Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Who to bench?
    Alli - Mahrez - KDB - Payet - Ozil
    Lukaku - Kane - Kun

The hardest dilemma since I've gone to a strong front 8. Lukaku atm but I'm reluctant to bench him. I'm scared of benching alli with his fixture. Would it be mad to bench mahrez? Also the first time I'm genuinely considering AOA
    Ozil
    He was non existent again against Liverpool and looks wrecked
    I may even go a step further and sell him for payet .......ill be getting Sanchez anyway so fk it why not !

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Schmeichel Butland
    Bellerin Dier Dawson Moreno Souaré
    KDB Ozil Walcott Mahrez Alli
    Kane Lukaku Ighalo

2 FT, 3,9 itb

One of my frees will be Walcott to Payet. I will then have just enough to do Lukaku to Aguero. Sell Lukaku or sell Kane instead? They both have nice fixtures ahead with Kane having a much better fixture this week.

Ighalo in for Kane.

Hoping to break 40 pts this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

AOA in play

My bench is good enough I could have bench boosted, but I kinda want to keep bench boost for a DGW

Ighalo in for Kane.

Hoping to break 40 pts this week!

selling Kane before a home game against sunderland????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This Ozil benching fad is spreading like wildfire and strongly considering it now. Between him and Arnie from...
    Mahrez, Ozil, Alli, Payet, Arnie
    Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

Aoa used already. Had previously planned selling Arnie this week. Then decided to bank transfer and bench him. Currently he's starting with Ozil first sub. :eek:

Any thoughts. Are Ozil benchers a vocal minority?

PS. Johnny Giles saying he was crap seemed a bit of an omen too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    This Ozil benching fad is spreading like wildfire and strongly considering it now. Between him and Arnie from...
    Mahrez, Ozil, Alli, Payet, Arnie
    Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

Aoa used already. Had previously planned selling Arnie this week. Then decided to bank transfer and bench him. Currently he's starting with Ozil first sub. :eek:

Any thoughts. Are Ozil benchers a vocal minority?

PS. Johnny Giles saying he was crap seemed a bit of an omen too :D

It's all about selling Ozil innit. I'm certainly a vocal minority!

I owned him 2 weeks and 2 blanks. This doesn't end well for me does it now that Silva's in for him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I've the exact same front 8. I have AQA active at the moment. Hard to bench any of them.
    I think this is the hardest one I've seen so far in this thread :eek: If you haven't used AOA, I can't think of a better time to use it. Although Özil could be man marked by two big bastards in the Stoke game so you could risk benching him. I'm saying this as an Arsenal fan :o

Going to have Bertrand and McAuley in my team tomorrow, 7/1 odds that the match will be 0-0 between So'ton and West Brom. West Brom's crazy attacking display against Chelsea is worrying me however.
    Torricelli wrote: »
    I have the same predicament. I've decided I'm going to bench Ozil. He looked very tired the other night and he won't like playing Stoke, especially at The Britannia.
    km79 wrote: »
    Ozil
    He was non existent again against Liverpool and looks wrecked
    I may even go a step further and sell him for payet .......ill be getting Sanchez anyway so fk it why not !

Thanks for the advice. It certainly is a tough dilemma. As much as benching ozil appeals, his ownership scares me, and I still think he could score points. So I'm decided to go with AOA. I'd be surprised if I get a better set of fixtures for it, and with Sanchez on the way back, I'm not sure if my strong front 8 will be sustainable for much longer. That chips a bit of a lottery anyway so if it gets me anything over 5 points I'd be delighted.

I owned him 2 weeks and 2 blanks. This doesn't end well for me does it now that Silva's in for him :pac:
    I never really wanted him anyway.......and most weeks I've had him I didn't want him to score as everyone around me had him (and I mean everyone ) but some had him captained !
    That's not enjoyable .........so he is gone now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Where would you place him vs Arnie in this fixture though? I'd expect goals for both teams. Ozil has had poor goal threat stats (3sib, 2on t, 1 goal) this last four games. Arnie pretty much double all those stats (5/4/2).

Ozil likely to assist. Arnie arguably more likely to score. With Joselu playing well Arnie has assists in him too.

Plus. Stoke have the immovable object that is Glen Whelan who will kick Ozil around the Brittania.

Plus. Gilesy says Ozil's a pussy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not sure whether to do Giroud to Kane or Vardy to Kane. I also have Ighaloo but don't have the funds to replace him for Kane. Or I could stick as is. Giroud was a great different Wednesday night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

So glad I have a cheap 5th mid again don't have to worry about benching Ozil. Although I definitely wouldn't bench him. I'd have to bench the allis or arnies of the world before considering him.

Think of it like, how pissed would you be if Ozil got a big score and you had him on the bench, given his ownership. Much worse than missing an Arnie or Alli haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Where would you place him vs Arnie in this fixture though? I'd expect goals for both teams. Ozil has had poor goal threat stats (3sib, 2on t, 1 goal) this last few games. Arnie pretty much double all those stats (5/4/2).

Ozil likely to assist. Arnie arguably more likely to score. With Joselu playing well Arnie has assists in him too.

Plus. Stoke have the immovable object that is Glen Whelan who will kick Ozil around the Brittania.

Plus. Gilesy says Ozil's a pussy.

As a general rule I'd do the opposite of what Giles says at this point :pac:

I'm going to move Arnie on soon too but it's the shield and sword thing again

Arnie as a sword. Performs better against the big teams. It's who I'd go for.

Ozil is the waste of a starting player if you want to rise through the rankings. In theory he ticks over at best but theory ain't been working.

Benching 10.0 is never good but Arnie starts ahead if you want to roll the dice.

Remember my profound quote midweek and trust in the sword my friend :)

I am at 1.2m and considering captaining PVA next week though so keep that in mind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Also thinking of benching Ozil.

Front 8 of:

KDB - Payet - Alli - Mahrez - Ozil
    Ighalo - Lukaku - Aguero

Ighalo has to be played vs Swansea I feel, Swansea seem in a bit of trouble. I want to play Alli to cover Kane, and he has a good fixture. Mahrez, KDB & Aguero all have good fixtures. That leaves Ozil and Lukaku. Bit of a toss up at the minute.

Also trying to decide which out of Butland and Relliot to play.

Any advice on whether to do Ighalo to Kane or Vardy to Kane? Ighaloo didn't have a kick against Southamton where as Vardy had a few half chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

siblers wrote: »
    Any advice on whether to do Ighalo to Kane or Vardy to Kane? Ighaloo didn't have a kick against Southamton where as Vardy had a few half chances, Swansea seem to be leakier in defence too comared to Villa.

I would sell Vardy in that situation.

I would sell Vardy in that situation.

It has been done, but the armband on him and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Considering banking the transfer.

Or selling McCarthy for Fabianski(short term punt) and using bench boost.

Lining up as (subs in brackets);

Hennessy (McCarthy)

Simpson-Dier-Bellerin (Bennett-Wollsheid)

KDB-Mahrez-Payet-Ozil-(Alli)

Aguero(C)-Kane(VC)-Lukaku

It hurts to leave Alli on the bench at home to Sunderland so that's why I'm considering bench boost, I like my defender's fixtures so ruling out using AOA.
    And fancy Lukaku against a leaky Chelsea.

Anyone an opinion on what best to do?
    Fabianski would be sold on quickly for Hart-Forster-Courtois if I buy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

shineon23 wrote: »

Hennessy (McCarthy)

It hurts to leave Alli on the bench at home to Sunderland so that's why I'm considering bench boost, I like my defender's fixtures so ruling out using AOA.

Not feeling it at all. Bench boost to play Henney Wolly Bennett and Alli?
    Think there's better options than Fabianski too. Go straight to the guy your gonna keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Now I've decided to play AOA, it's time to pick 2 defenders
    So, which 2 from:
    Soaure(mci) - Bellerin(stk) - Evans(sou) - Smith(NOR) - Wolly(ARS)
    Can anyone see past Bellerin+ Smith, which is what I'm on atm?

• Advertisement

So, which 2 from:

Agree. Evans ahead of Wolly on bench.

Should I start Butland or Cech? Can't see either keeping a cleansheet, Cech might be the busier of the two though.

Hennessy (McCarthy)

Wouldn't bring in Fabianski, maybe Gomes if he is a similar price or Forster could be worth a punt.

km79 wrote: »
    selling Kane before a home game against sunderland????

I am so sick of him.

ElTel wrote: »
    Not feeling it at all. Bench boost to play Henney Wolly Bennett and Alli?
    Think there's better options than Fabianski too. Go straight to the guy your gonna keep.

Yeah I think you're right when you put it like. Bench boost would could be more useful in a DGW also.

I don't have the funds to get the GK I want in one transfer this week so thats why I was thinking of a stop gap affordable option in Fabianski, against a Watford team that we're very poor both ends mid week so ruling Gomes out on that basic.

Can't bring myself to drop Ozil for Alli though. 3 Spurs players out of 11 would be overkill I think.
    siblers wrote: »
    Should I start Butland or Cech? Can't see either keeping a cleansheet, Cech might be the busier of the two though.

Wouldn't bring in Fabianski, maybe Gomes if he is a similar price or Forster could be worth a punt.

I am .1 short for Forster and Gomes in any case but Southampton have a few tough games coming up and Watford looked poor mid week.

I'd agree in thinking both teams will score
    but I'd start Butland, as I can see Arsenal having more shots than Stoke?

Yeah I think you're right when you put it like. Bench boost would could be more useful in a DGW also.

I don't have the funds to get the GK I want in one transfer this week so thats why I was thinking of a stop gap affordable option in Fabianski, against a Watford team that we're very poor both ends mid week so ruling Gomes out on that basic.

Can't bring myself to drop Ozil for Alli though. 3 Spurs players out of 11 would be overkill I think.

You dismissed the AOA but imo it's a case of Bellerin over Alli or Ozil for you to perhaps reconsider it but relieved your not gonna use bench boost.

ElTel wrote: »
    You dismissed the AOA but imo it's a case of Bellerin over Alli or Ozil for you to perhaps reconsider it but relieved your not gonna use bench boost.

I was looking at all out attack earlier in the week but I can see Arsenal-Spurs and Leicester potentially keeping clean sheets. (or all of them conceding).

Ideally I'd like to stick Super Ryan Bennett in goal this weekend if I could and take my chances. :P

Owning Alli is a nightmare as my constant non-playing attacker.

So, which 2 from:

Seen today that Southampton under Koeman have never scored against West Brom. (3 games).

I'd be flipping a coin between Smith and Evans but leaning towards Smith. to play along with Bellerin.

Firmino in for Ozil and rolling the other FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

After such an outstanding week last GW how could I even contemplate making a transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'm still grimly hanging on to my triple captain card. Is it just my imagination or has their been fcuk all double game weeks for teams this season? Are there any coming up?

Advertisement