Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Dardania wrote: »
    What's nice about Lime is it uses Apple Pay (so super fast to setup) and you get a nice map at the end. And while they tell you your ride was carbon free...I don't believe that unless they have forced their hunters to switch to a carbon free power source (unlikely).

With voi, they don't have any traction control switched on, nor do they have speed limiting. Whereas I've noticed with Tier in particular, the traction control is awful (you go over a bump, and it backs off for a good half second, jerking you forward each time) and it has this horrible sensation when you're at 20kMh where it drops off the power to get you down, then lets you accelerate again. Basically you can't go flat out, because you'll be jerking backwards and forwards most annoyingly.

With N26, do you have to be on a certain package to get half price?

It seems to be for everyone:
    https://n26.com/en-eu/blog/n26-and-lime-partnership?utm_source=twitter&medium=social&utm_campaign=partnerships&utm_content=blog-post&utm_term=lime

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not in Ireland yet? (Lime)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Mr.S wrote: »
    Not yet.

Free Now (MyTaxi / Hailo fame) are apparently trying to launch a simular service in 2020 though, and if they can you can bet that Lime / Bird will set up shop.

They are annoying things tbh and ruin cities (but still fun to ride)

It’s a fair point - parked irresponsibly they look cat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Dardania wrote: »
    It’s a fair point - parked irresponsibly they look cat

Not just that. In cities where they have became widespread pedestrians are complaining about them because people use them on the sidewalk and you constantly have to watch out for them. Also many occurrences of people hurting themselves and others when they ride them. Not to mention the short lifespan of these things and their batteries which produces a lot of waste, as well as vandalism and the lack of accountably of services providers when it is causing harm (I read that in Marseille some local idiots think it is a fun game to throw them into the sea ... massive environmental damage when corrosion causes chemicals from the battery to be released into the water and no one is held accountable).

They might be fine in the future but I think a first step before introducing them in any city should be to think of how they can integrate with existing traffic (cars, bikes, pedestrians), how they will be secured to prevent vandalism, and set/enforce clear rules for service providers and users alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Was in Berlin myself for the past view days and you can see a positive and negative to them...(lime scooters)

positives been very handy to get from a to b and relatively cheap,there everywhere...literally everywhere so no shortage,app is very good and lets you know where they are and how charged they are.

negative as previously said stuck on the pathway and if you took Dublin as a example to bring it to...it has a lot narrower streets than Berlin so will become even worse,also I seen a man falling off one and looked nasty and it reminded me if they brought it to Dublin the luas tracks would be wide enough to fit the wheels in....I also have a feeling the price of them would be somehow double in Dublin than Berlin...Just it been rip of Dublin.

But anyway back to N26...used it all weekend in Germany...no issues at all and it was good to bring the card home for the weekend :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've had an N26 account since they launched in Ireland but haven't made a lot of use it apart from as a crypto intermediary to Kraken/Coinbase.

My main banking was via PTSB, due a few changes in circumstances and moving to an Invalidity pension the new charges with PTSB we're sticking in my craw.
    As I'm not eligible for a "Basic Banking Account" the charges levied against my reduced income were becoming a little bit rich for an account that's 0% interest and 0 real service.

With that in mind I've switched everything both incoming payments and outgoing DD over to N26.

Also arranging for other savings products to be moved away from TSB over the coming few weeks.
    The notion that a bank would force a customer to maintain an account with €6 a month charge just galls me.

Only issue I can foresee is cash deposits.
    And TbH, I think any issues like that are easily avoided by depositing the rare cheque to my wife and I's joint account and transfer after, same with cash deposits.

Shall likely be opening a student account anyway in the next few weeks and may just milk them all for the freebies :pac: and keep N26 as my main current account from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

A free EBS moneymaker account would solve your cash lodgement issue.

A free EBS moneymaker account would solve your cash lodgement issue.

I don't have an issue tho, I have a joint account with the Mrs that solves it ;) but if I didn't that would certainly be how I'd deal with it.
    But I do take your point, and I actually may have one of those accounts from back when I had a mortgage with EBS.
    Got a letter from them recently regarding PSD2.

Ticketmaster wants to 3D Secure verify my Mastercard (No option for Debit Cards) and keeps failing.

Anybody any idea how to get around this, is it possible in the app? - I have looked but can't find anything. Can't ring Ticketmaster because, well, it's Ticketmaster..

TmFoL2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Suckit wrote: »
    Ticketmaster wants to 3D Secure verify my Mastercard (No option for Debit Cards) and keeps failing.

Anybody any idea how to get around this, is it possible in the app? - I have looked but can't find anything. Can't ring Ticketmaster because, well, it's Ticketmaster..

TmFoL2.jpg

I usually get a notification from N26 to confirm transaction, I go into the app and it shows as a pending transaction and to click on it to confirm

• Advertisement

I usually get a notification from N26 to confirm transaction, I go into the app and it shows as a pending transaction and to click on it to confirm

Yeah, thanks that doesn't seem to be happening for whatever reason..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

TmFoL2.jpg

I had an issue with Revolut and Ticketmaster. I kept verifying it in the app and it would fail on their website. I tried a few times and it worked eventually. Pain in the ass though.

I've been asking @askAIB put getting nowhere, so I've turned to Boards ;)

With the implementation of PSD2, does the AIB credit card payment account accept payments from N26?
    Or are they still rejected outright?

I had an issue with Revolut and Ticketmaster. I kept verifying it in the app and it would fail on their website. I tried a few times and it worked eventually. Pain in the ass though.
    I've tried a load of times, just going to give up now. It's probably not worth the hassle, but thanks.
    I'll contact them to find out what the story is so it doesn't happen next time I try to buy, when I'm not trying to rush for early bird tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

banie01 wrote: »
    I've been asking @askAIB put getting nowhere, so I've turned to Boards ;)

With the implementation of PSD2, does the AIB credit card payment account accept payments from N26?

This appears not to be related to PSD2. If you can pay your AIB credit card bill via a credit transfer or direct debit then AIB should accept all SEPA IBANS.

How are N26 payments being reject by AIB? :confused:

Anyone having issues with the app today?

user1842 wrote: »
    This appears not to be related to PSD2. If you can pay your AIB credit card bill via a credit transfer or direct debit then AIB should accept all SEPA IBANS.

How are N26 payments being reject by AIB? :confused:

AIB reject any deposits to the AIB Visa account originating from non Irish IBANs.
    Or at least they had up until the last time I tried to use N26/Revolut to pay my AIB visa.

At the time AIB confirmed they rejected payment from non Irish IBAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

AIB reject any deposits to the AIB Visa account originating from non Irish IBANs.
    Or at least they had up until the last time I tried to use N26/Revolut to pay my AIB visa.

At the time AIB confirmed they rejected payment from non Irish IBAN.

Yes I just noticed that reading back on the thread. Unfortunately the PSD2 will not help here.

As a credit card account is not technically a payment account it may not come under the reachability requirement of the SEPA end-date regulation (REG 260/2012).

However you could argue that they are breaching the law as you are sending the payment to another SEPA IBAN and they are rejecting it, the purpose of the payment is irrelevant (except for AML/CFT of course). The law is not fully clear here as AIB, as the payee, is a PSP and I suggest you make a complaint to the CCPC about a possible breach of REG 260/2012, Article 3, Paragraph 1.

user1842 wrote: »
    Yes I just noticed that reading back on the thread. Unfortunately the PSD2 will not help here.

This could be some good news for N26 account holders with AIB Visa credit cards :D

AIB Twitter support have just confirmed to me that there is an alternative IBAN for Non-Irish originating SEPA payments.

Transfer to account with your CC Number as the payment reference.
    The IBAN provided by AIB Twitter is
    IE92 AIBK 9301 13999 45304 with your AIB Visa CC as the payment ref:

Now please!
    Please!

Confirm with AIB yourself before transferring any funds to the above account.
    I'm only sharing what AIB support told me via DM, I am not responsible should you transfer anything and lose it.

DYOR and as always confirm before payment people :D

488914.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I use an aib credit card and pay for it through my N26 account. It took me three calls to AIB and testing three different IBANS for it to work but I can now pay off my bill using the N26 account.

I think it depends on who you get through to. The above IBAN is the one that's been working for me for the past few months with my platinum card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Had a payment from N26 to my BOI credit card bounce back, wonder of they too have a different IBAN for non domestic bank accounts?

Had a payment from N26 to my BOI credit card bounce back, wonder of they too have a different IBAN for non domestic bank accounts?
    Sounds like it. The first two IBANS AIB gave me caused the money to bounce back even though AIB swore they would work. The third did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Did you use card number as reference? I use N26 for BOI card all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,411 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Transfer to account with your CC Number as the payment reference.
    The IBAN provided by AIB Twitter is
    IE92 AIBK 9301 13999 45304 with your AIB Visa CC as the payment ref:

Now please!
    Please!

Nice try ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Did you use card number as reference? I use N26 for BOI card all the time

I did - did it work for you?

Will try again.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Nice try ;)

Well I did add
    DYOR and as always confirm before payment people :D

Seriously tho, noone should ever take someone's word on a forum that an IBAN is legit ;)

Well I did add

Seriously tho, noone should ever take someone's word on a forum that an IBAN is legit ;)
    So I shouldnt have given my IBAN to the wife of that prince who died leaving lots of money?? Doh! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JoyOfGood

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JoyOfGood

TmFoL2.jpg

Same happened to me with Revolut. Gave up after two attempts and used my AIB card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭terrarev

I've just started a new job and have given my employer my N26 details for my salary. They tell me they can't process this because the bulk file they send to their bank (BOI) allows for Irish accounts only.
    Does this sound right? I never had an issue with this in my old job and thought SEPA meant the account should be treated the same.

Advertisement