Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Leinster buildup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Id actually expect Ringrose to get a go at 13 if we're resting Luke/Teo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Any word of how strong the lineups will be? I'd rather not have a repeat of last year.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,123 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Any word of how strong the lineups will be? I'd rather not have a repeat of last year.

i think it will be worse for leinster.

im going to assume

sexton, heaslip, toner, ruddock, luke fitz, r kearney, d kearney and sob will all be protected.

Strauss, ross, L mc grath, M Kearney, out long term
    FMF and Boss need to be assessed

SOB might be allowed play if deemed he needs match fitness, but i wouldnt at all be surprised if hes cotton wooled.

Healy could be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

Officials for Sunday, I don't rate either the ref nor the TMO
    At Thomond Park, 5.15pm. Live on Sky Sports and TG4
    Referee: David Wilkinson (IRFU, 36th competition game)
    Assistant Referees: Sean Gallagher, Stuart Gaffikin (both IRFU)
    Citing Commissioner: Eddie Walsh (IRFU)
    TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

HI,
    I hope it's okay to post here as time is running out...

I have a package for the match but can't make it:
    2 premium level seats
    Pre match reception:
    Pre match buffet & free drinks
    Q & A & Meet and greet player (player not announced yet)

I have an ad in toutless.com- link and think the price is very reasonable.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Are tickets still for sale in Donnybrook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Healy available. Hearing reheard in new year

• Registered Users Posts: 20,017 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I really like Healy and I hope he gets back to his best form.... but sometimes he behaves like a plank. I presume they'll play him this weekend since he will most likely get a 'rest' in January, after the hearing

Predicted score

Leinster -8 : -9 Munster

Neil Francis
    I really like Healy and I hope he gets back to his best form.... but sometimes he behaves like a plank. I presume they'll play him this weekend since he will most likely get a 'rest' in January, after the hearing

If this ends up impacting a more important or international game it will be a total sham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

Newstalk mentioned that TOD might be available for Sunday, that would be great news to see him back playing after that horrific injury in the world cup warm up games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Leinster
    phog wrote: »
    Newstalk mentioned that TOD might be available for Sunday, that would be great news to see him back playing after that horrific injury in the world cup warm up games.

I'd rather not rush him back, perhaps sit him on the bench and give him 5 mins at the end.....when we're coasting to victory and our enemy are completely demoralised......... Oh! Merry Christmas!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

If this ends up impacting a more important or international game it will be a total sham.

I don't think Healy would be in the 23 on current form so unless he picks up a bit it's not important from an Ireland perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Neil Francis
    CatFromHue wrote: »

You pulling my leg.:o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't know who wrote that but it's brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

If Leinster can show the same sort of defensive organisation as they did against Toulon, I don't think Munster have the power to punch through. Likewise if Leinster play Madigan at 10, I don't see them having the continuity in attack to do much. Depending on the weather I might see what odds are available on there being no try in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Neil Francis
    If we (Leinster) can't beat this shower, we have no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Leinster
    Well for a change this time, whoever loses this game wins the worst coach competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Jesus people, really!? Let's wait and see who's available for the game before making any big grand sweeping statements shall we.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Neil Francis
    There is a noticeable lack of hype for this game, not just on boards, but in the media too. Is it because of the Christmas or because we're both crap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Neil Francis
    Clegg wrote: »
    There is a noticeable lack of hype for this game, not just on boards, but in the media too. Is it because of the Christmas or because we're both crap?

A little from column A and a little from column B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Clegg wrote: »

Two uninspiring teams at the moment make not for an inspiring game.

Leinster are suffering from the hangover of 2 years of coaching damage, last years bad league finish consequenting too tough for them draw in the Cup, and having only an apprentice coach. But at least they have a squad of good players and pipeline of younger talent.

Munster simply dont have the players of the level of yore, and are struggling to come to terms with their changed place in the world from the glory years of the naughties. Players, true fans, bandwagon fans, coaching brains trust, and blazers alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

ClanofLams wrote: »
    I don't think Healy would be in the 23 on current form so unless he picks up a bit it's not important from an Ireland perspective.

I think Healy would have to have a leg amputated in order for Schmidt to even think about not playing him. Even then he's most likely be on the bench...:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Leinster team named. Ringrose at 13 is exciting.

15. Zane Kirchner
    14. Fergus McFadden
    13. Garry Ringrose
    12. Luke Fitzgerald
    11. Isa Nacewa CAPTAIN
    10. Ian Madigan
    9. Eoin Reddan
    1. Jack McGrath
    2. Sean Cronin
    3. Tadhg Furlong
    4. Devin Toner
    5. Tom Denton
    6. Dominic Ryan
    7. Sean O'Brien
    8. Jamie Heaslip

16. James Tracy
    17. Cian Healy
    18. Marty Moore
    19. Ross Molony
    20. Josh van der Flier
    21. Nick McCarthy
    22. Cathal Marsh
    23. Dave Kearney

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sob back too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Munster team.
    Munster: Andrew Conway; Keith Earls, Francis Saili, Denis Hurley, Simon Zebo; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Mike Sherry, BJ Botha; Dave Foley, Donnacha Ryan; Robin Copeland, Jack O'Donoghue, CJ Stander Capt.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, John Ryan, Billy Holland, Tommy O'Donnell, Tomás O'Leary, Rory Scannell, Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino.

Bleyendaal at 10 could be fun to watch. Good to see Tommy O'Donnell back.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That's if Bleyendaal actually makes it to kick off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Leinster
    Strong teams, great to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,017 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Strong teams, great to see it.

Delighted for Ringrose and great to see Tommy o Donnell back.

Might not be a high stakes match like when they both thought they would win the European Cup. Could be a great March though

Hope the rest weather calms down and they can both go at it. Can't wait to get Xmas over with! Bring on Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Neil Francis
    Would have preferred to see Molony rather than Denton, but that's a decent enough first XV all things considered. Some players put in big shifts against Toulon and deserve their rest. Would have liked Sexton at 10 to ease Ringrose into the game, but he needs a rest too.

Advertisement