Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jcd5971 wrote: »
    then goes out and buys destiny 2................. I'm detecting a flaw in your logic here generic

:pac:

He could be referring to the Grind of Warframe as mentioned a few posts previous. By all accounts it's VERY grindy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I used to think Destiny was grindy and then Warframe happened.

Even building equipment can take 24 hours in real time. There's so many different types of resources the mind boggles. You think you had it tough grinding for sword mats? You know nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

then goes out and buys destiny 2................. I'm detecting a flaw in your logic here generic

If Destiny 2 follows at least some of the design philosophies applied in the later stages of Destiny 1, I can swallow that pill.
    Also, Destiny 2 is not yet out, so we don't know how grindy it is, Warframe is out, and has been for a considerable time, and it's fans of the game that are saying it's grindy, not negative critics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Love a good grind

coffee-image3.jpg

dudeeile wrote: »
    Love a good grind

giphy.gif

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

If Destiny 2 follows at least some of the design philosophies applied in the later stages of Destiny 1, I can swallow that pill. Also, Destiny 2 is not yet out, so we don't know how grindy it is, Warframe is out, and has been for a considerable time, and it's fans of the game that are saying it's grindy, not negative critics.

Well it's also free to be fair.

I haven't played enough of it to criticize or defend it really.

Just thought it was funny critizing another fgame for being grindy on a destiny forum, one of the grindiest games ever?

Well it's also free to be fair

Actually, yeah, tbh it is free which is actually a massive thing
    Just thought it was funny critizing another fgame for being grindy on a destiny forum, one of the grindiest games ever?

There's 2 major factors though at play here.

Had I known Destiny was gonna be that grindy at the start, would I have bought & played it? Maybe not in actuality

Secondly, I was kind of viewing the Destiny "grind" under the current in game economy/leveling microscope. Like I've been playing with a few mates and they flew up from lvl 300 to 390. And thats generally the case now.

Sure look at Conovars Alt Account, it's at LL400 now and it's been playing for ~64 hours
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Stats/2/4611686018465580537/2305843009442179341?mode=all

I'm not denying the dark days of old when it was grindier, I was there, deep in the thick of it, to the point of it being an ongoing joke 2+ years later, I was just looking at now.

I just simply have no interest in getting up on that horse again.
    Sure I have OW on PC, and I can't even muster the measly hours to hit rank 25 for Competitive cause I just cannot be ar$ed grinding.

Plus, personally, I was in a very different place in my life when I was farming effing Spirit Bloom in December 2014. People change.

Also, my internet sucks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 45,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Grinding for a particular weapon is still absolutely fecking horrible!

True. But what would one need to grind for now (Raid Exotics aside, which tbh, I can get on board with being a hard slog, best of the best and all that)?

I can't delete Good Rolls fast enough, but I haven't been abreast of what technically differentiates Good and Godly anymore :/

The Gunsmith helps too, but you do need to level him up which is grindy in of itself

True. But what would one need to grind for now (Raid Exotics aside, which tbh, I can get on board with being a hard slog, best of the best and all that)?

I can't delete Good Rolls fast enough, but I haven't been abreast of what technically differentiates Good and Godly anymore :/

The Gunsmith helps too, but you do need to level him up which is grindy in of itself

Getting a good hand cannon - either Palidrome or Eyasluna, haven't got one. Half decent palindrome bought the other day, but that is it.

AND I WANT A JADE RABBIT.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was focusing really on just levelling up, not on gear rolls I guess.

Either way, I hope people enjoy Warframe. I just have no interest in it

Lawbreakers though grabbed my interest. Gonna have to do something with that "Not buying Shadow of War" money now

There's 2 major factors though at play here.

Had I known Destiny was gonna be that grindy at the start, would I have bought & played it? Maybe not in actuality

Secondly, I was kind of viewing the Destiny "grind" under the current in game economy/leveling microscope. Like I've been playing with a few mates and they flew up from lvl 300 to 390. And thats generally the case now.

Sure look at Conovars Alt Account, it's at LL400 now and it's been playing for ~64 hours

I'm not denying the dark days of old when it was grindier, I was there, deep in the thick of it, to the point of it being an ongoing joke 2+ years later, I was just looking at now.

I just simply have no interest in getting up on that horse again. Sure I have OW on PC, and I can't even muster the measly hours to hit rank 25 for Competitive cause I just cannot be ar$ed grinding.

Plus, personally, I was in a very different place in my life when I was farming effing Spirit Bloom in December 2014. People change.

Also, my internet sucks ¯\_(ã႒„)_/¯

I was just trying to make a funny joke..

Yeah, I was focusing really on just levelling up, not on gear rolls I guess.

Either way, I hope people enjoy Warframe. I just have no interest in it

Lawbreakers though grabbed my interest. Gonna have to do something with that "Not buying Shadow of War" money now
    Lawbreakers is free to play isn't it?

I was just trying to make a funny joke..

Ah well sorry man, Shadow or War horse$hit got me all wound up :pac:

No, €30 i think

Datto had a video on it I stumbled across and watched it cause I'd heard a few people mention it was "alright/good"

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No, think it's 60 quid or so. Was meant to be free to play in the early stages but they scrapped it. Meant to try the betas but never got around to it.

I'm still getting shadow of war looks a great game a few micro transactions aren't that big a deal anyway. I used very few of those runes in shadow of Mordor expect shadow of war will be much the same.

Mickeroo wrote:
    No, think it's 60 quid or so. Was meant to be free to play in the early stages but they scrapped it. Meant to try the betas but never got around to it.

Got the beta it's cod meets overwatch very enjoyable at first, however poor hit registration and wonky aim assist get progressively more annoying as you get better and notice it more.

Alot of the issues that put me off destiny 2 beta funnily enough.

I'd wait for the inevitable flash sale on it

Tricky Towers it is so!

Mickeroo wrote: »

I think it goes F2P in 6 months or so? There's defo a game out/coming out soon that goes F2P after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I think it goes F2P in 6 months or so? There's defo a game out/coming out soon that goes F2P after a while.

You thinking of Fortnite?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's Fortnight you're thinking of I think.

You thinking of Fortnite?
    That's Fortnight you're thinking of I think.

Yup thats the one

How long before it goes f2p? 2 weeks?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHYYYYYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'm available to do any strike requirements for guns in D2. If you do crucible parts for me.

Thought it wasn't until next year or something mad like that.

Thought it wasn't until next year or something mad like that.

Yeah it's 6 months before it F2P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Key to the grind in Warframe is having a mate or clan memeber thats high enough level that he can carry and get you the stuff you need quickly early game. Its a HUGE help.

Playing solo,like i did for the first 150hrs,is painfully slow grind.

I know rossi plays it still a bit amd if other people want to play it id have no problem jumping on and giving a dig out.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Key to the grind in Warframe is having a mate or clan memeber thats high enough level that he can carry and get you the stuff you need quickly early game. Its a HUGE help.

Playing solo,like i did for the first 150hrs,is painfully slow grind.

I know rossi plays it still a bit amd if other people want to play it id have no problem jumping on and giving a dig out.

also twitch prime sub gives a free warframe prime this month nice bonus there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

also twitch prime sub gives a free warframe prime this month nice bonus there

Yup,frost prime. One of my favourite crowd control frames. Can absolutely slow a whole room of enemies to a crawl which is awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Twitch? Sub? Prime? None of this makes sense to me.

Quite enjoying getting into it again. Haven't really played much non-solo as I get to grips with it. Had a mastery rank 3 and one warframe maxed (excaliber) from my earlier stint and have been carrying on from there.
    Did my first successful spy mission last night and first survival this morning (don't remember doing these before).
    Enemies are a bit bullet spongey which I think is down to me not properly modding or having the resources to do so. S'all good so far.
    Not convinced on the longevity piece but like I say I'm really only picking things up slowly as I go along.

Advertisement