Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Leinster buildup

Options
  • 21-12-2015 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

So it begins. No need to thank me mods.

Who wins? 45 votes

Munster
    0%
    Leinster
    51%
    moby2101AkrasiafinbarrkheebusjeebuspappyodanielvangslingerzmrskinnerRAKMCptMackeyvienne86QuintiskubBallyv24Del.Montedavo2001lazybones32ArmchairQBWhereisgalwaygazump123 23 votes
    Neil Francis
    48%
    [Deleted User]Niall06Digifriendlyphily2002yosser hughessiochainGeraldoscott1974errlloydjack01986Squidgy Blackiamjenkoredmca2John_RamboKinger83Redgirl82Richard HillmanCleggAl_CoholicThe Pheasant2 22 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Leinster
    Madigan. Keatley.

And so forth.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is this match not months away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Stheno wrote: »

Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Stheno wrote: »

This pashunate contest shall take place on December 27th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Neil Francis
    Who's Neil Francis?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It will be a new narrative this year with both sets of fans on here to rubbish their own players and coaches!

KingBrian2 wrote: »

Ex leinster and ireland second row and print journo for indo

I'll tell you who he is. He's a frickin' ligind, that man.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    It will be a new narrative this year with both sets of fans on here to rubbish their own players and coaches!

Who will be slagging madigan tho?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He's a very talented man, a national treasure if you will!

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Neil_Francis_%28rugby_union%29&oldid=403518990

• Advertisement

aimee1 wrote: »
    Who will be slagging madigan tho?

Prob everyone, he'll be the unifying factor :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

This pashunate contest shall take place on December 27th.
    aimee1 wrote: »
    Sunday

DUH I was thinking of the game in the Aviva :o

An opinonated bag of hot air

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

It has a different feel to previous derbies. When was the last time both sides faced each other with both a low ebb? A lot of internationals from both sides are playing to retain their spot with Ireland also.

Ticket sales in the stand look very good anyway.

I'm backing Leinster by three points. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Leinster
    I hope it's a good game ro watch compared to the rugby I have watched in munster last few games

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I actually thought Munster played alright at weekend away to Leicester

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I actually thought Munster played alright at weekend away to Leicester

They didn't seem able to finish off any attacking moves was my biggest frustration with them?

Neil Francis
    Expect a tidy Munster win. Foley builds his season around beating Leinster and needs the win more than they do with all the PR hysteria around Munster (even the wags are weighing in against him of late)...

Probably be a scrappy enough game, couple Munster lads on the fringe of the Ireland squad will have a point to prove against the internationals.

I'd be worried if there are any loose balls, O'Connell will come bounding onto the field in the red of Toulon to kick Dave Kearney in the head again.

This will probably be Zebo's last / second last Leinster Darby before he moves on. Hope Donnchadh Ryan starts so we can see how far behind McCarthy he is.

Hoping Munster starts Earls in centre so we don't need to worry about any distribution out wide to their backs.

Speaking of backs, Leinster cast off Conway to be your best back for 3rd week in a row?

OK that should get things going, my work here is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Mads with at least 5 of these.

Then a few more of these for the craic. He could get more used to doing it in Thomond.

?width=600&version=2132547

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Leinster
    All the talk of Munster and their poor results... Leinsters are probably worse, think Munster will win a scrappy game by less than 5

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    All the talk of Munster and their poor results... Leinsters are probably worse, think Munster will win a scrappy game by less than 5

Dunno about that now. Leinster are one point behind in the league but have played one less game. Last two performances have been very encouraging from Leinster.

Saying that, the bookies agree with you almost exactly so you'll probably be proven right!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Pink Fairy wrote: »

Well in fairness you guys played Treviso at home and got most of your points that way. I wouldn't bother looking at European form to judge this one at all. Especially as we don't know who will be rested and who won't. Until we know the teams we're better off not making any predictions.

Leinster
    molloyjh wrote: »
    Well in fairness you guys played Treviso at home and got most of your points that way. I wouldn't bother looking at European form to judge this one at all. Especially as we don't know who will be rested and who won't. Until we know the teams we're better off not making any predictions.

That's what wrecks my head about this game. We should be seeing full strength teams on both sides going hammer and tongs at each other.

Instead, the best players will be watching it on TV in Carton House.

That's what wrecks my head about this game. We should be seeing full strength teams on both sides going hammer and tongs at each other.

Instead, the best players will be watching it on TV in Carton House.

What's the solution to that though? The interpros have to be on at Christmas. With the European games on when they are we're limited in when we can have the Ireland camp running. It's just an unfortunate impact of the calendar really. What they should be doing is alternating what game is in that slot so that the same fixture isn't being hit every time. But ultimately at least one interpro will be hit by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Leinster
    Heart says Leinster, head says Munster. By 5 points or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

What's the solution to that though? The interpros have to be on at Christmas. With the European games on when they are we're limited in when we can have the Ireland camp running. It's just an unfortunate impact of the calendar really. What they should be doing is alternating what game is in that slot so that the same fixture isn't being hit every time. But ultimately at least one interpro will be hit by it.

The interpros don't have to be on at Christmas at all. That's just something we've accepted.

In reality they could be played any time. They could even take the week off, give the players a mid-season break, and start the league a week earlier or play an extra game against less important opposition during the 6 Nations.

Leinster

The solution is not to bother our collective arse with an Ireland camp over Christmas.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,120 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

well if a bunch of leinster dirt trackers* loose this again by 15 points.... it will be very hard to justify travelling again to thomond again next christmas.

probably see this as the leinster team

Healy Cronin Moore
    Denton MMC
    Conan Murphy D ryan

reddan marsh
    ringrose mads teo isa
    kirchner

bent, RBF / furlong, B Byrne, moloney, leavy, mc carty, crosbie, kelleher

JVDF could do with a rest.

*not my view, just general concensus

• Advertisement