Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Options
1119120121122123125»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

I was just on to n26. Asked if yoi needed to move money to a space to get the interest on metal

You do, need to set up instant savings and move it there

They also said you won't see the option to do that, under finances, unless you're a german address holder

But that'd no true, I have the option.

So sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I’m currently testing out the joint account and having some problems with my Apple Pay payments. I’m in the Canaries at the moment (if that matters) and I’d say 60/70% of transactions are being declined.

Started on the Aer Lingus flight with the terminal asking for a PIN, I had read of some issues with Revolut on Ryanair flights so didn’t think anything of it but since getting over here I haven’t been having a great experience. Revolut seems to work fine.

Anyone else notice similar issues? I know it’s not a local thing as Revolut through Apple Pay has always worked fine over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Flights are always weird ones, I tried to use my BOI CC via Apple Pay and it was declined, physical card didn’t work with contactless (completely dead) but PIN worked OK. Maybe do a support chat and see if there are any attempted TXs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If you have a N26 Mastercard you might be able to participate in a current Mastercard Cashback offer to get 10% cashback (max 5€ per transaction) for up to 25€ cashback in total.

You need to have a VPN set to Germany to register via

https://www.priceless.com/m/shopping/product/182818/mastercard-bonus

All it requires is your Mastercard Number and an e-mail. While it strictly says you need to be a German resident, my German Lufthansa Mastercard got me cashback, so N26 might work too.

The link will only work with a German IP address, otherwise you will be redirected to the general page, so make sure to have a VPN active for the registration. No need for it while shopping.

However, on a similar offer a while ago, Mastercard suffered a data breach of the e-mail addresses and even got a significant fine from the German authorities, so you might want to use a disposable e-mail address!

Maybe someone tries it out and if it works the rest can enjoy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭user302243

All my n26 card numbers were accepted. Did a few transactions today so if it works should see the money in a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭wassie

Thanks for the headsup @Yggr of Asgard.

Easy money if it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

It was not just your email address but the data breach revealed information such as names, payment card numbers, email addresses, home addresses, phone numbers, gender and dates of birth. Nothing was hashed.

Be very, very, careful with your data with them.

First couple lots of cashback landed into my account yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

Loving free money!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just signed up. Thanks Yggr.

Does it expire at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Thanks and when you receive a total of €25 back that's it?

Once you hit 25€ cashback there is no more cashback on the card even if there is time left until the 30th of June.

It's a maximum of 25€ per card with 5€ maximum per transaction, so if you spend more than 50€ online, you still get 5€ which is nice and different to what Visa Cashback does.

However, there is a sentence in the T&C that says "so lange Vorrat reicht" which is sort of, as long as our marketing budget allows us. So, they might stop it early (or stop new registrations) once they notice that there is too much take-up.

Also remember, this is for online payments only, not point of sale or Apple/Google in store. Apple/Google on web sites or Paypal (goods not friends) also seem to work.

Plus, the online store does not need to be in the EU, it can be amazon.co.uk for example too.

Thanks that Clears it up fully 👍

Btw what visa cashback offers are going on?

For Visa, none at the moment afaik, the last one just ended on the 15th. Visa has regular (every quarter) various cashback offers (not as generous), the last one was 2% on all transactions under 20€.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

Is I t easy to move to N26?

Just got a letter from tsb of a increase from €18-€24 a quarter so just wondering is it hassle to switch over. Mortgage etc

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I can confirm it's working via Curve for both online and POS transactions. All Curve transactions on N26 are labelled as online transactions.

Just checked and the rest of the cashback cleared today. Easiest 75 I've made in a while

• Advertisement

Its easy enough, but as its a German bank, some service providers (particularly utilities like energy and mobile/broadband companies) make it difficult to setup direct debits as their systems dont accept non-Irish IBANs. Legally they have to accept and you may have to end up going through a manual process via their customer support.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

We switched our joint account from PTSB but went with Revolut basically because they have an Irish IBAN. If having a DE one doesn't worry you then go with n26.

Downloaded the various direct debit mandates for insurance and mortgage etc and posted them to the various companies and the new DDs came from the new bank account. Have never looked back

Advertisement