Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was gonna get rid of KDB but so much of their play tonight came through him, I'm afraid he'll explode as soon as I get rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

siblers wrote: »
    Was gonna get rid of KDB but so much of their play tonight came through him, I'm afraid he'll explode as soon as I get rid.

I do like seeing him being transferred out. He's explosive and Palace at home could very well burn a lot of people.

PARlance wrote: »
    I do like seeing him being transferred out. He's explosive and Palace at home could very well burn a lot of people.

Palace have been dog **** recently so I'll prob hold on. Need to get rid of Vardy and Smalling though so they'll be priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Palace have been dog **** recently so I'll prob hold on. Need to get rid of Vardy and Smalling though so they'll be priority.

Hold on to Vardy. They've got Villa up next.

Will probably do Arnie > Payet and bank my other transfer. Might get in Aguero for Kane next week, see how he does against Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What are Kolarov owners doing with him? Tempted to take a few falls on him but he'll probably have to go in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

KDB --> Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

PARlance wrote: »
    What are Kolarov owners doing with him? Tempted to take a few falls on him but he'll probably have to go in a few weeks.

Waiting, he should be nailed to start on Saturday, and hoping Clichy falls down a big hole ahead of a possible DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Taughts on were to strengthen. Have two FT this game week

Thinking Arnautovic to Payet and Bojan to Kane. My risk of Stoke duo didnt pay off v Norwich and they have Arsenal next GW. Payet could be a good differential.
    Everton have tasty fixtures coming up too so Barkley/Lukaku on radar also.

Want to keep KDB, with Augero coming back from injury, he could profit bigtime.

Schmeichel (Myhill)
    Alderweireld JOhnston Koscielny (Francis,Dann)
    Arnautovic, KDB, Alli, Ozil Mahrez
    Ighalo Agüero (Bojan)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Tempted to get Sanchez in for Stoke. I have a feeling he's going to become a butcher and make mincemeat of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Banking the transfers this week, keep KDB vs Palace and hoping to transfer KDB & Ozil out for Sanchez & Toure/Silva..

Am I mad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

KDB out, Payet in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Anyone have an opinion on Kolarov, I've already lost 0.1 on him and am worried now that he will be benched for Clichy so will drop further?

Would I be stupid to sub him out for Sagna? My defence is Alder, Cresswell, Bellerin, Simpson, Kolarov.

I also have KDB and Aguero for City.

I've nothing in bank and my selling price for Kolarov is £5.9m.

Opinions greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Arnie and Barkly out for Payet and Alli for a - 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

A bit late now but just noticed this.

Every team that was playing at home in GW22 is home again in GW23 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

A bit late now but just noticed this.

Every team that was playing at home in GW22 is home again in GW23 ;)

yes that's why I have not given up hope on my disaster of a wildcard thus far and will bank the transfer and have a mini one again for 23!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,780 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kolorov out, creswell in.
    Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Will probably bank this week to allow me to do KDB & Oscar out for Payet & Sanchez next week.

KDB & Oscar both with decent home fixtures so I'll give them another crack at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Arnie > Payet & Bellerin > Daniels. Taking a hit to get Payet in. I fear if I don't do it this week, not only will I lose out on a points haul v Newcastle, but also his price could shoot up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

shineon23 wrote: »
    Any thoughts and what I should do here, still don't trust myself on transfers:confused:

Was planning on moving KDB-McCarthy out
    for
    Silva and Courtois/Another Gk 5.4 or under)

I could hold KDB and buy a GK for under 4.7. Considering this as noone apart from Silva really interests me in MF at the moment.

or anyone think anything else needs changing

Squad at minute is:

Hennessy-McCarthy

Bellerin-Dier-Simpson-Wollsheid-Bennett

Mahrez-Ozil-Payet-KDB-Alli

Aguero-Kane-Lukaku
    KDB to Silva sounds like a sideways move to me and the latter is not on great FPL form (and I'm probably one of the strongest Silva's admirer in here).

Now before yesterday's game I was strongly considering Courtois as my main GK but Azpi (or Ivan if you have the cash) may be a better option long-term (for Bellerin for example). His (their) attacking potential can cover the defensive failures.

For your keepers you could get Speroni and relax about GK selection. But that'd mean BB is not an option meanwhile.
    If you prefer rotation, Palace have perfect rotation with Stoke so Butland could be a great option. Now he's the same price than Courtois...

Not sure though that you can afford Bellerin + McCarthy -> Azpi + Butland. If you can that's what I'd do. Otherwise, Bournemouth, Leicester & West Brom have GK in your price range with good fixtures ahead (3 CS in a row for Leicester, maybe they'll become again great cheap options at the back).
    mectavba wrote: »
    Payet in, but who out - Mahrez or Arnie??

Alternatively could get rid of Yaya and not take a points hit to do transfer.
    Stoke fixtures get trickier than Leicester's ones. Arnie out is less risky considering ownership but I can understand his differential value.

Now, re Mahrez, I'm a bit surprised everyone's panic about him. Granted he's on 4 disappointing returns in a row (I'll stress again there was a peno miss last GW i.e. a 10 pts turnaround! ; these things happen, even to Aguero!). Yesterday though, with his 3 pts, he did better or equivalent to most midfielders (only Payet shined & differentials Willian & Arnie only beat him by 2 pts). His next 3 fixtures (Villa away, Stoke & 'Pool at home) aren't that bad either.

Yaya's on a great run of form and can actually be considered a differential. He's actually more a differential than Arnie (18.7% vs 22.2% ownership). If I were you I'd get Payet for one of them and give Mahrez a bit more time. After all, Leicester are still top of the table :p!

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Target anyone?
    His first game since September 20th yesterday. Saints played 5 at the back. Is that common? Not what they did in their previous couple of games anyway. Did they want to make Forster's return more comfortable? Targett probably benefitted from this situation. Or there was an injury I'm unaware of? Anyway, if you're happy with your team and don't plan for using your BB in the near future he could be a great enabler at £3.7m !!! Otherwise I'm not sure he's really an option...
    Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Taughts on were to strengthen. Have two FT this game week

Thinking Arnautovic to Payet and Bojan to Kane. My risk of Stoke duo didnt pay off v Norwich and they have Arsenal next GW. Payet could be a good differential.
    Everton have tasty fixtures coming up too so Barkley/Lukaku on radar also.

Want to keep KDB, with Augero coming back from injury, he could profit bigtime.

Schmeichel (Myhill)
    Alderweireld JOhnston Koscielny (Francis,Dann)
    Arnautovic, KDB, Alli, Ozil Mahrez
    Ighalo Agüero (Bojan)

So Kane would only be a 1-week punt home to Sunderland before getting Lukaku in for Everton's nice run?

And as I said above Arnie to Payet sounds good to me.
    hogey143 wrote: »
    Banking the transfers this week, keep KDB vs Palace and hoping to transfer KDB & Ozil out for Sanchez & Toure/Silva..

Am I mad?
    Nope. Though big guns have not rewarded us very much so far this season... But I see no reason for getting rid of KDB this week anyway. He's the most explosive City mid and should benefit from Aguero's return!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Currently hovering between a -16 and -20 shaped hit.

Might not be the right week for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

iroced wrote: »
    KDB to Silva sounds like a sideways move to me and the latter is not on great FPL form (and I'm probably one of the strongest Silva's admirer in here).

Now before yesterday's game I was strongly considering Courtois as my main GK but Azpi (or Ivan if you have the cash) may be a better option long-term (for Bellerin for example). His (their) attacking potential can cover the defensive failures.

For your keepers you could get Speroni and relax about GK selection. But that'd mean BB is not an option meanwhile.
    If you prefer rotation, Palace have perfect rotation with Stoke so Butland could be a great option. Now he's the same price than Courtois...

Not sure though that you can afford Bellerin + McCarthy -> Azpi + Butland. If you can that's what I'd do. Otherwise, Bournemouth, Leicester & West Brom have GK in your price range with good fixtures ahead (3 CS in a row for Leicester, maybe they'll become again great cheap options at the back).

Cheers iroced!

I have Leicester and Stoke covered in defence (Simpson and Wolsh),
    Boruc could be a good shout, I am even looking at Fabianski now with a few clean sheets there in December and next 5 games look okay.
    Only got Bellerin in so I'll likely hold him for a while, am losing patience with Dier and Spurs though.

Big handsome Giroud in for Aguero is in the back of my mind as well.

Courtois has been in my thoughts all season, I just have no confidence in them keeping clean sheets.
    but Forster will likely be my long termer with Hennessy when Southampton get through the next few fixtures
    iroced wrote: »
    His first game since September 20th yesterday. Saints played 5 at the back. Is that common? Not what they did in their previous couple of games anyway. Did they want to make Forster's return more comfortable? Targett probably benefitted from this situation. Or there was an injury I'm unaware of? Anyway, if you're happy with your team and don't plan for using your BB in the near future he could be a great enabler at £3.7m !!! Otherwise I'm not sure he's really an option...

Regarding Targett. I don't think he is an option unless he's still people's 5th defender. I wouldn't rush to buy him in.

Last night He was very much playing left MF rather than being part of a back 5.

Back 4 were Cedric-Fonte-VVD-Bertrand

Southampton have played 5 at the back a couple of times, with Yoshida playing as another CB. Rather than playing two LB's in Bertrand and Targett.

Pelle is only on his way back from injury, and is nailed on.

That should stop Targett's gametime with either Long dropping back or Tadic going into MF. Both scoring last night is another bad sign for Targett.

There's No chance Bertrand will be dropped from LB for Targett.

Saying that Mane was poor last night, and Koeman may keep faith with Targett in left MF short term if he wants to ease Pelle back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Can we rename this the "everyone else transfer in Payet" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone have an opinion on Kolarov, I've already lost 0.1 on him and am worried now that he will be benched for Clichy so will drop further?

Would I be stupid to sub him out for Sagna? My defence is Alder, Cresswell, Bellerin, Simpson, Kolarov.

I also have KDB and Aguero for City.

I've nothing in bank and my selling price for Kolarov is £5.9m.

Opinions greatly appreciated.
    IMO he'll definitely play this weekend, having had a rest midweek so wouldn't be in a rush to sell him.

However, with Clichy back, and Champions League starting up again he's likely going to be rotated more and more, so unless you can afford to have him on the bench every second week, I'd sell him.

Tempted to get Sanchez in for Stoke. I have a feeling he's going to become a butcher and make mincemeat of them.

Will he be fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What is the craic with Ben Davies, has played four of the last five, can we take it he's a starter now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm going to correct my bad GW21 decision to bring in Willian instead of Payet when I was selling Coutinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Arnie > Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

Green&Red wrote: »
    What is the craic with Ben Davies, has played four of the last five, can we take it he's a starter now?

Nope, Poch loves rotating his full backs when he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Will he be fit?

He should be on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Was planning on going Shaqiri-> Alli
    Any thoughts?

Advertisement