Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

advertsfox wrote: »
    Not sure it's been mentioned but DPD Parcel Wizard won't accept my N26 card (although it works fine when using PayPal as the relay).

EDIT: Can someone share the link to the thread about direct debit / card issues with N26 and Revolut please? I can't for the life of me find it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057540573

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭ffocused

Anyone else have issues using N26 card today?

I tried mine twice and it was declined each time.
    It did not show up on the app as a declined transaction either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

ffocused wrote: »

Used it twice today and no issue (not the physical card - ApplePay).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

German holiday today, could that be part of the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Apologies if covered already:

Business expensing with N26. Pay, take a pic of the receipt. Tag as #WorksDime or something. Great. Except the export options are CSV only. So I cant export that lovely collated data to send to my employer.

Am I missing a trick? Also photo upload seems unreliable :(

• Advertisement

I found out why it was declined after contacting them, as it happened again yesterday.
    I was told MasterCard have implemented a new rule, where 1 in every 5 transactions will require a pin.
    The drawback seems to be that card machine will not prompt for a pin like Visa debit cards & will go straight to declined.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

I was told MasterCard have implemented a new rule, where 1 in every 5 transactions will require a pin.
    The drawback seems to be that card machine will not prompt for a pin like Visa debit cards & will go straight to declined.

This is not just Mastercard, it applies to all contactsless transactions - once you reach a cumulative contactless amount of €150 or 5 taps, you have to enter your pin (see here). Its a right pain when the app or terminal don't tell you this though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

Spocker wrote: »
    This is not just Mastercard, it applies to all contactsless transactions - once you reach a cumulative contactless amount of €150 or 5 taps, you have to enter your pin (see here). Its a right pain when the app or terminal don't tell you this though

This is just very poor implementation by the merchants bank. The merchant needs to ring their card acquiring bank and get that sorted. No excuse.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Card not accepted this morning in Lidl when trying to use contactless, said not authorised (not declined), means the same thing though?- presumably because of the reasons above.

It happens with PTSB too but never had an issue with N26 until now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If you use Google/Apple Pay, then you won't have the 5 payment or €150 limits, as they enforce 2FA by having to use fingerprint or PIN to unlock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

ED E wrote: »
    Apologies if covered already:

Business expensing with N26. Pay, take a pic of the receipt. Tag as #WorksDime or something. Great. Except the export options are CSV only. So I cant export that lovely collated data to send to my employer.

Am I missing a trick? Also photo upload seems unreliable :(

What is wrong with CSV?

jester77 wrote: »
    If you use Google/Apple Pay, then you won't have the 5 payment or €150 limits, as they enforce 2FA by having to use fingerprint or PIN to unlock.

I asked if Apple Pay would count as a verified transaction and was told it will need to be the card & pin.

I asked if Apple Pay would count as a verified transaction and was told it will need to be the card & pin.

What jester77 is saying is that if you consistently use Apple Pay for contactless payments you will never be asked for PIN or anything as Apple Pay implements 2 factors authentication for every transaction (possession of the phone, and fingerprint/face check).

But what they told you is that Apple Pay transactions are completely separate form physical card transaction when it comes to 2FA requirements: in the case of the physical card the 2 factors are the possession of the card and a PIN. So using Apple Pay won’t negate the need to enter the PIN with the physical card once in a while as N26 needs to do that if they want to have two factors authentication for physical cards transactions.

Two contextualise it: if someone was to steel you physical card and Apple Pay transactions were to reset PIN entry requirement for the physical card, the person who stole your card could possibly use it indefinitely with only one factor (possession of the card) as long as you make Apple Pay transactions once in a while. Whereas with their implementation a second factor (PIN) will *always* be required for them to use the card after a few transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What is wrong with CSV?

Text only format, can't contain "rich" data such as images.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

ED E wrote: »
    Text only format, can't contain "rich" data such as images.

Does it have a link to the images?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Between each of my text and her replies was a gap of about 5-10 minutes.

Could have saved me half an hour if she had read my initial question.

N26: Hello suckit how can I help you?

ME: Hi, I am trying to pair my new phone without access
    to my card, I can't access my account or do anything.

N26: I can definitely help you with this.

N26: Do you have an new phone number?

ME: Thanks

ME: No

N26: I am going to need you to answer a few questions first.

1. Type the 10 digit number below your name on
    the card.

2. Type the last 15 digits of the identification number
    that you used to register.

3. Type the last 5 digits of your phone number

ME:
    I don't have my card.

N26: In that case, wait until you have your card and come back
    and I can help you then.

Has anybody ordered the metal card and then cancelled the service, but kept the card?

I don't feel like paying €6 for the crappy flimsy plastic card again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Suckit wrote: »
    Has anybody ordered the metal card and then cancelled the service, but kept the card?

I don't feel like paying €6 for the crappy flimsy plastic card again.
    I asked about this, its like a contract so as soon as you cancel it - you get a normal plastic one again. They did mention more options / colours may come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

This is .. while being a Fintech bank and modern ... a german bank.

If you cancel the contract, you loose the benefits (the metal card) ... simples.

The only one where you could do that .. but they would charge you for the price of the card ... is Revolut.

/M

I'm thinking of leaving this crowd and moving to Bunq. The support when something goes wrong with these is terrible. I've over €3000 stuck with them at the minute.
    Searching their support online is just loads and loads of complaints.

I am going through my account with N26, and I keep a pretty good eye on things.
    I have noticed that on February 13th 2018 I had €50 taken out of my account by N26. I didn't notice it at the time, as I would have definitely queried it.

Does anybody know what this would be for?
    Reference message
    Payment Investigation 0XXXXXX6 external fees from BNP Paribas Fortis

• Advertisement

I have noticed that on February 13th 2018 I had €50 taken out of my account by N26. I didn't notice it at the time, as I would have definitely queried it.

Did you maybe dispute a DD or a debit card payment and get your claim refused?

Bob24 wrote: »
    Did you maybe dispute a DD or a debit card payment and get your claim refused?

Not that I can remember. I've never actually had to deal with them before this last week. I normally just lodge cash and keep an eye on my spending.

Not that I can remember. I've never actually had to deal with them before this last week. I normally just lodge cash and keep an eye on my spending.

Weird then ... if you ask them and their answer is something you are happy to share, can you post their explanation here? Pretty curious what that might be.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Weird then ... if you ask them and their answer is something you are happy to share, can you post their explanation here? Pretty curious what that might be.

Yeah will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I used N26 Black for a while last year while travelling but have no reason to use it now I'm home. My contract has seemingly renewed and not I am faced with 12 months of payments for a service I don't want and will not use. Is there any way to cancel the account? They are very sneaky putting it on auto renewal and only letting you cancel 4 weeks before renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I used N26 Black for a while last year while travelling but have no reason to use it now I'm home. My contract has seemingly renewed and not I am faced with 12 months of payments for a service I don't want and will not use. Is there any way to cancel the account? They are very sneaky putting it on auto renewal and only letting you cancel 4 weeks before renewal.

It's hardly sneaky, most companies that you sign up to try to keep you as a customer by rolling the deal until you cancel.

Be honest... Did you read the agreement before you originally signed up ? Did it say that it would autorenew ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Jaysus I can't remember that far back it probably did and I forgot. I know with Sky for example once your contract is up then that's that. You still are paying for the service but can cancel at anytime. I'm looking at paying a year for a service I don't want now.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Jaysus I can't remember that far back it probably did and I forgot. I know with Sky for example once your contract is up then that's that. You still are paying for the service but can cancel at anytime. I'm looking at paying a year for a service I don't want now.

You have a 14-day cooling-off period from contract-renewal date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Might be just for me but I've notice a big uptake in the speed of my Google Pay payments changing to "approved" on a POS terminal. It's great to see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Did you ever dispute a payment made or asked them to investigate the status of a payment you made.

This looks like that BNP Paribas Fortis charged them 50€ for a payment investigation that they now charge you.

Advertisement