Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 8th Jan 16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Skid X wrote: »
    I'd love to see BlindBoy BoatClub on the Vincent Browne panel.

to be fair, Id say Vincent Browne and him would have a great rapport.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Blind boy going for a round of applause there with his "50%" stat. Nobody biting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,192 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Okay, I've been searching furiously here and I think I've found out who Robert Ballagh was when he fought Batman.

In the episode An Egg Grows in Gotham, there was the following character "Egghead". What do ye think? There he is there, looking nefarious.

egghead02.jpg

Ah, the late great Vincent Price - damn fine actor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Strazdas wrote: »
    Ballagh talks about the "tyranny" of British rule in 1916. What tyranny? Dublin was a calm city at ease with itself before the Rising erupted.

Dublin wasn't calm pre-1916. The 1913 lockout was a very troublesome period in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's lots of dodgy deals where politicians took pennys from their bribers who went on to make millions and in some cases billions on the resources off the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

It's a terrible unequal society, Bobby. did you ever get that ten grand cash back, the one that you rang Joe Duffy about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

This was supposed to be about the rising I thought? It's gone so so far off topic.
    no its not , its about the commemoration and legacy of the rising , its completely on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oops69 wrote: »
    Yates needs to read a bit of history , he's very poorly informed .

He's just there for a row. Which he's not really getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'd say if you were an affluent, member of the Protestant merchant class, you were a lot more at ease with yourself & your place the world and the Empire, than if you were a Catholic living in an inner city tenement, with 45 other families. :rolleyes:

Sure, but the people in the tenements didn't think ripping down the Union Jack off the GPO and replacing it with an Irish flag was going to solve their problems (which is why they were utterly indifferent to the Rising or even hostile to it).

sorry but the statistic regarding the disparity of wealth is not that dramatic compared to most western cultures.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Yes but you can't afford a house, you can't afford to have a child so the country is out and out fooked as there won't be enough people to sustain it.

What?

We don't live in a perfect world. There'll always be something to complain about.

I don't understand how I can't afford children? And why does one need to buy a house, which I could do anyways in a couple of years.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    How can Yates lecture anybody, after turning his back on all of that debt ?

Because he is cut from the same cloth as Piers Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

"unhistorical sh1te".

Good man Bobby, I hope Batman kicks the aforementioned sh1te out of you the next time he sees you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

These are the best 4 they could get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Says it's all that the person speaking the most sense is the lad with the plastic bag over his head!

Agree. Talking ****e.

I'm 24 and I think this country isn't so bad.

Blindboy is just speaking out for people who aren't educated and put all their eggs in one basket.

It largely depends on what industry you're in.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It was rubbish Bill, that director is a spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

What a waste of a half hour!

Blind boy going for a round of applause there with his "50%" stat. Nobody biting on it.

it was a terrible "stat". Both false and even if true, not that meaningful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Watherfuud...ah shure that's practically Cork. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Yates is a gambler, who gambled and lost, but didn't have to suffer the consequences. Of course the thick Irish welcome him back with open arms

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Dublin wasn't calm pre-1916. The 1913 lockout was a very troublesome period in Dublin.

Yes indeed, but that was more a big stand off between workers and employers ; "British occupation" wasn't seen as the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I'd say Robert Ballagh likes to think he would be in the GPO himself if he were around in 1916. He seems to have thought that Rebellion show was meant to be a documentary.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

sorry but the statistic regarding the disparity of wealth is not that dramatic compared to most western cultures.

Basically they want successfull outcomes but they don't want people to be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

antodeco wrote: »
    Always wanted one, so bought it 2 years ago. Never been played! It's just to look at at!

Play it! Jeaysus.

(Did yer man not have his own guitar?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

And it's back to watching Inglourious Basterds on Film4

Goodnight folks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

One of my friends is in the audience. I've asked him to heckle DLB every time he mentions illness or worse.

Hope he doesn't get a sore throat.

Did the audience get anything at all for sitting through that tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,192 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

it was a terrible "stat". Both false and even if true, not that meaningful.

Yeah thought that was stupid. He could have used the stat that the top 10 % pay about 60 % of the tax but that wouldn't fit his narrative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭weadick

I wish PK was still on TV for stuff like that. He would have had a better panel, given them better questions and got the audience involved too. That was just a waste of half an hour.

Advertisement