Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Leinster buildup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Leinster
    Te'o is off to Worcester? That's brutal.

International rugby ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is he qualified for England? They could do with a league convert at centre.

Leinster
    Is he qualified for England? They could do with a league convert at centre.

He is thru his grandparents, at least he's a half way decent centre unlike any recent league converts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Ahhhhh crap. I'd convinced myself this game was on today not tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Unfortunately not going to be a lot of interest in it. Just as well it's not on today, an absolute washout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Rightwing wrote: »
    Unfortunately not going to be a lot of interest in it. Just as well it's not on today, an absolute washout.

Very little hype around about this game. First one between the two teams in a long time that I've been hearing little to no commotion about.

Really hope it's a good intense game. Irish rugby could sure use one right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Leinster
    sheep? wrote: »
    Again, don't disagree, but VdF has shown no signs of tiring, or fatigue. His tackle count backs this up.

I get that it's rotation, but if I was VdF I'd be pissed off. He's fit and playing well, deserves a shot against Munster in Thomond I think.

But anyways, small details and I'm probably nit picking.

VDF is not being rested or rotated. He has been dropped because one of the best opensides in the world is back fit and needs gametime. It's not a reflection on him, just the reality of pro rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Very little hype around about this game. First one between the two teams in a long time that I've been hearing little to no commotion about.

Really hope it's a good intense game. Irish rugby could sure use one right now.

Judging by the ticket sales there's a lot of interest! Only a handful of tickets left in the stand last I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Rightwing wrote: »

No tickets available on MRSC and not many left on ticketmaster so plenty of interest by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Judging by the ticket sales there's a lot of interest! Only a handful of tickets left in the stand last I checked.

I'm heading anyway, looking forward to seeing Thomond (and some Limerick bars) again.

• Advertisement

The buildup has been muted but tbf aren't most matches around this time the same?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Leinster and Munster are the two "lesser" sides this season. The Ulster v Connacht match is a more exciting proposition, in my opinion. Obviously there's still the rivalry between the two provinces but in terms of how they've all been playing this season there's not a lot to get excited about for this one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

For most fans the rivalry only got red hot around the 09 HEC game and then after Leinster won the next 4 games continued.

Both teams were very strong around this period too.

For some fans the interpro games before this weren't that big of things. I do remember none of my Munster mates who went to the 06 HEC SF wanting to watch, let alone go to, either of the Celtic League games that season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭flutered

It has a different feel to previous derbies. When was the last time both sides faced each other with both a low ebb? A lot of internationals from both sides are playing to retain their spot with Ireland also.

Ticket sales in the stand look very good anyway.

imo with the coaches take on things too many need not worry

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Eoin247 wrote:

It used to be played the week before European games so it was about getting the full team out in preparation for the following week as well as the rivalry. Xmas fixtures are in competition with... Xmas. Bound to be less coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

What are the chances of the match being cancelled due to the rain? It hasn't stopped raining since I got to limerick on Wednesday.

I imagine the pitch is top of the range but this rain had been constant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

What are the chances of the match being cancelled due to the rain? It hasn't stopped raining since I got to limerick on Wednesday.

I'd say zero tbh never remember a thomond game being cancelled for wet pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Leinster
    Leinster and Munster are the two "lesser" sides this season. The Ulster v Connacht match is a more exciting proposition, in my opinion. Obviously there's still the rivalry between the two provinces but in terms of how they've all been playing this season there's not a lot to get excited about for this one.

In fairness, no they're not.

Ulster have been great the last two weeks against an inexplicably awful Toulouse and pretty terrible prior to that. I don't think we really know where Connacht are at just yet.

If people aren't excited about this, it has nothing to do with the other provinces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Leinster
    Almost 24,000 sold according to Twitter. You'd imagine the date and time of the game would lend itself to a big crowd

TOD is back at the right time with DOC ruled out for 6 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,557 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster by a single score for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

:rolleyes: Leinster and Munster are not the TWO lesser sides regardless of whats happened so far in the season.

Zero chance of game being off. Game in Galway went ahead on a pitch with much more use than thomond etc and the pitch is a very high quality pitch.
    slingerz wrote: »
    Almost 24,000 sold according to Twitter. You'd imagine the date and time of the game would lend itself to a big crowd
    But significant number of those still wont turn up. You would think crowds will be higher for games this time of year but wont be as big as that.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

:rolleyes: Leinster and Munster are not the TWO lesser sides regardless of whats happened so far in the season.

I was half joking. Must remember to put a winky face in posts from now on. :rolleyes:

In terms of entertainment they're the lesser teams this season. Ulster and Connacht may not be beating all about them but they're much more enjoyable to watch. Only exciting game I remember Munster being involved in this season was against Ulster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I was half joking. Must remember to put a winky face in posts from now on. :rolleyes:

In terms of entertainment they're the lesser teams this season. Ulster and Connacht may not be beating all about them but they're much more enjoyable to watch. Only exciting game I remember Munster being involved in this season was against Ulster.

I'd watch a sodden donkey kick Leinster to 3-0 victories if it meant we won consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The four provinces are so far more or less inseparable this season. It would be hard to rank any of them. Ulster may be nudging a head a tad at the minute but you wouldn't have said that a month ago so who knows if that is a blip or not. They've all had lows and the occasional high. Injuries and the WC have disrupted the season. The aim for the provinces is to remain in contention at the moment. Alas this hasn't been possible for Leinster in arguably the toughest pool in European history, Munster are teetering on the brink in Europe as well. However in the league with players returning from injury, less disruption from internationals (the 6Ns won't take as many players from the provincial scene as the WC), I expect a much improved second half to the season. It's just a shame it has come too late for Europe for Leinster and probably Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

Any stand tickets still available lads? Looking for two for anywhere in the stand if possible. Tixmaster sold out!!

Leinster
    sheep? wrote: »
    I'd watch a sodden donkey kick Leinster to 3-0 victories if it meant we won consistently.

Madigan?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

The match is still a few hours away but the highlight for me is TOD's return.

G'wan Tommy and Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Ticketmaster has East Terrace South tickets for sale again. Looks like it'll be a dry one too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Hopefully first game I'll watch since black Sunday (defeat to Pumas) - no wonder so many of the players are struggling with form , my mojo for Irish rugby just collapses after never-ending World Cup failures. Same every 4 years.

Advertisement