Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

That's 2 big goal chances wasted by Ormonde. Needs to be ruthless. Not seeing much from Bowe again.
    When you say ruthless what do you want exactly?
    Referee is brutal.
    are they ever not according to some here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Ormonde despite the missed chances has carried us up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Pressure is a crazy thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ormonde could have had 3 goals but you have to give goalie credit for 2 excellent stops. He's a guy who seems to make stuff happen, gets into good areas. Not much up front for the most part, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Cork just about better of two poor sides and just about muddle their way to a win.
    From a senior perspective, hard to see anyone that will be anywhere near it next year.

• Advertisement

When you say ruthless what do you want exactly?

are they ever not according to some here?

Ruthless? Both were timid enough shots at the goalie stuck from distance. Both times he had space to take it 5 or 10 yards closer. Needs to hit it as hard as he can.

Lacks a bit of size but overall had a very good gsme.

Tipp inside backs were largely chasing shadows. Connolly very good but needs to work on distribution. Forwards were losing the 50/50s and struggled to win ball.

Cork the better team all round.

What did the Cork no.23 do after the final whistle? - two lads - who didn't play - wanted a piece of him afterwards.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Cork just about better of two poor sides and just about muddle their way to a win.
    From a senior perspective, hard to see anyone that will be anywhere near it next year.

Poor sides is harsh. Both would have hoped to play better for sure. But given the circumstances and the time of year, a lot of rain in Cork the last while, that's probably as good as you're going to get.

Oh, they'll be a few that will make the leap, will take a few years of filling out though, they'll come from the defence rather than up front, I'd say.

The sub Max Hackett must have a year or two at this level yet? Looks good and direct. Be interesting to see how he develops.

Barrett looks a banker for Cork seniors.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Ompala

formerlyET wrote: »
    Poor sides is harsh. Both would have hoped to play better for sure. But given the circumstances and the time of year, a lot of rain in Cork the last while, that's probably as good as you're going to get.

Oh, they'll be a few that will make the leap, will take a few years of filling out though, they'll come from the defence rather than up front, I'd say.

The sub Max Hackett must have a year or two at this level yet? Looks good and direct. Be interesting to see how he develops.

Should mention, was travelling home from Cork earlier and there was a very strong wind, couple with consistent rain the last few days and it is very cold - not ideal weather conditions. Both teams deserve credit for going out in it.

Cork probably just about deserved it, we missed too many chances in the finish, goals and points. We were guilty of overplaying the ball a lot, tried to create the goal chance when we should have taken points. Disappointing end to the year for them, but definitely have a few future seniors in the team.

Dunno what happened after the whistle. Not appropriate reaction by the Tipp selector, but someothing had to have been said to trigger such a reaction.

Hard to pin too many of them who'll make the step up to senior. Bowe and Connolly the obvious ones, have the size for it. After that I wouldnt be sure of any of them. I liked Devon Ryan while he was on, surprised he was replaced early enough.

• Advertisement

A terrible performance, but lets be honest, they all were. Handling was awful in every game. Awful against Clare in the first half, awful for 55 mins against Waterford, awful for the whole game against Cork. Looked very badly coached. Cahill's team from last year would have battered that Cork team. We didnt even lay a glove on them. Andy Ormonde who was full of confidence last year missed a brace of goals.

Ompala wrote: »
    Should mention, was travelling home from Cork earlier and there was a very strong wind, couple with consistent rain the last few days and it is very cold - not ideal weather conditions. Both teams deserve credit for going out in it.

Cork probably just about deserved it, we missed too many chances in the finish, goals and points. We were guilty of overplaying the ball a lot, tried to create the goal chance when we should have taken points. Disappointing end to the year for them, but definitely have a few future seniors in the team.

Dunno what happened after the whistle. Not appropriate reaction by the Tipp selector, but someothing had to have been said to trigger such a reaction.

****housery from the Cork youngster is my guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Tipp sub was out of order no matter what. He wasn’t even playing, no business in there

Hard to pin too many of them who'll make the step up to senior. Bowe and Connolly the obvious ones, have the size for it. After that I wouldnt be sure of any of them. I liked Devon Ryan while he was on, surprised he was replaced early enough.

I think Ray McCormack has a chance.

Connolly is a cert - he is not the finished article, nobody is at that level, but he looks the pick of most games. A lot will depend on who is senior manager/s to mold him over the next while because he looks like he could fill most positions.

Ormonde has the ability and the know how, gets on a lot of ball, but he will have to fill out.

Bowe does look like a confidence player - either red hot or out of it, he will have to address that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ryan took a knock, didn't he? Dunno if that knocked the gallop out of him. Be happy if we got even a couple of prospects out of that group, Bowe, Connolly, McCormack, Ormond, Aaron Browne all look decent possible to me. Few of them have another year at this level I'd guess.

The continual high ball, under the lights, into our forwards was frustrating. You could give Cork credit for pressure but a lot of it was needless high ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Come on. Get real. Not the appropriate action to take. Game was over.

Cahill's team from last year would have battered that Cork team. We didnt even lay a glove on them. Andy Ormonde who was full of confidence last year missed a brace of goals.

Not so sure about that. Cork had a deadly u21 team in 2018 and 2019 who were totally mismanaged by Denis Ring. Tactically he was inept. They really left 2018 behind them. 2019 Tipp destroyed Cork but i blame Ring for alot of that.

Not so sure about that. Cork had a deadly u21 team in 2018 and 2019 who were totally mismanaged by Denis Ring. Tactically he was inept. They really left 2018 behind them. 2019 Tipp destroyed Cork but I blame Ring for alot of that.

We had our own Denis Ring over Tipp tonight. They looked like a team done no training with the ball whatsoever. I wasn't all that overawed by Cork, to be honest, and im not being ungracious. Id have no qualms ye deserved it but they should be hammering us the way we have been playing. Useless in all three games and the chickens came home to roost tonight

• Advertisement

Come on. Get real. Not the appropriate action to take. Game was over.

Not defending the selector's actions for a second, but it was sad to see a Tipp v Cork game end on such a sour note. (Always a good fixture and great craic between the two counties)

Not defending the selector's actions for a second, but it was sad to see a Tipp v Cork game end on such a sour note. (Always a good fixture and great craic between the two counties)

Wasn't it the number 16 Shelly that got involved in the end? Obviously something was said but it didn't look good especially as the camera was right on him.

I'd give Devane some leeway, it's been a weird year and munster final 2 days before Christmas says it all. Yeah we looked to not have much of a game plan but I'd imagine they've been limited with the amount of training they've been able to do.

Exactly. Always great contests between the two teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Exactly. Always great contests between the two teams.

Yep. There’s a healthy respect between the 2 counties. Both counties have ‘hurlers’ who want to express themselves.

digzy wrote: »
    Yep. There’s a healthy respect between the 2 counties. Both counties have ‘hurlers’ who want to express themselves.

You will nearly always get a entertaining game of hurling between the two sides in any grade.

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

https://www.gaa.ie/news/michael-quinlivan-voted-gaa-ie-footballer-of-the-week/

His point against Cork was probably the score of the championship.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Tipp hurlers back at it today, like most counties, Andrew Ormonde and Connolly added to the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Tipp hurlers back at it today, like most counties, Andrew Ormonde and Connolly added to the panel.

Thought training was only allowed from the 15th onwards and that's even under review with cases so high

• Advertisement

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Thought training was only allowed from the 15th onwards and that's even under review with cases so high

Some counties started their gym work for this year before last year's all-ireland was played.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement