of the pricing of a 5 series back in 08 when the co2 system came in, it's hard to justify the asking price on the 3 now.

It's 52k for a 320d msport automatic, which is the one most people will want really. Thats before any of the nice options are selected.
    A 520d msport auto is 56k so very small gap really. Can't see many 3s selling. I wouldn't anyway, which is a pity as its a nice car but it's not as nice as a 5. They're worth very little at 3 to 5 years when people go to trade them too.

WLTP is pushing prices of cars up too. You will pay about 32k for a diesel Golf Highline these days.

WLTP is pushing prices of cars up too. You will pay about 32k for a diesel Golf Highline these days.

Fair enough, good point. Probably same gap there always was but pushing 3 series into unaffordable territory.

• Advertisement

Anyone care to guess when budget changes might come into effect.
    looking around for nicely speced 530e in uk but hard to get at the right price too.
    Im surprised that stuff like rear camera, self park and radar cruise are rare enough options. Piss poor really when you think a highline passat 4 years ago came with radar cruise and self parking.

Announcement in the budget in 2 weeks time, to come into effect in January I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Was in a BMW showroom recently, 330e on the showroom floor next to a 520d msport. Only €1k in the difference.

Was in a BMW showroom recently, 330e on the showroom floor next to a 520d msport. Only €1k in the difference.

I bet the 330e didn't include any grants. 520d M Sport is €56,234.99 and the 330e M Sport is €52,365, however you can knock €7,500 off the 330e with the present grants available, so over 10k in the difference.

You can take the same grants off a 530e too so it's a mute point.

Anyone care to guess when budget changes might come into effect.
    looking around for nicely speced 530e in uk but hard to get at the right price too.
    Im surprised that stuff like rear camera, self park and radar cruise are rare enough options. Piss poor really when you think a highline passat 4 years ago came with radar cruise and self parking.

Look at the equivalent A6 and you will see similar. Premium brands get away with that sort of thing. 5 Series is getting a facelift in May so I'd expect higher standard specification along with higher pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

330e base model is about 52k
    530e base model is about 65k

520d base model is about 53k

Both e models without grants

It's not, he was comparing it with a 520d, no grants available for diesels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Announcement in the budget in 2 weeks time, to come into effect in January I'd imagine

Will come into effect next July 2020 - January is too little notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Was just on bmw.co.uk

330e base model there is £30,800 and for the 530e it’s £38,300

https://www.bmw.co.uk/content/dam/bmw/marketGB/bmw_co_uk/pdfs/price-lists/BMW_3Series_SaloonTouring_PriceList.pdf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement