Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    A suspected drunk driver caused a crash up near McDonalds earlier today. They apparently then drove away from the scene and managed to crash further down the road, near the hospital! Gardaí arrested them.
    I think the car they crashed into had to have the occupants cut out of the car. Hopefully no one seriously injured.

Good grief. I was down there with my son this morning. We got a takeaway which was the only choice but we planned on nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 expatin africa

Hi is there any pass photos booths in tralee need a passport photo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hi is there any pass photos booths in tralee need a passport photo

There's one in the lobby of Manor shopping centre. The centre is open by all accounts.

You can renew your passport online though and take the photo yourself (going by their guidelines).

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

The main PO has one that the passport office can download your photo from.

I had my new passport in 3 days after doing it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

The main PO has one that the passport office can download your photo from.

I had my new passport in 3 days after doing it online.

I can't seem to remember it being there recently, I was going to use it but was not there last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Adiboo wrote: »
    I can't seem to remember it being there recently, I was going to use it but was not there last year.

That's a pity, it was a very handy service.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

6 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

6 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Kerry!

I suspect we will see a bunch more announced tomorrow. My mate almost certainly has it (Wife of one of his colleagues tested positive and passed it around his work) and was over for testing in the new test center in the south campus yesterday.

oeb wrote: »
    I suspect we will see a bunch more announced tomorrow. My mate almost certainly has it (Wife of one of his colleagues tested positive and passed it around his work) and was over for testing in the new test center in the south campus yesterday.

Wow, that's scary. Hopefully its negative and if not I hope he's ok and recovers well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I was told last week that a Dr. was one of the first in Kerry to be confirmed with it, he's not based in Tralee.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

I was told last week that a Dr. was one of the first in Kerry to be confirmed with it, he's not based in Tralee.

There was someone in Kenmare who was tested positive with it, they were one of the first in Kerry, maybe the same person. I think they were treated in a Cork hospital though.

testing in the new test center in the south campus yesterday.

Didn't know that, live practically nextdoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

There was someone in Kenmare who was tested positive with it, they were one of the first in Kerry, maybe the same person. I think they were treated in a Cork hospital though.

Yeah, that's the same person I'd say.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Didn't know that, live practically nextdoor.

Mate was saying it's all done very sensibly.

Pull up in your car, phone them to tell you when you are outside. They call you when it's time to come in and all other people getting tested are not around. Everyone masked up etc, they swab you and you clear off.

Of course, big issue with this setup is people from Killarney, with fevers and breathing difficulties having to drive over to Tralee themselves. Mate could not risk letting someone else drive them as they would get infected too. Lives alone, has elderly parents, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Serious question. What if you don't drive or have a car!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ambulance

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Serious question. What if you don't drive or have a car!?

Not a notion, he rang when he started showing symptoms, was told a test would be arranged, heard nothing then for a few days till he got a text yesterday morning telling him his appointment was in Tralee at 14:10. Got about two and a half hours notice.

It sucks, but I dunno what else they can do, Kerry is pretty spread out.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Ambulance

Really? They send out an ambulance to transport suspected covid cases to a test centre?

Not a notion, he rang when he started showing symptoms, was told a test would be arranged, heard nothing then for a few days till he got a text yesterday morning telling him his appointment was in Tralee at 14:10. Got about two and a half hours notice.

It sucks, but I dunno what else they can do, Kerry is pretty spread out.

Well, it seems utterly pointless if someone lives a long way off and has no means of getting to the centre without contaminating anyone, doesn't it?

Really? They send out an ambulance to transport suspected covid cases to a test centre?

That has been the case up until very recently anyway.

• Advertisement

That has been the case up until very recently anyway.

OK. Maybe that guy should get back on to them.

Well, it seems utterly pointless if someone lives a long way off and has no means of getting to the centre without contaminating anyone, doesn't it?

I know before they were setting up the drop in test centres, they were sending people out into peoples houses to conduct the test there. I assume that they would use that approach. It's just two swabs, one in the nose, one in the throat, only takes 5 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Really

I know before they were setting up the drop in test centres, they were sending people out into peoples houses to conduct the test there. I assume that they would use that approach. It's just two swabs, one in the nose, one in the throat, only takes 5 min.

I understand that it's a simple test. That is not my point.

I understand that it's a simple test. That is not my point.

I don't understand what your point is though. You said what happens if someone can't travel to the test center, and I said I assume they send someone out to them, like they were doing before the test centers opened.

My buddy was able to drive to the test center, as he does have a car, and while he is sick, it was something that made the drive uncomfortable rather than impossible or dangerous.

I don't understand what your point is though. You said what happens if someone can't travel to the test center, and I said I assume they send someone out to them, like they were doing before the test centers opened.

My buddy was able to drive to the test center, as he does have a car, and while he is sick, it was something that made the drive uncomfortable rather than impossible or dangerous.

You answered my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Saw today that quite a few bars in town are flouting the closure order.... pretty shít of them and anyone that drinks in these places....should be an immediate license revokable offence.

Saw today that quite a few bars in town are flouting the closure order.... pretty shít of them and anyone that drinks in these places....should be an immediate license revokable offence.

I despair. This makes me so mad.

I think if they are caught by the Gardaí, they now have powers to put in an objection to the renewal of their licence.

• Advertisement

It looks like there's a new Indian restaurant going into where the one in Edward st has been for the last few years (opposite Post office). Its repainted and opening soon sign in window....although not sure about opening at all at moment (apart from take away). I had wondered if the other place had closed as it didn't look like it had opened I a while.

Advertisement