Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    See n26 bring in split bill similar like revolut, Find this a very handy option when out with friends.

It's a great feature, glad they're introducing it

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Is anyone seeing the split bill function on their app already?

cefh17 wrote: »
    Is anyone seeing the split bill function on their app already?

I'm not anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭irishgeo

How's everyone finding n26?

Any issues with a German IBAN?

Any other comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Just an update on the following, still no word from N26 whatsoever, not impressed.

Update #3 Still 0 communication from N26, my new card did arrive this morning but it's not much use 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

irishgeo wrote: »
    How's everyone finding n26?

Any issues with a German IBAN?

Any other comments?

Very good.

No

All good, use it as my salary and savings account as it has the bank guarantee. Have Revolut too for day to day spending but that's more because Revolut seems more possible so easier for transfers/bill sits etc.

N26 are supposed to be launching a credit card here, as soon as I do I'll be cutting my final tie with BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Ah sugar - just discovered that N26 doesn't support outgoing SEPA Instant yet supports incoming SEPA Instant.

Any idea as to whether this will be enabled by them any time soon? I obviously was naïve to think if you had one you had the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭user1842

jester77 wrote: »
    Looks like they will start supporting crypto soon:
    https://financefwd.com/de/n26-serbien/

Haha, let's see what BaFin say about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

user1842 wrote: »
    Haha, let's see what BaFin say about that :)

Giving how N26 now has a BaFin appointed special commissioner due to N26's lack of adherence to basic anti money laundering requirements I would imagine that BaFin will not be happy, especially if the partner for this is in Serbia.

Time will tell but noncompliance with the basic anti money laundering requirements and then crypto might result in some drastic action from BaFin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

N26 Installments is now live. A bit of a strange feature, you buy something between €50 and €500 and then after buying it you can set up a 3-6 month installment plan, N26 will then refund the full amount and then they will take the first installment right away. All sounds a bit convoluted. Don't see anything about interest rates, supposedly you can set up installments for purchases in the last few months, but none of mine showed as eligible.

• Advertisement

N26 Installments is now live. A bit of a strange feature, you buy something between €50 and €500 and then after buying it you can set up a 3-6 month installment plan, N26 will then refund the full amount and then they will take the first installment right away. All sounds a bit convoluted. Don't see anything about interest rates, supposedly you can set up installments for purchases in the last few months, but none of mine showed as eligible.

Annual interest rate of 7.49% to 11.99%

It's only for German customers as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I signed up for free with voucher N26 YOU account. How long realistically before I get the Mastercard?

Their online chat was appalling. First person said I only applied for the ordinary n26 account when I definitely signed up for premium account. Wouldn't answer specific question then cut me off before finished. Second chat was just ok. It took ages to get to chat and then very very drawn out. Considering some of these accounts such as n26 you cost 9.90 per month its not great customer.er service. Also I had to take I'd and face photos 3 times before accepted ( and all were crystal clear).
    Interesting how they don't need to verify your address like irish banks.
    I hope to use it as my main account when kbc leave.
    The free travel insurance underwriters Allianz very welcome.

Inter

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    How long realistically before I get the Mastercard?
    Probably about a week. I'm sorry to hear you had that experience. I'm using N26 for all of my banking now without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

When and why did they put a daily limit of €1000?

I remember a good while back taking €2.4k from an indoor BOI ATM.
    Was looking to do the same during the week but couldn't.

blade1 wrote: »

That might be a security setting on that particular card. In the app, if you go to "Cards", select the one you're using, press "Card settings" and then "Limits", can you increase the limit?

blade1 wrote: »

They introduced new account transaction limits as they are under supervision of a special commissioner of the BaFin at the moment and as part of the Anti-Money laundering requirements high cash withdraws are suspicious:

https://support.n26.com/en-eu/payments-transfers-and-withdrawals/balance-and-limits/what-is-the-maximum-i-can-spend

For Ireland a daily limit of €1,000 applies and then it gets even worse as there is now a weekly limit of €2,500.

But I guess that is still high, giving how bunq for example does now have a 250€ limit because you know anything more is suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 random_88

I have to say I’ve become bored of N26 over the last fees years. Their offering in the Irish (and most other markets) pale in comparison to what they offer in Germany. Where is the pan-European banking we were promised by both them and the EU?

random_88 wrote: »
    I have to say I’ve become bored of N26 over the last fees years. Their offering in the Irish (and most other markets) pale in comparison to what they offer in Germany. Where is the pan-European banking we were promised by both them and the EU?
    That's fair, particularly for trivial things like lodging cash in the same way you'd top up a mobile. I read recently that they'd introduced that service for N26 in Greece though. Maybe they would roll it out in Ireland if uptake of their accounts increased here.

They introduced new account transaction limits as they are under supervision of a special commissioner of the BaFin at the moment and as part of the Anti-Money laundering requirements high cash withdraws are suspicious:

Thanks, I didn't know that. It turns out that the limit on Irish debit cards is even lower (€700 for PTSB and €600 for AIB).

• Advertisement

jrmb wrote: »
    Thanks, I didn't know that. It turns out that the limit on Irish debit cards is even lower (€700 for PTSB and €600 for AIB).

I was able to withdraw €1,000 in one go from an indoor bank of Ireland ATM a few days ago

I was able to withdraw €1,000 in one go from an indoor bank of Ireland ATM a few days ago
    Was that from N26?

With PTSB you can withdraw up to 2200€ a day if you have a branch near as you can take 700€ from any ATM and 1500€ from the new Quick bank machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Was that from N26?

Yeah it's a 1000 now as long as you set the limit to the max in card settings.
    It used to be as much as you want before though.

Was that from N26?

Yea and I only have the basic account

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Which is the best the N26 YOU or the N26 YOU Business account. I'm not sure what benefit one gives over the other apart from ~.10% cashback reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Oh look Virgin Media didnt take the direct debt AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

jeffk wrote: »

I moved it to my wife's Ulster Bank account and set up a standing order straight to her, too much of a hassle with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭FaganJr

jeffk wrote: »

Never happened me, have them at least 2 years now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭5star02707

Maintenance earlier during lunch time but can login now and use the app.

Advertisement