Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 8th Jan 16

Options
  • 08-01-2016 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

Good evening. This is on this evening. Apparently.

Rubber Bandits talking about 1916 and this:
    Room author, screenwriter and Golden Globe nominee Emma Donoghue will appear on the show to talk about the incredible reaction the film has received and finding herself on the radar for a Oscar.

Also the new master of the Rotunda, Professor Fergal Malone, will appear to discuss the challenges facing the Irish health service, while blogger and broadcaster Sinéad Burke will join Ryan to talk about life at 3 foot 5 inches in modern Ireland, and country favourite Tommy Fleming will perform.

9c1e6f6a34eb2f137356f54a370178e9.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

New year but we still have this little fella and his furry friends. Can't wait for tonight's show, not!

8055895_orig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

So, all this 1916 stuff...it's just for this week, right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Happy New Year dudes!

I'm almost 1916'd out already, but I'm very much looking forward to yer fella from the Rubberbandits. Their show was the unexpected TV highlight of the entire Christmas break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

One of my friends is in the audience. I've asked him to heckle DLB every time he mentions illness or worse.

Hope he doesn't get a sore throat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Ivan Yates is going to be on. He mentioned on the radio this morning that it was going to be about 1916.......no doubt will be on for an argument!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Sinéad Burke will join Ryan to talk about life at 3 foot 5 inches in modern Ireland

Apparently Sinead Burke was meant to be on The Ray D'Arcy Show, but was moved to the Friday night after she told RTE that the audience would not be able to empathize with how difficult her life is if they saw that she was taller than the presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I'm debating with my self whether I should launch into the beers now or should wait for a little while. This is the most important decision at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Firefox11 wrote: »
    I'm debating with my self whether I should launch into the beers now or should wait for a little while. This is the most important decision at the moment!

I've opened one, how the hell else could i get through this show. there goes Dry January. Damn you Turbidy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Happy New Year dudes!

I'm almost 1916'd out already, but I'm very much looking forward to yer fella from the Rubberbandits. Their show was the unexpected TV highlight of the entire Christmas break.

I honestly don't think my 8year old has learned about anything other than 1916 lately in school.

• Advertisement

Evening all. Alternative Miss Ireland. Thought that was for dudes in dresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Blind Boy HouseBoat...not a good start getting one of your guests name wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I've opened one, how the hell else could i get through this show. there goes Dry January. Damn you Turbidy!

That's true. Sod It! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Doctor, doctor, do you treat dwarves?

Yeah, but he'll have to be a little patient.

Sorry, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

So, all this 1916 stuff...it's just for this week, right? :pac:

Yeah, then everyone heads over to Frongoch to recover and prepare for the next session :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I was going to go dry tonight but it's been a long day, my main problem is I have no beer in the fridge, I will have to superchill some in the freezer and see how I get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Evening all,

Pass me one of those beers there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Evening all,

Pass me one of those beers there

Catch !

Dopey, Sneezy, Bashful, Grumpy...

One way ticket to hell, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

i live next door to an offie... hmmm *strokes chin*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I wasnt taking any chances. I bought the 1 litre of vodka. I was just opening it as I was watching that british report about ANY alcohol being bad for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I was going to go dry tonight but it's been a long day, my main problem is I have no beer in the fridge, I will have to superchill some in the freezer and see how I get on :D

Risky !!!! But worth it I'm sure :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Gillian McKeith is her mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I will be with you as soon as I see the end of Kloppz Kidz bravely battling the Excellent Exeterians

Boardsies, keep some beers for Lemmy's memorial service tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheLisNo

Refreshing positive attitude to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Very good speaker this girl , she could be a politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Evening all! :D

Not being funny but if I was that height I'd be carrying around a light foldable foot stool sort of thing... I'm sure Ikea does something.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lisha wrote: »
    Risky !!!! But worth it I'm sure :)

Crisis over, they were outside in the shed so are actually cool enough thanks to mother nature :D

• Advertisement

Car99 wrote: »
    Very good speaker this girl , she could be a politician.

I disagree. She is far too sensible for that.

Advertisement