Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

camz09 wrote: »
    Is there a significant rise in conversion rate on weekends on N26 like Revolut? I was planning on buying a ticket that's in USD and was gonna use N26 MasterCard, would it be better to do it on a weekday? Can't find info on the app. Thanks!

The are using the MasterCard conversion rates. Not sure how MasterCard sets their rates but you could have a look here and check rates for different days to see if there is a hike on weekends: https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/get-support/convert-currency.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭Sono

Got cashback the other day and the app recognized it as an atm withdrawal, surprised by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

Sono wrote: »
    Got cashback the other day and the app recognized it as an atm withdrawal, surprised by that.

Merchants offering cashback are supposed to indicate in the authorisation request which part of the total amount is payment and which part is cashback. I'm guessing N26 are looking at that data now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Tried to get cashback at Dunnes today using my N26 account - wouldn't do it, not sure if it's a Dunnes issue or N26.

Do you have limits set?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Wheety wrote: »
    Do you have limits set?

Didnt think so - will login and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

Folks, is it possible to lodge an AIB cheque on the N26 account? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

pasquale83 wrote: »
    Nope. No cheques or cash lodgements for N26 Ireland accounts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

pasquale83 wrote: »

Nope.

Do you have a credit card with an Irish bank, as long as it's made out to the card holder you should be able to lodge it to that (if you dont have a traditional Irish bank account).

Similar to the above. Can you use a service like Western Union (or similar) to pay to an IBAN? I'm not looking to do this but would be interested to know if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Similar to the above. Can you use a service like Western Union (or similar) to pay to an IBAN? I'm not looking to do this but would be interested to know if possible.

Costly. But you can always walk into the issuing bank (if it's a brick and mortar bank) and get the cheque paid out.

/M

• Advertisement

See this thread: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057967084/1/#post109784105

Can be done but fees will be very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yesterday evening I transferred money from AIB to N26 and I also transferred some money from N26 to Revolut. None of them have gone through.
    I thought they would go through this morning? I am almost sure I have transferred money on a Friday and received it on the Saturday before.
    I'm not in any rush for it, I just thought it normally goes through on a Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

Just a tip if anyone is interested, apologies if this has been posted before.

I find a quick way of transferring money from my BOI account to my N26 account is to first top up Revolut (instant payment) then transfer it over, usually have the money in my N26 within 3 hours as opposed to the next day.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Just a tip if anyone is interested, apologies if this has been posted before.

I find a quick way of transferring money from my BOI account to my N26 account is to first top up Revolut (instant payment) then transfer it over, usually have the money in my N26 within 3 hours as opposed to the next day.

Yeah, Irish banks seem to queue things up and then send payments in batches. if Revolut do the same, they certainly do it more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

So, as I see discussed above, impossible to set up an online direct debit with N26 and eir. I tried to do a manual 'pay now' with the N26 card though, and it was refused as well. Is that right?

What networks do accept N26, on a sim only plan so happy to jump ship!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

the corpo wrote: »
    So, as I see discussed above, impossible to set up an online direct debit with N26 and eir. I tried to do a manual 'pay now' with the N26 card though, and it was refused as well. Is that right?

What networks do accept N26, on a sim only plan so happy to jump ship!
    Card should work fine, that's how I top my eir sim up.

the corpo wrote: »
    I tried to do a manual 'pay now' with the N26 card though, and it was refused as well. Is that right?

Depends on why it is being refused. Of they are refusing it because it is a non-Irish card it's illegal. But it could be other reasons (for example I don't think it would be illegal for them to refuse debit mastercards in general - although I doubt that is the issue).

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Got an email to input my Tax ID - is this my PPSnumber?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Got an email to input my Tax ID - is this my PPSnumber?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Bob24 wrote: »
    Depends on why it is being refused.

Still not working, just says payment unsuccessful. On chat to eir now, but I don't imagine they'll tell me much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Does anyone know if its possible within the app or the N26 website to view a list of your active direct debits, the way you can in Revolut?

I cant see it in the app

Does anyone know if its possible within the app or the N26 website to view a list of your active direct debits, the way you can in Revolut?

I cant see it in the app

I don’t think it is possible... which is strange as it has been a standard online/mobile banking feature for most banks for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Bob24 wrote: »
    I don’t think it is possible... which is strange as it has been a standard online/mobile banking feature for most banks for ages.

It's a bit of an annoying omission, but they send an email to warn you of an upcoming DD will put you in the red.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Suckit wrote:
    Yesterday evening I transferred money from AIB to N26 and I also transferred some money from N26 to Revolut. None of them have gone through. I thought they would go through this morning? I am almost sure I have transferred money on a Friday and received it on the Saturday before. I'm not in any rush for it, I just thought it normally goes through on a Saturday?

Does it depend on time of day Friday of transaction? That said I think recently it hasn't worked for me either even if I do it early in morning or previous evening. Thought it did before.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Has anyone any experience of getting Garmin pay to work with the n26 account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭Sono

Would it be possible to put the page where the list of companies accepting this account for standing order/direct debit? I can’t seem to find it, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Sono wrote: »
    Would it be possible to put the page where the list of companies accepting this account for standing order/direct debit? I can’t seem to find it, thanks!

There is a thread here:

Direct Debits from Non-Irish Accounts http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057540573

• Administrators Posts: 53,632 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Presumably the IBAN you get for the account from these guys is not Irish?

So transferring to it from an AIB account will be a pain in the bollocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

awec wrote: »
    Presumably the IBAN you get for the account from these guys is not Irish?

So transferring to it from an AIB account will be a pain in the bollocks?

I always transfer from AIB to N26. I usually do it the night before, but you can also do it before 12pm on the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,632 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Suckit wrote: »
    I always transfer from AIB to N26. I usually do it the night before, but you can also do it before 12pm on the same day.

Can you store the details these days or do you need to use the card reader every time still?

Advertisement