Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Following on from my stupid one week punt on Willian over Payet, I ended up 0.1m short due to Payet's rise.

-4 hit:

De Gea -> Elliot
    Willian -> Payet

not taking another 4 pointer for a while. Have made 5 transfers in the past 2 weeks for -8 and I'm not sure if my team is better or worse for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

De Bruyne has been a crushing disappointment for me since I brought him in at the start of December. Bar one decent haul on St Stephen's Day he has done diddly squat. Scared to get rid of him though as City have some decent fixtures coming up. Will give him until maybe the Sunderland game before reassessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Happy enough with my team will roll it over

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Did Theo -> Payet yesterday. Hopefully it goes a bit better than Giroud -> Aguero last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Carrying my transfer forward as well. Lack of any Leicester coverage worries me slightly, but I am hoping that Villa have turned the corner enough to keep Leicester quiet -ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Defoe is tempting me. Brutal fixtures coming up though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

KDB out for Rambo.

Extra 2.1M in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

KDB out for Rambo.

Extra 2.1M in the bank

Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Green&Red wrote: »
    Strange!

Last 7 GWs
    KDB
    28/7 = 4 points average

Rambo
    44/7 = 6.3 points average

If I go back one more GW, KDB scored 16 and Rambo got 2

I'm sick of waiting for KDB to be consistent - I've lost patience with him and not willing to have around 10% of team value wrapped up in him.

I have Yaya for Man City midfield coverage and other midfielders are Mahrez, Payet, Ozil and now Rambo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

KDB is extremely consistent, every 4th GW he scores 16pts, which means this week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DDG
    > Lloris.

Happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Nothing exciting tis week, thinking of getting in Fuchs for Nyom.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭COH

Anyone shipping Butland this week? Next block of fixtures don't look great for Stoke and my backup keeper is Hennessy who plays Man City this week

Have 2 free transfers and pretty happy with rest of the squad although might Also do Dann > Sagna or someone else with the other FT (dont really want 3 city players though)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Payet in for Arnie and keep two transfers for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any suggestion for a short term replacement for Smalling? I'm thinking Otamendi.
    Anyone shipping Butland this week? Next block of fixtures don't look great for Stoke and my backup keeper is Hennessy who plays Man City this week

Have 2 free transfers and pretty happy with rest of the squad although might Also do Dann > Sagna or someone else with the other FT (d or Scont really want 3 city players though)
    I have Cech and Butland, might bring in Lloris or maybe Hart to replace one of them, thing with Butland is that even with tricky fixtures, he always gets save bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

COH wrote: »

Have 2 free transfers and pretty happy with rest of the squad although might Also do Dann > Sagna or someone else with the other FT (dont really want 3 city players though)

I think the Butland ship is running aground. I'll keep him for now but may well transfer to Courtois if Chelsea look like becoming the old Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I already did my transfer, so you can't talk me out of it.

Ozil out, Payet in.

I have nothing to lose anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

wonski wrote: »

Ozil out, Payet in.

Have been pondering something similar tbh....Ozil looked absolutely knackered the other night but will probably hold on to him i'd say, have Alli waiting on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Have been pondering something similar tbh....Ozil looked absolutely knackered the other night

Payet definitely less tired.

I feel he might outscore Ozil, and if not, there should be similar return from both anyway.

If I had enough money I would probably get Giroud in for Ighalo, just in case, but need 1m extra to do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

COH wrote: »

Have the same two and 2FTs as well. It's unlikely Butland will rise to 5.3 tonight so I could get 4.9 for him. I was looking at Schmeichel. CP and Leic rotation looks good imo.
    I'm also considering Ozil to Firmino. This would give me a Fr8 of Mahrez KDB Payet Alli Firmino Vardy Lukaku and Aguero with the possibility of KDB/Mahrez to Sanchez in a single transfer.
    However I will only do one of them and roll over one FT.
    Won't Sagna be at risk of rotation? (I've Ward too.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

siblers wrote: »
    Any suggestion for a short term replacement for Smalling? I'm thinking Otamendi.

I have Cech and Butland, might bring in Lloris or maybe Hart to replace one of them, thing with Butland is that even with tricky fixtures, he always gets save bonuses.
    Will myhill definitely be out with foster back, grasping at straws but have butland /myhill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

sword1 wrote: »
    Will myhill definitely be out with foster back, grasping at straws but have butland /myhill

I think Myhill starts tomorrow and Foster midweek in FA Cup, after that who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

wonski wrote: »

Ozil out, Payet in.

wish i hadn't seen this
    ozil to payet leaves me exactly enough for yaya to Sanchez next week.........would mean benching lukaku again this weekend though ??...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Last 7 GWs
    KDB
    28/7 = 4 points average

Rambo
    44/7 = 6.3 points average

If I go back one more GW, KDB scored 16 and Rambo got 2

I'm sick of waiting for KDB to be consistent - I've lost patience with him and not willing to have around 10% of team value wrapped up in him.

I have Yaya for Man City midfield coverage and other midfielders are Mahrez, Payet, Ozil and now Rambo

KDB is consistent. He explodes and then it's followed by 3-4 weeks of nothing, explodes again followed by 3-4 weeks of nothing.

If you included that 8th week, KDB has 44 (5.5ppg) and Rambo 46 (5.75ppg). Nothing in it at all but the trend would suggest we're due a KDBiggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Yeah we're sat on the precipice of a KdB big score. I hope. I still have .3 tucked away to sell him for Sanchez. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Mahrez-Kdb-Willian-Ozil-Payet
    Aguero-Kane-Ighalo

Who to bench from that front 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I've 2FTs. I'll likely bank one. I have identified 3 options for the other one.

1. Replace Myhill. He may lose his place very soon to the returning Foster. Elliot is my other keeper. Butland isn't an option due to tough fixtures and I already have Stoke cover in Wolly.
    2. Replace Anya with A.N. Other. He is due to drop soon too. This replacement will be bench fodder. And as cheap as possible. I don't want the selection headache of having to choose who to bench every week. Would Fletcher or Surman be a good call?
    3. 'Downgrade' Ozil to Ramsey. This is probably the most dangerous option as everyone has Ozil and ground could be lost if he continues to score well. It is also the option that could provide the biggest returns if Ramsey maintains his recent form.

So wise denizens of the FSA. What say you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've 2FTs. I'll likely bank one. I have identified 3 options for the other one.

1. Replace Myhill. He may lose his place very soon to the returning Foster. Elliot is my other keeper. Butland isn't an option due to tough fixtures and I already have Stoke cover in Wolly.
    2. Replace Anya with A.N. Other. He is due to drop soon too. This replacement will be bench fodder. And as cheap as possible. I don't want the selection headache of having to choose who to bench every week. Would Fletcher or Surman be a good call?
    3. 'Downgrade' Ozil to Ramsey. This is probably the most dangerous option as everyone has Ozil and ground could be lost if he continues to score well. It is also the option that could provide the biggest returns if Ramsey maintains his recent form.

So wise denizens of the FSA. What say you?

Think Hennessy and Elliot rotate quite well so you could do Myhill to Hennessy and save yourself .6m in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Think Hennessy and Elliot rotate quite well so you could do Myhill to Hennessy and save yourself .6m in the process.

Is his place under threat after his mistake against Villa? Speroni was back on the bench too that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭COH

ElTel wrote: »
    Have the same two and 2FTs as well. It's unlikely Butland will rise to 5.3 tonight so I could get 4.9 for him. I was looking at Schmeichel. CP and Leic rotation looks good imo.
    I'm also considering Ozil to Firmino. This would give me a Fr8 of Mahrez KDB Payet Alli Firmino Vardy Lukaku and Aguero with the possibility of KDB/Mahrez to Sanchez in a single transfer.
    However I will only do one of them and roll over one FT.
    Won't Sagna be at risk of rotation? (I've Ward too.)

I was on the Butland train late so can do him for Lloris without losing any value. Sagna may be a rotation risk but have 1.3m in the bank so even if I drop one of my cheaper defenders like Wolly can still get someone in in the 5.3-5.8m bracket with second FT

Advertisement