Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Did you ever dispute a payment made or asked them to investigate the status of a payment you made.

This looks like that BNP Paribas Fortis charged them 50€ for a payment investigation that they now charge you.

No, I haven't had the chance. I was waiting on chat, but it was too long and I had to go.

I will try again though.

Got on to live chat. They couldn't help because I don't have my 10 digit number that is on my missing card.

Looks like I may never find out what the charge was for.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What is the description it says beside the charge?

antodeco wrote: »
    What is the description it says beside the charge?

Reference message
    Payment Investigation 0XXXXXX6 external fees from BNP Paribas Fortis
    That's all it says.

Here's a screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/IvTfb6k.png
    Reduced size - https://i.imgur.com/IvTfb6k.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Suckit wrote: »
    That's all it says.

Here's a screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/IvTfb6k.png
    Reduced size - https://i.imgur.com/IvTfb6k.png?1

Again, this looks like you disputed a charge/transaction and BPN Paribas investigated it and now charges you for that.

Have you ever disputed a credit card charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Suckit wrote: »
    Got on to live chat. They couldn't help because I don't have my 10 digit number that is on my missing card.

Looks like I may never find out what the charge was for.

If you don't know what the charge is for and they are refusing to explain it, maybe just tell them you are disputing that charge and want them to refund it unless they can clearly explain what it is for.

Because you don't have your bank card is not a valid reason to refuse explaining a charge, they should then suggest another authentication method (they are in the business of remote banking, since they don't have branches they must have a backup solution even when the customer doesn't have their card and doesn't have access to the App).

Again, this looks like you disputed a charge/transaction and BPN Paribas investigated it and now charges you for that.

Have you ever disputed a credit card charge?
    No, I don't think so. I have never had reason to.
    Bob24 wrote: »
    If you don't know what the charge is for and they are refusing to explain it, maybe just tell them you are disputing that charge and want them to refund it unless they can clearly explain what it is for.

Because you don't have your bank card is not a valid reason to refuse explaining a charge, they should then suggest another authentication method (they are in the business of remote banking, since they don't have branches they must have a backup solution even when the customer doesn't have their card and doesn't have access to the App).
    They suggested the number of the ID that I used to register. I used my Passport which expired last year and I have since got a new one. They have told me I will need to send that in to them.

I don't really mind anymore. I am going to try and transfer most of my money out or buy Prizebonds with a lot of it (something I was thinking about anyway), I was just wondering what the charge was for. I've been with them from early days and never had any issues with them. But after experiencing what it might be like if I had any real issues, I might just use the card attached to amazon to buy the odd item.

EDITED
    I see they are offering up to 10% cashback on booking.com
    Traveling and spending your cash abroad is already hassle-free with N26, all thanks to free card payments in currencies all over the world and no foreign transaction fees. And in time for the upcoming holiday season, your N26 Mastercard also gives you more—you can now get up to 10% cashback when you book a place to stay through Booking.com.*

Here’s how it works:

Head to the Booking.com/N26offer page.

Log in to your Booking.com account via the special offer page, and choose your dates and accommodation.

Enter your personal details, adding your N26 Mastercard as the payment method.

Your cashback will be credited to your card at least 64 days after you complete your stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I've been using N26 with a couple of years now. I transfer in €800 a month and just revolut for general day to day expenses. I still have an AIB account where most bills and mortgages come from.

I also use Revolut for all online purchases.

Is there any good reason or benefit to keep both N26 and Revolut. Thinking I could just use Revolut exclusively for the same purpose I use N26.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Is there any good reason or benefit to keep both N26 and Revolut. Thinking I could just use Revolut exclusively for the same purpose I use N26.

It's entirely down to your own uses. I have been using both Revolut and N26 from the very beginning, when Revolut only was a prepaid card without account facilities.

When N26 introduced monthly charges, I moved to the Business one, which still is free. I use that for my business expenses, keeping it seperate from my day to day spending.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Thoughts?

N26 is a proper bank with a licence and a government backing that secures your balance of anything goes wrong. Can't remember if it is 50k or 100k, but more than one would have in a current account. Plus it doesn't have any of those top up nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anyone else having issues logging in through the desktop website? Whenever I log in, it asks me to confirm sign in on my phone, but when I enter my password on my phone it just logs me in there and not on the desktop computer, so I can only seem to access it through my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

jester77 wrote: »
    N26 is a proper bank with a licence and a government backing that secures your balance of anything goes wrong. Can't remember if it is 50k or 100k, but more than one would have in a current account. Plus it doesn't have any of those top up nonsense.

It' 100k - and a better option for this reason than revolut imo.

I think I am going to stick with N26 for a bit longer. I never had issus before these, and some of the restrictions aren't helped by my side of things (retired passport). But I am still very much aware that their support is bottom of the barrel stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

Anyone else having issues logging in through the desktop website? Whenever I log in, it asks me to confirm sign in on my phone, but when I enter my password on my phone it just logs me in there and not on the desktop computer, so I can only seem to access it through my phone.

There is an additional push notification on your phone that you have to ok after you enter you N26 app password (or fingerprint).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Marlow wrote: »
    It's entirely down to your own uses. I have been using both Revolut and N26 from the very beginning, when Revolut only was a prepaid card without account facilities.

When N26 introduced monthly charges, I moved to the Business one, which still is free. I use that for my business expenses, keeping it seperate from my day to day spending.

/M

Do they charge for new accounts? No charges on mine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

McGaggs wrote: »
    Do they charge for new accounts? No charges on mine.

Likewise

/M

What monthly charges? I haven't noticed any charge being taken monthly...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

There are no monthly charges, not sure what that poster is on about.

advertsfox wrote: »
    There are no monthly charges, not sure what that poster is on about.

At some point charges for N26 accounts were introduced. Existing accounts stayed free.

That obviously has changed again: https://n26.com/en-de/plans

I haven't looked at it in years, as I moved to N26 Business when the initial changes were made.

If you have had your account long enough, you'd know about this.

/M

At some point charges for N26 accounts were introduced. Existing accounts stayed free.

That obviously has changed again: https://n26.com/en-de/plans

I haven't looked at it in years, as I moved to N26 Business when the initial changes were made.

If you have had your account long enough, you'd know about this.

/M

As far as I know there weren’t ever any monthly fees for non-premium Irish accounts (this isn’t true for all European markets - in some other markets they have had a fee, which I think in most cases would be waived if you used your N26 payment card at least a couple of times a month).

They used to display a monthly fee for Ireland on the website with a promotional statement saying that if you registered before a certain date you’re get free fees for life. But after pushing the deadline a few times they just did away with that and have simply being advertising the service for free.

• Advertisement

They used to display a monthly fee for Ireland on the website with a promotional statement saying that if you registered before a certain date you’re get free fees for life. But after pushing the deadline a few times they just did away with that and have simply being advertising the service for free.

They stopped access to the free account for Ireland for a while at some point and tried to push existing customers to the paid for accounts. But as per my link above, they seem to have abolished that approach. Obviously it hampered uptake.

Either way ... that's neither here nor there.

/M

They stopped access to the free account for Ireland for a while at some point and tried to push existing customers to the paid for accounts.

Any written track record for this? I’ve been with them for a while (since they started run I g their own banking platform) with and Irish account and definitely can’t recall any request to move to a paid account. Just curious when that may have been ...

Any written track record for this? I’ve been with them for a while (since they started run I g their own banking platform) with and Irish account and definitely can’t recall any request to move to a paid account. Just curious when that may have been ...

I could probably dig an email out, if I was bothered. And I've been with them since they pretty much started offering banking in Ireland.

The incentive to move to a paid for account was something with the amount of ATM withdrawals and the likes. But I'm not bothered. Won't make any difference either.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The only fee they introduced for Ireland was a fee for the "optional" mastercard of 2.90€ a month. And that only for those customer would be completing identity verification after 31.03.2017.

That was with version 1.3 on 06/12/2016.

This got changed with 1.4 (can't find date right now) to "waived for customer who sign up now".

And with version 1.8 on 22.06.2018 the charge than got removed again.

Now to the best of my knowledge this fee was only for new customers and not for existing customers.

Now to the best of my knowledge this fee was only for new customers and not for existing customers.

Correct. Existing customers were never affected. I only changed because I was using it for the contracting business I do and N26 Business became available and stayed free. Wasn't going to chance my arm for them changing their mind on existing customers at a later point.

Plus the fact, that I get cash back on N26 Business.

/M

For the last few days my balance and transaction values are blurred out. Anyone have this problem before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

For the last few days my balance and transaction values are blurred out. Anyone have this problem before?

https://n26.com/en-eu/blog/discreet-mode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

It's a feature, tap the eye at the top of the app next to the N26 logo

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭maik3n

Have checked through the thread but things don't seem all that clear and the n26 website says something different too.

Can you top up your n26 account with a visa debit card or will i just have to go with revolut for that kind of facility? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Not possible to top up with a debit card unfortunately

Advertisement