Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

jeffk wrote: »
    Just checked and AGAIN I owe virgin media two months at they didn't take it

Said they put my N26 IBAN in, but there's a IE IBAN on my account, clowns

I can imagine some dope changing DE to IE because they think it's a typo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

McGaggs wrote: »
    I can imagine some dope changing DE to IE because they think it's a typo

Thats what I was thinking, ah IBAN ONLY an IE, DE cant be right

Cant ring customer care, cant change it from direct debt :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Thats what I was thinking, ah IBAN ONLY an IE, DE cant be right

Cant ring customer care, cant change it from direct debt :mad:

They are shocking. They'll also charge you a late payment fee to add insult to injury. I'm just moving elsewhere as they've been nothing but hassle to deal with.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

McGaggs wrote: »
    No, it says Virgin Media Ireland Limited on my bank statements.

Pay mine each month via their app with a card and still shows as UPC Ireland.

mosstin wrote: »
    They are shocking. They'll also charge you a late payment fee to add insult to injury. I'm just moving elsewhere as they've been nothing but hassle to deal with.

They can try, listen back to the call with their agent that confirmed the N26 De IBAN was put in

If it wasn't Eir etc giving me 15 Verus 500 on virgin I'd be off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Pay mine each month via their app with a card and still shows as UPC Ireland.

They must only have bothered updating the DD system name when it was upgraded to accept IBANs. Should've informed their staff about it though....

Rang virgin and got through to the usual outside of ireland and the same roundabout attitude, so gave up. (4 bills of this messing between revolut and N26)

Rang back for the usual oh I'm thinking of cancelling with price increase and iban messing, got through to Irish place

Couldn't do enough, even said its a European IBAN and should be taken. Said she will put it in again(thinks someone didn't do it right) and keep an eye on it and gave me Irish number to ring if doesn't come out

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Just got an email telling me that i can get 10% extra if I top up my N26 up to a max of €50

It seems the max topup via card is 150

Maybe a 500 euro from revolut to n26 would work? (Sepa instant)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Virgin Media will not process N26 as a payment method as it’s Germany based.
    I’ve a case in with the CCPC and just waiting on reply.

It’s against European law not to accept it.

Gumbo wrote: »

Ill be ringing the same office the worker is in that told me that when ANOTHER payment fails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just got an email telling me that i can get 10% extra if I top up my N26 up to a max of €50

It seems the max topup via card is 150

Maybe a 500 euro from revolut to n26 would work? (Sepa instant)

The top up function never works for me using the debit card or Google pay, its my biggest gripe about N26 and a few friends have the same issues using different debit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JosephPatrick

Gumbo wrote: »

I completed the paper Direct Debit Mandate earlier in the year and posted it in with no issue. If I log in to My Virgin Media Account and view my IBAN it still says IE at the start but has been coming out of my N26 account fine every month since.

I did contact them at the time via WhatsApp support to double check they had received and updated the IBAN to my DE N26 properly and they said it was fine.

I completed the paper Direct Debit Mandate earlier in the year and posted it in with no issue. If I log in to My Virgin Media Account and view my IBAN it still says IE at the start but has been coming out of my N26 account fine every month since.

I've did contact them at the time via WhatsApp support to double check they had received and updated the IBAN to my DE N26 properly and they said it was fine.

I posted in the form and nothing happened and then rang in and gave it to them.

I got confirmation letter with DE IBAN, but they never took the money, see next month when May is due to come out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I think they did warn me, after filling out and sending in the paper mandate, that the next payment would come out of the original bank account, and would subsequently then change to the N26 account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

I posted in the form and nothing happened and then rang in and gave it to them.

I got confirmation letter with DE IBAN, but they never took the money, see next month when May is due to come out

I also posted them in the mandate and received a text message days later saying my attempt to change my payment method had failed. Simple fact here is that VM don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to standard stuff like this or they actually do and they create confusion to stop people doing it. Either way, I'm an ex customer and won't be returning.

mosstin wrote: »
    I also posted them in the mandate and received a text message days later saying my attempt to change my payment method had failed. Simple fact here is that VM don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to standard stuff like this or they actually do and they create confusion to stop people doing it. Either way, I'm an ex customer and won't be returning.

Its 15 vs 500 for me, so no choice but stick with them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

Did anyone ever experience issues on the likes of Steam or Epic?

I wasn't able to pay with my N26 card due to "region issues".

Conversations with their support was pointless and a waste of time and N26 didn't see where they can help me as they didn't even see it hitting my card/account, so they didn't reject it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

Did anyone ever experience issues on the likes of Steam or Epic?

I wasn't able to pay with my N26 card due to "region issues".

Conversations with their support was pointless and a waste of time and N26 didn't see where they can help me as they didn't even see it hitting my card/account, so they didn't reject it.

Contact steam support again
    They will verify some details and youll be able to use it then.

My revolut was being declined and they resolved.

Oh look my Virgin Media direct debt didnt come out, may give up and just pay as the bill email comes in

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Is n26 you a good account ( forgetting about its charges for a minute)? Is it as good as the likes of Revolut for withdrawing cash from ATMs in non-euro currency as I travel to UK alot. Im not sure if EU citizens have free access to the NHS as visitors to the UK post brexit so its travel insurance would benefit me.Can n26 you be changed back to the free n26 account or must you close the account and open an ordinary n26 free a/c. Thanks for the info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭wassie

I don't think you can downgrade account. As for fees for withdrawing, non-euro etc, it will depend upon what account you are signing up to. Also depends on what level of usage is etc. Its all laid our clearly on their website so you would be best having the N26 and Revolut pages open side by side and comparing for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 random_88

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Is n26 you a good account ( forgetting about its charges for a minute)? Is it as good as the likes of Revolut for withdrawing cash from ATMs in non-euro currency as I travel to UK alot. Im not sure if EU citizens have free access to the NHS as visitors to the UK post brexit so its travel insurance would benefit me.Can n26 you be changed back to the free n26 account or must you close the account and open an ordinary n26 free a/c. Thanks for the info?

You have to sign up for a 12 month contract but can downgrade back to a free after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone thinking of signing up you can currently get a free N26 YOU account for 12 months using the code N26FREEYOU

https://twitter.com/n26/status/1402578040023138310

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

Suckit wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of signing up you can currently get a free N26 YOU account for 12 months using the code N26FREEYOU

https://twitter.com/n26/status/1402578040023138310

That's a graet deal, basically free travel insurance for 12 months.

user1842 wrote: »
    That's a graet deal, basically free travel insurance for 12 months.

Whats the travel insurance like? I know the 'free' one with a BOI Platinum credit card is very poor and pretty much useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

Whats the travel insurance like? I know the 'free' one with a BOI Platinum credit card is very poor and pretty much useless.

Looks very good and includes ski insurance.

https://n26.com/en-de/plans

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

user1842 wrote: »
    Looks very good and includes ski insurance.

https://n26.com/en-de/plans

Medical Emergency limits look a bit low for the USA/Canada - compared to the usually recommended amounts. Not sure how significant this is - or if the usual amounts are just a bit unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Cameraman wrote: »
    Medical Emergency limits look a bit low for the USA/Canada - compared to the usually recommended amounts. Not sure how significant this is - or if the usual amounts are just a bit unnecessary.

I think N26 you has €1,000,000 medical cover .

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

I've seen €2-5 million as the recommended amounts. Not sure if that's over the top though. My last policy had €2 million.

• Advertisement

For the EU that would be fine but €1m isn't a lot in the US healthcare system. This was my concern on these free travel policies that banks offer.

Advertisement