Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Xenophile wrote: »
    Nicky English writing in the Irish Times often goes for our opposition.

Fair enough but 95% go for their own for my list i stick to neutrals.

Ger Loughnane has given Tipp his vote. Ger Cunningham and Kyle Hayes have tipped Kilkenny. Pretty even i must say over all with nearly all saying it's very hard to call. I remember last year the vast majority of pundits were going for Galway. Up to 75% i'd say. They were strongly fancied for the two in a row.I didn't and fancied a Limerick win. The time for talking is nearly over lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Ger Loughnane has given Tipp his vote. Ger Cunningham and Kyle Hayes have tipped Kilkenny. Pretty even i must say over all with nearly all saying it's very hard to call. I remember last year the vast majority of pundits were going for Galway. Up to 75% i'd say. They were strongly fancied for the two in a row.I didn't and fancied a Limerick win. The time for talking is nearly over lads.

Best of luck and safe travels tomorrow folks I’ll be rooting for Tipp myself, mainly because I think Liam Sheedy is a class act and Callanan is a superb talent to watch. Therefore Callanan to lift Liam just after 5pm tomorrow evening, enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Fierce excited now. Probably won't get much sleep tonight. Hopefully the boys can do it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Tipp by 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Sublime stuff folks brilliant team congrats enjoy the celebrations!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Lovely jubbly

Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp Tipp!!!!!!!!! Yessss we skinned the cats.! The sweetest one yet. Come onnnnn!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭C__MC

Class by tipp
    Hammering kk in 3 finals this decade
    Some achievement

I hope Fran Larkin enjoyed the day .

• Advertisement

In the last two finals against the cats tipp had 23 points to spare . Decisive or what

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

thesamster wrote: »
    In the last two finals against the cats tipp had 23 points to spare . Decisive or what

Limerick would have done a better job than Kilkenny today. Congratulations to Tipperary, they made the extra man count

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Moyorris

Well done Tipp.Commiserations to Kilkenny.Pity to see a sending off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Love beating the cats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Moyorris

Congrats to Portroe on winning the 7's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Davys Fits wrote: »
    Tipp by 5

You were way off :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Ompala

God, theres been some crap spoken about that team since 2016. It was great to see them stand up and let it all out today. No better feeling than being there watching it :)

The backs, after a troubling first 20 minutes were fantastic and totally dominated Kilkenny in the second half. Barrett cleaned up any loose ball and delivered good ball up field, Paudie was solid if not spectacular, Brendan put in a shift as usual while Kennedy, Heffernan and Ronan Maher were collosal. Kennedy continued his good form from last 25 mins of Wexford game and fired over two great points. Heffernan has hurled out of his skin last two games and what a prospect going forward. Ronan Maher for me is going gead to head with Seamie for hurler of the year (possibly with TJ). A real resilient Tipp backline with buckets of skill, hard work and defiance. Proud of these lads one and all.

Congrats Tipp folk on here. Enjoy tbe celebrations and the lift it will inevitably give the county. I'm a Dub with Tipp parents so im as happy as any of ye. Up Tipp!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Congrats to Tipp, they were excellent in the 2nd half to be fair. Hope the Tipp supporters from this forum enjoy tonight, it's some turnaround from last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

Super performance after a nervy start. I thought the sending off was harsh, and it spoiled the game but I don't think it would have changed the result. The first half just looked like we were warming up for what was to come in the second half.
    Noel McGrath was incredible I thought, he completely controlled the game.
    I w thought kilkenny gave up half way through the second half which I was surprised at, I know they were finding no way through and probably out of ideas but it was a strange sight to see. We had a load of time on the ball, maybe it was just good game management.
    There s also some serious talent coming through, Heffernan after a bad start was brilliant, Kennedy stood up and played out of his skin, each of the subs who came on, looked superb.
    There were calls for Jason Forde to be sent off for a clumsy tackle on Murphy, and I also heard complaints about barrets pull on Richie Hogan. Even Richie Hogan s sending off (Granted is was definitely the worst if them three) I don t think there was any intent on those players to injure the opposition, (again Hogan I d say intended driving him out with a shoulder, and the elbow came up when he stepped out of range) that was an extremely clean game, surely intent has to be considered before issuing cards, if a player is honest and doing his best, referees need to consider that. Is hurling in danger of becoming a bit soft, or am I just turning into an oul fella.
    Enjoy the celebrations, go on the premier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

To be honest not really sure what to even say about that, just a fantastic team and management and given us some displays, not just today or this year, but some of them for more than a decade now. The veterans have driven us on this year while other lads came of age and other lads again showing they'll be a force come next year.

Have to say was a bit torn by the hogan sending off. Didnt really see it at the time, but i thought we were just about getting on top of the game at that point and part of me wanted to see us beat a full team if possible. Having seen the replay, it was clear red but still feel a bit for the player cos he's a full hearted but never dirty guy. Just one of those things and cant blame ref or linesman either as they were just doing their job. Still, we had to win the game and second half was awesome, just simple as that. Tactically, i thought Kilkenny played into our hands, as 3 years ago, but that's for them to ponder i guess.

Just see in betting, Seamie 4-9 for hoty with Noel 5/2. Noel would be my choice personally, as i think he'll be motm tonight after being mofm in s/f and simply brilliant all through year, munster final excepted perhaps. Seamie will probably get it, though, and that's alright with me too. As long as it isn't another 2016 and the bolter - as in TJ - sweeps in to take the prize!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Super performance after a nervy start. I thought the sending off was harsh, and it spoiled the game but I don't think it would have changed the result. The first half just looked like we were warming up for what was to come in the second half.
    I dont see at all how the red was harsh. Dangerous play must be punished. Agree on noel. Game management was fantastic
    There is also some serious talent coming through, Heffernan after a bad start was brilliant, Kennedy stood up and played out of his skin, each of the subs who came on, looked superb.
    There were calls for Jason Forde to be sent off for a clumsy tackle on Murphy, and I also heard complaints about barrets pull on Richie Hogan. Even Richie Hogan s sending off (Granted is was definitely the worst if them three) I don t think there was any intent on those players to injure the opposition, (again Hogan I d say intended driving him out with a shoulder, and the elbow came up when he stepped out of range) that was an extremely clean game, surely intent has to be considered before issuing cards, if a player is honest and doing his best, referees need to consider that. Is hurling in danger of becoming a bit soft, or am I just turning into an oul fella
    you cant just look at intent. Dangerous play must be punished and then look for mitigating factors to reduce the sanction if necessary. I didn't see anything mitigating to reduce it from red to yellow. That game was clean before hand wouldnt be mitigating. Hurling singer from turning soft.
    Enjoy the celebrations, go on the premier.[/QUOTE]
    To be honest not really sure what to even say about that, just a fantastic team and management and given us some displays, not just today or this year, but some of them for more than a decade now. The veterans have driven us on this year while other lads came of age and other lads again showing they'll be a force come next year.

Have to say was a bit torn by the hogan sending off. Didnt really see it at the time, but i thought we were just about getting on top of the game at that point and part of me wanted to see us beat a full team if possible. Having seen the replay, it was clear red but still feel a bit for the player cos he's a full hearted but never dirty guy. Just one of those things and cant blame ref or linesman either as they were just doing their job. Still, we had to win the game and second half was awesome, just simple as that. Tactically, i thought Kilkenny played into our hands, as 3 years ago, but that's for them to ponder i guess.

Just see in betting, Seamie 4-9 for hoty with Noel 5/2. Noel would be my choice personally, as i think he'll be motm tonight after being mofm in s/f and simply brilliant all through year, munster final excepted perhaps. Seamie will probably get it, though, and that's alright with me too. As long as it isn't another 2016 and the bolter - as in TJ - sweeps in to take the prize!
    agree that tipp tactically got it right and the red came at a good time for tipp as they had half time to plan how to exploit the extra man while kk had to try second guess what tipp would do.

Cant see the getting it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭1373

I w thought kilkenny gave up half way through the second half which I was surprised at, I know they were finding no way through and probably out of ideas but it was a strange sight to see. We had a load of time on the ball, maybe it was just good game management.
    There s also some serious talent coming through, Heffernan after a bad start was brilliant, Kennedy stood up and played out of his skin, each of the subs who came on, looked superb.
    There were calls for Jason Forde to be sent off for a clumsy tackle on Murphy, and I also heard complaints about barrets pull on Richie Hogan. Even Richie Hogan s sending off (Granted is was definitely the worst if them three) I don t think there was any intent on those players to injure the opposition, (again Hogan I d say intended driving him out with a shoulder, and the elbow came up when he stepped out of range) that was an extremely clean game, surely intent has to be considered before issuing cards, if a player is honest and doing his best, referees need to consider that. Is hurling in danger of becoming a bit soft, or am I just turning into an oul fella.
    Enjoy the celebrations, go on the premier.
    Hogan gave Barrett an elbow in the jaw , the last tv clip shows it perfect . So unless some of us Tipp folk are gone a bit soft in the head from looking at Cody and shefflin bawling at refs for frees then it’s a red card . Over on the kk thread , none of them seemed to see any elbow and they all agree Barrett dived

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭larrya

1373 wrote: »
    Hogan gave Barrett an elbow in the jaw , the last tv clip shows it perfect . So unless some of us Tipp folk are gone a bit soft in the head from looking at Cody and shefflin bawling at refs for frees then it’s a red card . Over on the kk thread , none of them seemed to see any elbow and they all agree Barrett dived

So Barrett didn’t diveðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭1373

larrya wrote: »

Got hit from his blindside with an elbow to the jaw and went down . Fairly normal reaction to a hit like that ,on or off the field

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭larrya

1373 wrote: »
    Got hit from his blindside with an elbow to the jaw and went down . Fairly normal reaction to a hit like that ,on or off the field

Sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Field east

larrya wrote: »

Anybody who watches boxing will note when the head/ jaw get a wallop/blow / punch. You see the head giving a very sudden ‘jerk’. I saw Barrett’s head giving a very similar jerk when it got that elbow. Given that definite contact what player would not ‘ go down’ - if only for a free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Living in Laois quiet close to the Laois-Tipperary border...with kids going to schools in Tipperary and a relative from Nenagh, Tipperary. Delighted for Tipperary!!

Congratulations to all the players & fans in Tipperary, well deserved!!

Not a bad year for Laois hurling...an even better year for Tipperary hurling!!

laoisfan wrote: »
    Living in Laois quiet close to the Laois-Tipperary border...with kids going to schools in Tipperary and a relative from Nenagh, Tipperary. Delighted for Tipperary!!

Congratulations to all the players & fans in Tipperary, well deserved!!

Not a bad year for Laois hurling...an even better year for Tipperary hurling!!

Laois gave us a good test this year, was very impressed and expect them to be a handful for a couple of the leinster teams next year.

• Advertisement

Good luck to all heading for thurles today, wish i could be there! Have to content myself with watching this over and over. As soon as this hit the net, i was certain it would be our day. I believe the technical term for what Conor Fogarty is suffering here is "twisted blood."

https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1163103479168032769

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement