Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Powerhouse wrote: »
    What on earth does this comment mean?!

Exactly what it says..iif he plays up another foul he'll be remembered for this. Nothing more or nothing less..remember how he helped to get a player sent off in an All Ireland final.
    Now I'm not saying it's his fault but he did play into it..

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

What colour would you put on that challenge
    That's the weird thing. Even in a sport as physical as rugby union a player would walk for that. Crazy that some loons are even contesting it.

https://twitter.com/NedzerB13/status/1163573406085918721?s=19https://twitter.com/NedzerB13/status/1163573406085918721?s=19

jluv wrote: »
    Exactly what it says..iif he plays up another foul he'll be remembered for this. Nothing more or nothing less..remember how he helped to get a player sent off in an All Ireland final.

Crying out loud am i actually reading this nonsense??? Did you somehow miss the actual connection to the jaw where the hardest part of the arm connected with Barrett?? This is ludicrous stuff.

The gas thing about Kilkenny is that they seem to have themselves convinced they are a bastion of ethics. You have the likes of Tyrell mouthing off who himself was guilty of a frontal charge in 2009. Eddie Brennan could have seen the line in 2007 and yet is accusing other players of dishonesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

What is it with these KK lads in the media, you had Henry trying to tell us the sky isnt blue, Jackie Tyrell the same on the Sunday game and now Eddie bringing up a clip from 12 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

What is it with these KK lads in the media, you had Henry trying to tell us the sky isnt blue, Jackie Tyrell the same on the Sunday game and now Eddie bringing up a clip from 12 years ago.

Some joke really, here's a guy who is a current inter-county manager and a sometime Sunday Game panellist and he has the immaturity to be getting involved in this sort of stuff. I think he could do with wise counsel around him right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Some joke really, here's a guy who is a current inter-county manager and a sometime Sunday Game panellist and he has the immaturity to be getting involved in this sort of stuff. I think he could do with wise counsel around him right now.

I wouldnt say immaturity as such but a KK thing. They can't stand losing at all, its bred into them from their Cody days and the fact that the culprit is one of their former buddies from those days makes them throw all their impartiality out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

jluv wrote: »

You'd be right. The fault was Richie Hogan's. No more to be said.

Lar went with his shoulder and yes he was a mile late. Got a deserved booking. Here is the difference. Richie led with his elbow. Try again Eddie B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Anyone here think that Callanan's ball into Bubbles for the goal was a mis hit by Callanan.I do.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,732 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Harmless enough really..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Xenophile wrote: »
    Anyone here think that Callanan's ball into Bubbles for the goal was a mis hit by Callanan.I do.
    No lad, watched it a few times now and it was well placed by seamie, he looks up and places it right in front of bubbles class passage of play great vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Why, what do you think he was trying to do?

Lar went with his shoulder and yes he was a mile late. Got a deserved booking. Here is the difference. Richie led with his elbow. Try again Eddie B

Tipp gunner don't get sucked into it, some of the kilkenny lads are just bitter, like me would if it was other way around, look at seamies stonewall penalty, free outside the box no card shown, swings in roundabouts, tipp abú

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

How did Hogan end up with a bloody nose earlier in the game? Did he walk into a lamp post....

... or was he struck on the head by a hurl?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

robbiezero wrote: »
    Why, what do you think he was trying to do?

Thought he was going for a point, I was on the Upper Cusack and he was directly down under me, said it at the time. Watched the game back and was not surprised to hear Henry Shefflin say the same thing in the analysis.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kyler_87

Well done Tipp!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

The sending off was a shame as it killed the game. I had thought it was harsh originally as I didn t think Richie intended to elbow him in the face but he was going at him with full on aggression and I do think the elbow came up as a reaction to Barrett stepping out of way. Players do have a responsibility to protect other players and Richie didn t do this, it was very dangerous and deserved a red for that reason.
    As regards, Barrett diving, no way he got an elbow smack in the chin from a player running flat out at him. I d like to see Jackie Tyrell stand up after that happening to him.
    It is not surprising these ex kilkenny players are complaining and struggling with defeat, they are not used to losing and don't like it. It's 2015 since they won it, it might take a few years before they win it again, deep down they know that and that s what really hurts I reckon.

Thought he was going for a point, I was on the Upper Cusack and he was directly down under me, said it at the time. Watched the game back and was not surprised to hear Henry Shefflin say the same thing in the analysis.

Shefflin the same lad who said hogan shouldn't have got red, I think I'll trust my own eyes but if your happy to think Seamie went for a point all the better he should've gone to spec savers the ball was heading for the corner post

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭1373

Just read the kk thread on here and you’ll enter a world of bitterness and crazy. They all seem to have forgotten that bad refereeing got them into the final .

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Nah, look at the highlights. He clearly looks up, sees Bubbles and rifles a killer pass to him. Assassin finish by Bubbles, lift and smash. What a goal.

• Advertisement

1373 wrote: »
    Just read the kk thread on here and you’ll enter a world of bitterness and crazy. They all seem to have forgotten that bad refereeing got them into the final .

The bitterness makes it all the more sweeter :pac:

Also it glosses over the fact of how poor kilkenny were on the day. If I was a kilkenny man i'd be more interested in why the team gave up with 30 minutes remaining? Why did they pick the wrong team? Why they had they no plan B? Why were they so tactically inept?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

farmerval wrote: »
    Funniest thing of all is we scored 3 goals and 25 points and the three nominees for Man of the match were 2 defenders and a deep lying midfielder.

Ya, it is strange really. IMO our top 6 players would have been Noel, Heffernan, Kennedy, Barrett and the Maher brothers, all defence and a midfielder.
    Forwards played well enough, all of them had little spells where they were very effective, but none of them really ran amok in the way they did in 2016.
    Callanan finished the game in a brilliant 5 minute spell scoring 1-1 and setting up the 3rd goal, but outside of that, he had a tough time of it off Lawlor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Jackie Tyrell made a right eejit of himself on the Sunday Game. Out of 10 panelists, and one of them an ex referee, he was the only one saying it wasn't a red card. Not only that he said it was Barrett's fault for over reacting and that it wasn't in the spirit of Tipp v Kilkenny games and compared it to Tommy Walsh not lying down when hit by Benny Dunne in 2009. This is one seriously bitter man in regards Tipp. All you have to do is read his toxic chapter on Tipp in his book to know the hatred he feels for the blue and gold.

Funny thing is since his bile in that book Tipp have walloped the cats in two finals making his coddswallop about Tipp being soft and lack character look decidedly stupid. The way he is crying over a dead cert red card is highlighting a lack of sincerity on his part. Shefflin was at the same. Eddie Brennan now whinging away also. There has been a huge lack of class shown by Kilkenny in defeat since the final whistle was blown. Sad to see really.

The bitterness makes it all the more sweeter :pac:

Also it glosses over the fact of how poor kilkenny were on the day. If I was a kilkenny man i'd be more interested in why the team gave up with 30 minutes remaining? Why did they pick the wrong team? Why they had they no plan B? Why were they so tactically inept?

Ya, Had it been 5 or 6 points in it, there might be some merit in the sending off having an impact on the result, but 14 points is pretty comprehensive and I still think there was another gear in Tipp, especially up front.
    We have generally started games poorly and finished very strongly, so I think even at 15 v 15, we had ridden the early storm and were coming very strongly into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

1373 wrote: »

A few gas men posting there alright.

The reasonable lads aren't tolerating them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

The initial reaction was to lash out and try to defend Hogan and blame Owens
    But pictures don't lie and its fairly clear he probably made the right call.
    I felt we were in big trouble once the goal went in.we had hurled ok but weren't making it count on the score board .
    When tipp forwards get space and ball they are nearly unhurlable .thought our backs tried hard against a tsunami of ball.
    But ultimately they were fighting a losing battle from early in the second half.
    Our whole game plan is about getting pressure on opposing teams and the use of ball by McGrath made that a lost cause.15/15 we still lose maybe not as much
    But felt tied had turned before the red.
    We found a few this year we need to find a few more .sure we will stay at it anyway.
    Enjoy the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭El Vino

The initial reaction was to lash out and try to defend Hogan and blame Owens
    But pictures don't lie and its fairly clear he probably made the right call.
    I felt we were in big trouble once the goal went in.we had hurled ok but weren't making it count on the score board .
    When tipp forwards get space and ball they are nearly unhurlable .thought our backs tried hard against a tsunami of ball.
    But ultimately they were fighting a losing battle from early in the second half.
    Our whole game plan is about getting pressure on opposing teams and the use of ball by McGrath made that a lost cause.15/15 we still lose maybe not as much
    But felt tied had turned before the red.
    We found a few this year we need to find a few more .sure we will stay at it anyway.
    Enjoy the winter
    We should be eternally gratefully to ye for putting Limerick out, from the part of the county I'm from losing a final to Limerick is the thing that has kept me awake since it's been possible for 2 teams from the same province contest the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭El Vino

On a separate note I'd love to know how the technology for Hawkeye works out if the ball is over the bar. Is there a danger that what it measures includes your hand around the ball so that it seems like more of the ball has crossed the line than actually has?

I know we have to enjoy this, but cant help already thinking a year on. The young lads have come good this summer when it mattered. Love the look of Kehoe and Browne, serious engines. Barry Heff came of age and i owe an apology to Seamus Kennedy for, if not quite writing him off, then at least not recognising his worth. A great summer for him. Dont anticipate any retirements, unless Bonner cant quite get back, and the 20s still to come next weekend - imagine the competition there's going to be for places come next spring! But lets savour this for a while anyway and hopefully future takes care of itself.

I suppose the main thing is that Sheedy will stay on, i'd imagine it's a given but he's walked out before and wouldn't give a straight answer when asked last night.

I'd imagine we'll have 3 or 4 step up from this years under 20's. Certainly need to be looked at. Hopefully next year some of the younger lads could become a regular. Jake Morris probably the closest. Hopefully Brian McGrath can force his way in and at least get a couple of league games. Ger Browne also.

Certainly won't be far off next year and finally putting all Ireland's back to back has to be the motivation.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

The sending off was a shame as it killed the game. I had thought it was harsh originally as I didn t think Richie intended to elbow him in the face but he was going at him with full on aggression and I do think the elbow came up as a reaction to Barrett stepping out of way. Players do have a responsibility to protect other players and Richie didn t do this, it was very dangerous and deserved a red for that reason.
    As regards, Barrett diving, no way he got an elbow smack in the chin from a player running flat out at him. I d like to see Jackie Tyrell stand up after that happening to him.
    It is not surprising these ex kilkenny players are complaining and struggling with defeat, they are not used to losing and don't like it. It's 2015 since they won it, it might take a few years before they win it again, deep down they know that and that s what really hurts I

Thats a red all day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement