Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - 4th December

Options
  • 04-12-2015 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Decent line up tonight as far as LLS line ups go!

From entertainment.ie - Nigella Lawson will be joining Ryan to talk about her return to the kitchen and life as one of the world’s most famous cooks. Bob Geldof will be on for the first time since the tragic death of his daughter Peaches and discusses his decision to open up about his grief. He's later joined by The Boomtown Rats to celebrate the iconic band’s 40th anniversary with a very special performance. Pantomime dame Lolly Polly, aka Al Porter, will bring her particular brand of comic mayhem to the Late Late studio. While more music will be provided by rising star Gavin James, as well as the one and only wee Daniel O'Donnell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

So Nigella, you recently came thru a rough divorce, after your billionaire husband was caught verbally abusing you on camera. How did that make you feel? And oh yeah, your first husband died a slow and gruesome death from cancer. As it was throat cancer, he couldn't eat your delectable food as he slowly wasted away. That's a bit of a kick in the nuts, eh? How did that make you both feel?

So Bob, your daughter recently died in tragic circumstances - how did that make you feel?

So Al, you're gay, so you must have suffered a life time of abuse and discrimination - how did that make you feel?

So Daniel, your wife recently came through a harrowing battle with breast cancer - how did that make you feel?

So Gavin, you must have faced suicide, cancer or depression at some point in your life. How did that make you feel? What's that....you're just here to sing a few songs and bring a bit of festive cheer to an utterly miserable time of the year? Fcuk off out of my studio then, you cheerful bastard !

Did I miss anything? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

ProudDUB wrote: »
    So Nigella ...

Heh, well played. Lots to be getting on with there, and he will probably save the best for last with a non famous person who has good reason to be unhappy. Even before they've watched the rest of the show.

This went up during the week, an LLS tribute to the best presenter the LLS never had - Mike Murphy

It's from 2000 so please don't enter the quiz mentioned at the start. You probably won't win, even if you live in Cork.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm amazed he's having Al Porter back again after that Rose of Tralee gag he made the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Grrraaaagh. Stupid flight got stupid diverted cos of that stupid storm. Nay LLS thread for me tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Grrraaaagh. Stupid flight got stupid diverted cos of that stupid storm. Nay LLS thread for me tonight.

So Donie, you are stranded in some Godforsaken Ryanair rathole of an airport, miles from anywhere and all the bars, shops and restaurants are closed. While you were away, your boss fired you, your kids drained all the money from your bank account, your dog was run over & your wife ran away with your best friend. How does that make you feel? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sflemings

I'm amazed he's having Al Porter back again after that Rose of Tralee gag he made the last time.

What gag was that?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

sflemings wrote: »
    What gag was that?

He said to Tubs 'I've been a fan yours since you did the Rose of Tralee, didn't you present it as well?'

• Registered Users Posts: 72,207 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all! :)

21 sleeps to go!

awww-super-cute-christmas-labrador-puppy-photo-cute-animal-pictures.jpg

sleeping+christmas+kitten.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

For the stick Geldof gets at times, i saw the Boomtown Rats at Electric Picnic this year and they were superb. Back to basics, Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Jesus Christ, how many times has Al Porter been on in the last couple of months.....??

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ, how many times has Al Porter been on in the last couple of months.....??

Feel free to post this jpg after every gag he makes...

ooh-matron.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

raemie10 wrote: »
    Decent line up tonight as far as LLS line ups go!

From entertainment.ie - Nigella Lawson will be joining Ryan to talk about her return to the kitchen and life as one of the world’s most famous cooks. Bob Geldof will be on for the first time since the tragic death of his daughter Peaches and discusses his decision to open up about his grief. He's later joined by The Boomtown Rats to celebrate the iconic band’s 40th anniversary with a very special performance. Pantomime dame Lolly Polly, aka Al Porter, will bring her particular brand of comic mayhem to the Late Late studio. While more music will be provided by rising star Gavin James, as well as the one and only wee Daniel O'Donnell.

al porter jesus wept only his mum thinks he is slightly humerous!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Skid X wrote: »
    Heh, well played. Lots to be getting on with there, and he will probably save the best for last with a non famous person who has good reason to be unhappy. Even before they've watched the rest of the show.

This went up during the week, an LLS tribute to the best presenter the LLS never had - Mike Murphy

It's from 2000 so please don't enter the quiz mentioned at the start. You probably won't win, even if you live in Cork.

Watching this now skid. Enjoying it alot!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I came in on tubs' intro before the news. Who's going to be on talking about not having children?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Evening all! :)

21 sleeps to go!

awww-super-cute-christmas-labrador-puppy-photo-cute-animal-pictures.jpg

sleeping+christmas+kitten.PNG

S0018444.jpg:)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Le_Dooner

I've asked many people what do they make of Al Porter and most of them find him 'hilarious', maybe my humour is an acquired taste, but I find him reprehensible and his attempts at 'comedy' cringe worthy mundane and contrived and aimed at a large sub section of the the 'youth' generation who have little time for satire or substance.

amdublin wrote: »
    Watching this now skid. Enjoying it alot!

Yeah, me too amdublin :) I liked the bit where he has a fit of giggles on Radio 1 while discussing the unfortunate incident where the poor greyhound jumped out of the plane while crossing the Irish Sea :o:pac:

I have heard him talk about that before, but not the actual recording of the show.

I know I'm always saying it, but a few more of those extended tribute shows every now and then would be welcome.

I think Al Porter is funny enough in fairness. But these constant appearances now are getting ridiculous. Is he still the warm up act pre show for the audience? Maybe a guest cancelled hence himself on again tonight???

Yeah, me too amdublin :) I liked the bit where he has a fit of giggles on Radio 1 while discussing the unfortunate incident where the poor greyhound jumped out of the plane while crossing the Irish Sea :o:pac:

I have heard him talk about that before, but not the actual recording of the show.

I know I'm always saying it, but a few more of those extended tribute shows every now and then would be welcome.

No way tubs would just let other people just talk. Like Larry grogan and the fella before him spoke for ages...no harm!

monkey9 wrote: »
    I think Al Porter is funny enough in fairness. But these constant appearances now are getting ridiculous. Is he still the warm up act pre show for the audience? Maybe a guest cancelled hence himself on again tonight???

Is he the warmup?? He wasn't the time I was there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭Hitchens

didn't McSavage do the warm-up for awhile too?

Skid!
    Niall Toibin is hilarious!!!!!

I could be completely making that up. In fact, i could be getting that mixed up with McSavage.

In summary, just like Enda Kenny, it's best to dismiss anything i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I thought Al Porter's impersonation of Francis Brennan was great. Much better than Mario Rosenstock at taking him off

For the day that's in it :(

RIP Scott Weiland

Skid!
    Niall Toibin is hilarious!!!!!

:pac: yeah it's great stuff. Mike seems like a great character off screen (and on)

You're right, Tubs wouldn't shut up for two minutes to let people in the audience tell their stories sadly.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I thought Al Porter's impersonation of Francis Brennan was great. Much better than Mario Rosenstock at taking him off

It actually was. It's the same oul sh!te with him though. He does make me laugh though. The being gay growing up in Tallaght with the proper Tallaght da stuff was funny when i heard it first. But, there's only so many times he can keep repeating the same joke.

The main guy from the LLS band did it the last time I was in the audience.

Dave Young used to do the SNS warm up very well, I believe Ray Darcy now does a 30 minute lecture on the benefits of porridge.

:pac: yeah it's great stuff. Mike seems like a great character off screen (and on)

You're right, Tubs wouldn't shut up for two minutes to let people in the audience tell their stories sadly.

Oh skid I'm breaking my sh1te laughing here out loud at him with the giggles.

First of all I was thinking yeah the poor greyhound that's not so funny but bloody hell is giggling was infectious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Evening all. Al Porter again, he was on a few weeks ago.

Advertisement