Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Leinster buildup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

awec wrote: »
    That's if Bleyendaal actually makes it to kick off

He shouldnt be let open xmas pressies in case he pulls a hamstring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Dippy at 6 and VdF on the bench?

SOB to 6 and VdF at 7 would have been more deserving for Josh, been excellent so far.

Neil Francis
    sheep? wrote: »
    Dippy at 6 and VdF on the bench?

SOB to 6 and VdF at 7 would have been more deserving for Josh, been excellent so far.

He's also played two very hard games in a row, no harm being on the bench for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Bonkers starting bleyendaal, doubt he's match fit and Scannell deserved a start.
    Full strength other than that which is great to see, TOD back is huge going into the stade games.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Neil Francis
    Is Jordi injured? I don't remember seeing an injury report with him on it. Haven't seen him play in a while. His form was iffy, but he's still more than good enough to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

case885 wrote: »
    Bonkers starting bleyendaal, doubt he's match fit and Scannell deserved a start.
    Full strength other than that which is great to see, TOD back is huge going into the stade games.

Is it bonkers? If he's fit then he has to start. It's a great opportunity to see what's he worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Leinster
    Like the look of that team, think we'll win with a few points to spare mumhan abú!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Two uninspiring teams at the moment make not for an inspiring game.

Leinster are suffering from the hangover of 2 years of coaching damage, last years bad league finish consequenting too tough for them draw in the Cup, and having only an apprentice coach. But at least they have a squad of good players and pipeline of younger talent.

Munster simply dont have the players of the level of yore, and are struggling to come to terms with their changed place in the world from the glory years of the naughties. Players, true fans, bandwagon fans, coaching brains trust, and blazers alike.

More to do with back-to-back loses last year. I think Leinster have lost 4 from the last 5.

God be with the glory years of 7 in a row or something .... :pac:

Is it bonkers? If he's fit then he has to start. It's a great opportunity to see what's he worth.

Why would he have to start? Scannell has shown a lot more than what bleyendaal has so far, if he wants to start then he can prove hes the better option.
    I'd have reservations about his fitness also, 30 minutes against the dragons 3 weeks ago and that had been 2 months after his previous match.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Clegg wrote: »
    Is Jordi injured? I don't remember seeing an injury report with him on it. Haven't seen him play in a while. His form was iffy, but he's still more than good enough to start.

Thought he came on for the last ten minutes last week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Stheno wrote: »
    Thought he came on for the last ten minutes last week?

and he got binned too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Are the Leinster absentees self-chosen? With Munster at full strength as far as I can see surely those missing from the Leinster squad are not IRFU enforced?

• Administrators Posts: 53,560 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Are the Leinster absentees self-chosen? With Munster at full strength as far as I can see surely those missing from the Leinster squad are not IRFU enforced?

Munster, Ulster and Connacht all at full strength this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Neil Francis

Unless they get bloated or drunk over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

So it is a Leinster call to rest a few then?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's not that the IRFU go to the provinces and say "you have to rest X, Y and Z on this day." They put rules in place about how many games the internationals can play over certain periods. Leinster may be in a position where they are going to bring those guys back in for the home game against Connacht instead.

• Administrators Posts: 53,560 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Must be, unless Leinster are the only full strength side next week. I think clubs usually get a choice, but the rules could be different this year because of no AIs and the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

I thought I read that Best was rested for Connacht game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭TeoReid

What channel is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Must be, unless Leinster are the only full strength side next week. I think clubs usually get a choice, but the rules could be different this year because of no AIs and the World Cup.

Leinster have a few injuries. Ross, Sexton and Te'o are all out for that reason. Probably McCarthy too I think. I reckon a few might be held back for next week (Ruddock and Kearney spring to mind).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

TeoReid wrote: »
    What channel is this on?

Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

TeoReid wrote: »
    What channel is this on?
    molloyjh wrote: »
    Sky Sports.

and TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Why would he have to start? Scannell has shown a lot more than what bleyendaal has so far, if he wants to start then he can prove hes the better option.
    I'd have reservations about his fitness also, 30 minutes against the dragons 3 weeks ago and that had been 2 months after his previous match.

They need to play Bleyendaal before Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Hopefully Bleyendaal makes it on to the field. Keatley needs some time off to get his head sorted. I don't think I've ever seen a 10 avoid responsibility and the first-receiver position as much as Keatley did in the Leicester double-header. TOD's return from injury should be a huge boost.

Madigan starting ahead of Sexton, and McGrath starting ahead of Healy will strengthen the Leinster side. Hopefully Ringrose will start seeing more gametime now that it has been confirmed that Teo is off to England.

He's also played two very hard games in a row, no harm being on the bench for this week.

Fair 'nuff. You could also say the same about Heaslip though.

Neil Francis
    sheep? wrote: »
    Fair 'nuff. You could also say the same about Heaslip though.

You could, but Heaslip has a better sense of his seasonal longevity and historically doesn't noticeably tire under heavy game loads. VdF will still be getting to terms with full senior seasons.

You could, but Heaslip has a better sense of his seasonal longevity and historically doesn't noticeably tire under heavy game loads. VdF will still be getting to terms with full senior seasons.

Again, don't disagree, but VdF has shown no signs of tiring, or fatigue. His tackle count backs this up.

I get that it's rotation, but if I was VdF I'd be pissed off. He's fit and playing well, deserves a shot against Munster in Thomond I think.

But anyways, small details and I'm probably nit picking.

No we don't we have a very capable replacement in Scannell, bleyendaal can prove his worth not being selected on previous form.
    It's actually worrying the lack of Faith we have in younger players.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

No we don't we have a very capable replacement in Scannell, bleyendaal can prove his worth not being selected on previous form.
    It's actually worrying the lack of Faith we have in younger players.

I don't see it as lack of faith, I see it as giving a player returning from injury game time to get up to speed in case he's required over the next few weeks, we've Ulster next then three Cup games on the trot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Te'o is off to Worcester? That's brutal.

Advertisement