Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - 4th December

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Well that was.. ehh..

Good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Id love to say "well, that's al porters career over"
    Sadly he will never go away.
    Because RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Desperate stuff. Whoever got them on needs to go on a sabbatical.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Still better than Ronan Keating's version.

*checks to see if Skid hasn't posted the same thing*

Ha, I know when I'm beaten :pac:

I'm going upstairs to listen to my Altered Images Tapes

Happy Birthday Lisha !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

I tell you, it's tricky trying to move the tv so I can see it from the bathroom :pac:

Only going through thread now.

If there was ever a case to be made for being able to multi thank a post :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

good night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Thank God for Bob - could have been the worst ever ?

I tuned in late tonight - but yeah what I saw was bruuuuuuuuutal

• Registered Users Posts: 72,114 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Well, that was...interesting.

Till tomorrow night folks!

Nos da!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

How is Al Porter popular again?

I don't see the appeal to be honest, I didn't have a clue who he even was like 4 or 5 months ago, as far as I'm concerned he came out of thin air.

Every time I see him on tv these days I'm like "Meh..."

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

You who watch this tripe every week, why is the Late Late Show dragged out for 2-3 hours?? One hour would be more than enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Hemerodrome

That musical finale was one of the most stupid, unfunny, cringeworthy throwback pieces ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I was bored out of my hole for the rest of this show...although this thread gave me a good laugh when needed.

Good night all. See you for the People of the Year tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

BBC4 Bob Marley Concrete Jungle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Watching the show on delay. I thought there was a strange atmosphere for the Nigella interview. I blame Ryan for the uncomfortable silences, and the awkward questions. Could you imagine him interviewing Robert De Niro? Shudder

De Niro is famed for being a bad interviewee. Nigella lawson as far as I can see is the opposite despite growing up in a posh conservative houshold, google fails me for her bad interviews, obviously it doesnt fail for Tubs's bad interviews. It got better the more food stalls they went to. she tried at least one thing from each stall which was respectful. Tubs doesnt even try:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Everyone in the audience is going home with smoked salmon, a bit of cheese

A "Joe Duffy Special" as it's known in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Demonique

People asking to be sterile at 26 is ridiculous.

At 36 you are a total different person.

I would put that on a par , with the ridiculously young age girls are getting cosmetic surgery.

Any doctor making a woman sterile at that age should be struck off.

Of course you can't get it on nhs - it is unethical and crazy.

It's NOT ridiculous, it's NOT unethical and it's NOT crazy.

Why are you obsessed with other peoples reproductive choices? Some people KNOW they don't want children at the age and it's invariably the people who know they don't want children at that age who want permanent contraception.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

ProudDUB wrote: »
    So Donie, you are stranded in some Godforsaken Ryanair rathole of an airport, miles from anywhere and all the bars, shops and restaurants are closed. While you were away, your boss fired you, your kids drained all the money from your bank account, your dog was run over & your wife ran away with your best friend. How does that make you feel? :rolleyes:

My dog?? NOOOOOOO!

Stop messin!

There actually is a place called Termonfeckin?!

Thought that was a made up name!

*mind blown*

You'd think everyone in Ireland would know of that town but I only learned of the name when Evanna Lynch was cast as Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter and it was mentioned she was from Termonfeckin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Red Kev wrote: »
    Great British Bake Off and Masterchef would care to disagree !

The interest of those shows has a lot more to do with factors outside of the cooking/baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Nigella not great live here is she, no carisma.

Doesn't strike me as a Mitsubishi type of gal, though

• Advertisement

screamer wrote: »
    Now I love chocolate but I don't like the artisan type. Gimme a ton of roses anytime nom nom ........

Roses are you 'avin a laff? They've been ****e for years, they took a lot of the good ones out

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Demonique wrote: »
    Roses are you 'avin a laff? They've been ****e for years, they took a lot of the good ones out

RIP Coffee Cream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    How is Al Porter popular again?

I don't see the appeal to be honest, I didn't have a clue who he even was like 4 or 5 months ago, as far as I'm concerned he came out of thin air.

Every time I see him on tv these days I'm like "Meh..."

Al Porter: Like cancer, but just not quite as funny.

Edit:
    Ok, Felt a bit mean after posting that. Noting against the guy personally, and normally I just wouldn't comment at all, but when he's making money off the back of a state sponsored "mugging" of my wallet, then I feel more justified in expressing the opinion that he's ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Skid X wrote: »
    Yeah, even his tone about a silly harmless bet she made years ago is judgemental. He has taken against her for some reason.

I heard her relate that 'eating the jar of pickled eggs for a bet' story on another show - almost certain it was on Graham Norton's show. She mentioned that at the time she and her husband were a bit hard-up for money - to me, that was the interesting - and rather endearing - aspect.

Tubridy's style of interviewing is so frenetic (quick now, answer the question, yes, yes, onto the next question)...that it's difficult for guests and himself to have actual conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    De Niro is famed for being a bad interviewee. Nigella lawson as far as I can see is the opposite despite growing up in a posh conservative houshold, google fails me for her bad interviews, obviously it doesnt fail for Tubs's bad interviews. It got better the more food stalls they went to. she tried at least one thing from each stall which was respectful. Tubs doesnt even try:mad:

I genuinely think tubs has an issue with food.

He has the taste of a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

She is hard work isn't she ?

Even I feel sorry for Tubs.

Graham Norton and her fellow guests did not seem too impressed by her a few weeks ago. She did not engage much with them and they mostly ignored her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jesus poor old Dustin the turkey really bombed last night, he's like a hack comedian who hasn't changed his act in 20 years.

Also I'd say the Gaiety Theatre won't take too kindly to the ribbing he gave them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

I have not seen the LLS for years. It seems to have turned into a Conan O'Brien lite show with a set to match.... See it again in another 15 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Thought they had binned that bloody turkey years ago! But he keeps resurrecting like the Phoenix. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

All in all, to sum up the so called entertainment on the LLS last night, 1. Dustin the tosser, not a bit funny , RTE obviously way short on funds, 2. Brown bloody bread, who gives a monkeys , we want entertainment not something we'll forget in 2 seconds. 3. The usual anual vist from BoB ( history lesson to us lesser human beings) Geldoff and still trying for the upteen time to kick off his music career. Song was totally rubbish. 4. Nigella, only for her looks was pretty boring and difficult to interview....and no, I wasent actually watching, I was flicking back from the Norton show to see the lateset rubbish line up...OMG....Where was Twink??? LOL

Advertisement