Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 8th Jan 16

Options

Comments

Bobby Ballagh looks like one of the criminals who fought Adam West's Batman

POW! BAM!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Strazdas wrote: »
    Ballagh talks about the "tyranny" of British rule in 1916. What tyranny? Dublin was a calm city at ease with itself before the Rising erupted.
    not quite but the poor of Dublin were certainly under the tyranny of the 'catholic' middle classes and still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,699 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He has his generation spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

If the 6 counties were handed over at the time what would the level of deaths have been?

It's too soon to say :P

M

The best about it is the old exploiters are fooked because the young can't breed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Tubridy compared the Rubber Bandits 1916 program to Horrible Histories. Has anybody ever seen Horrible Histories, I happened to catch it a few mornings. It's an amazing program. It's for kids and I found myself in stitches laughing at it. Fair play to the (albeit) English :mad: people who made it.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Ah blindboy talking pure tripe there. Plenty of jobs here for skilled workers in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I've been dreading this year, all because of stupid debates like this

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Oops69 wrote: »
    not quite but the poor of Dublin were certainly under the tyranny of the 'catholic' middle classes and still are.

The 'tyranny' of London was replaced by the tyranny of Rome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

i have a feeling this speech from Blindboy was set up. It was just too neatly fitted in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Strazdas wrote: »
    Ballagh talks about the "tyranny" of British rule in 1916. What tyranny? Dublin was a calm city at ease with itself before the Rising erupted.

I'd say if you were an affluent, member of the Protestant merchant class, you were a lot more at ease with yourself & your place the world and the Empire, than if you were a Catholic living in an inner city tenement, with 45 other families. :rolleyes:

He has his generation spot on.

Nope, much of his generation got free 3rd level education and were only too delighted to travel, work for google,facebook etc in Dublin and bought houses for sfa in recent years compared to the boom.

He's trying to engage with the water protester of his generation.

He mentioned not being able to afford children, no single parent families with parent under 35 about?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ah jesus what is BB talking about here.

He might look like he's taking the piss with a plastic bag on his head, but Blindboy is spot on.

Actually tbf and in contrast to my earlier comment he is the only one talking sense which is a poor indictment of the other 3 prats

M

Ah blindboy talking pure tripe there. Plenty of jobs here for skilled workers in this country.

Yes but you can't afford a house, you can't afford to have a child so the country is out and out fooked as there won't be enough people to sustain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Fair play to the (albeit) English.

Get him!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Tubridy compared the Rubber Bandits 1916 program to Horrible Histories. Has anybody ever seen Horrible Histories, I happened to catch it a few mornings. It's an amazing program. It's for kids and I found myself in stitches laughing at it. Fair play to the (albeit) English :mad: people who made it.

yeah, Horrible Histories is very well done. Almost wasted on the kids!

Also, RTE are some shower, but that Rubber Bandits 1916 programme was excellent.

i have a feeling this speech from Blindboy was set up. It was just too neatly fitted in.

Absolutely. The rubberbandits are no fools. Two highly educated lads who know how to get their point across.

Will all of this crap go away after Easter ? Thank god Easter is early this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Ah jesus what is BB talking about here.

He needs to settle down a little, he's after getting a bit excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I'd love to see BlindBoy BoatClub on the Vincent Browne panel.

This guy is making incredible points. While wearing a plastic bag.

I'm so confused.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Augeo wrote: »
    Nope, much of his generation got free 3rd level education and were only too delighted to travel, work for google,facebook etc in Dublin and bought houses for sfa in recent years compared to the boom.

He's trying to engage with the water protester of his generation.

Agree. Talking ****e.

I'm 24 and I think this country isn't so bad.

Blindboy is just speaking out for people who aren't educated and put all their eggs in one basket.

This was supposed to be about the rising I thought? It's gone so so far off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Ballagh is soooooooo full of sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Okay, I've been searching furiously here and I think I've found out who Robert Ballagh was when he fought Batman.

In the episode An Egg Grows in Gotham, there was the following character "Egghead". What do ye think? There he is there, looking nefarious.

egghead02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Absolutely. The rubberbandits are no fools. Two highly educated lads who know how to get their point across.

Blindboy has a masters in psychology

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Yates needs to read a bit of history , he's very poorly informed .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'd say if you were an affluent, member of the Protestant merchant class, you were a lot more at ease with yourself & your place the world and the Empire, than if you were a Catholic living in an inner city tenement, with 45 other families. :rolleyes:

Probably as much or more chance of being wasted at the somme etc

As much as ive always found him annoying yates making most sense.

• Advertisement

How can Yates lecture anybody, after turning his back on all of that debt ?

Advertisement