Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭brookville

Looking at the two teams both teams will fancy their chances.
    Tipp have more experience obviously but if we contain breen,mcgrath and forde we definitely have a good chance.
    I don't ever remember the team named as late they must of being going through things in great detail.
    I know some lads disappointed scanlon not starting but murphy is also a good hurler it's a pity someone like conor martin who's being on the panel a few years can't nail down a spot.I'd perfer to see someone like billy ryan ahead of him at this stage.
    Bonner will be a loss for tipp but Mccarthy done some good things the last time these teams met.
    It's a shame aylward is injured he needs as many games as he can get.
    Should be a good atmosphere tomorrow both stands full already hopefully the weather is nice.
    It'd be a fair achievement for cody to win the league when you think of the criticism he was getting after the first 2 matches.
    Best of luck to our 2 teams tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Really impressed with workrate and attitude in wexford.same again will do for me.lger awylard a loss for me.seemed to be getting back to his 15 lwvel with a little more sharpness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Garyp88 wrote: »
    Interesting how tipp have named Mark Russell on the bench. Not featured the last 2 games and was very threatening and effective when bought on against us last time

Not true. He played as a substitute against Limerick so I wouldn't read much into him being named in the same role here.

Tipp team named beatable

Tipperary have one forward which started their last championship game. I realise the pre-match party line is "we'll give them a match" etc. but in reality Kilkenny will win this one with some comfort. How depleted does the opposition have to be before their is conspicuous confidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Powerhouse wrote: »
    Tipperary have one forward which started their last championship game. I realise the pre-match party line is "we'll give them a match" etc. but in reality Kilkenny will win this one with some comfort. How depleted does the opposition have to be before their is conspicuous confidence?

Off with your wheelbarrow to the bookies so KK can be backed at 2/1 - oh and I think we can safely say Jason Forde is one of Tipps first 6 now.

• Advertisement

brookville wrote: »
    It'd be a fair achievement for cody to win the league when you think of the criticism he was getting after the first 2 matches.

It will not be an insignificant achievement to win the League when you look at the starting point but the criticism Cody was getting is not about the League. Will, when the All Ireland final finalists are known in July, Kilkenny be missing for the second year running for the first time since 1997? That's when that criticism will be assessed.

danganabu wrote: »
    Off with your wheelbarrow to the bookies so KK can be backed at 2/1 - oh and I think we can safely say Jason Forde is one of Tipps first 6 now.

Who needs a bookie? Why don't you give me 2/1 and I'll happily throw €200 on with you. You can PM me the details.

Who needs a bookie? Why don't you give me 2/1 and I'll happily throw €200 on with you. You can PM me the details.

:D slow day in the asylum, this fish aint biting ;)

this fish aint biting ;)

Unsurprising really. Talk is easy but it's not so easy to put money where your very considerable mouth is.

Unsurprising really. Talk is easy but it's not so easy to put money where your very considerable mouth is.

Already heavily invested in the game and certainly dont need to be placing 'trust' bets with some random nut job on the internet.

• Advertisement

Already heavily invested in the game and certainly dont need to be placing 'trust' bets with some random nut job on the internet.

Yes, I really believe this.

No needs for bets on this one.winning for me will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Has anyone actually managed to buy a ticket for the townend terrace?

I think the Co Board are shooting themselves in the foot by only releasing the Ted Carroll stand at this stage. The two main stands are full and people think thats the only option left. A lot won't bother traveling cause they don't want to watch the match with the sun in their eyes. I think the crowd will be smaller than it should be as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Best of luck to the hurling and camogie teams tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Almost Famous

Has anyone actually managed to buy a ticket for the townend terrace?

I think the Co Board are shooting themselves in the foot by only releasing the Ted Carroll stand at this stage. The two main stands are full and people think thats the only option left. A lot won't bother traveling cause they don't want to watch the match with the sun in their eyes. I think the crowd will be smaller than it should be as a result.

They are on sale now for €20. I assume it's the decision of the GAA but they left it very late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Yeah found them online and bought them but checked with SuperValu Loughboy just before and they still only had the Ardan Cearbhaill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Super stuff.

TJ was playing a different game to everyone else in the first half.

Deegan superb and the best I've seen him in the corner. Half back line rock solid. James Maher brilliant midfield. Keoghan immense on Maher.

Just a great performance and regardless of it being the league or whatever the progression of some of the players in the first half of this year has totally surprised me. I was delighted with our performance against Cork the first day!!

Great management by Cody. Love how much winning meant as well. Bucks proper loving being up in the stand.

Well done to the camogie team as well. Champagne hurling in the first 10 minutes and then seemed to completely lose momentum. Thought management were shocking slow to make changes when they were clearly out on their feet in the last 15 minutes and then to not have a sub ready for Anne Dalton at the end when she was down with cramp for a good 2 minutes was criminal.

But anyway. Cill Channaigh abú.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭blackwave

Delighted with that win and the nature of it. Hunting in packs, pure doggedness that you would associate with a Cody team and a bit of ruthless streak as well. Only negative I have is how reliant we are on TJ if he gets injured before a big match we would in serious bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

blackwave wrote: »
    Delighted with that win and the nature of it. Hunting in packs, pure doggedness that you would associate with a Cody team and a bit of ruthless streak as well. Only negative I have is how reliant we are on TJ if he gets injured before a big match we would in serious bother.
    Yeah when we saw him go down with an apparently non contact knee injury at the start, how worried were you? I saw the championship disappear from view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭blackcard

Come August, the league title will probably mean very little but for today and the next couple of weeks, it means a lot to the players and fans of both teams. Paddy Deegan gave a man of the match display, the half back line played well, James Maher worked hard, TJ excellent, Walter Walsh had a good second half and Keoghan battled well. Typical of a Cody team, every player gave 100 percent. Fogarty, Scanlon and Blanchfield made a difference when they came on. We obviously don't have the talent that we had but if we could get Richie Hogan back and Ger Aylward fit, we should be competitive. Well done to all concerned, this team are gaining the affection of the fans. Causes of concern are that we are over dependant on TJ for scores, some of our forwards are light, Richie Leahy has still a bit of learning to do. You would also say that other teams weren't putting in the same effort as Kilkenny and have far more scope for improvement. Tipperary in particular have marquee players to come back and along with Galway will be there at the business end of the championship. If there was a transfer market, I would love to buy John McGrath, I just think he is a genius on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Yeah, a very good win. Plenty of spirit in the second half and faultless effort levels. Deegan surprisingly good all through. Padraig struggled on Forde but he's a class operator in very good form.

I was surprised at how poor Tipp were; McCarthy & Connors not up to scratch and the likes of Bubbles and Barrett were way off the pace when introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭kksaints

Good win. Thought Deegan was very impressive. He won a lot of ball and used most of it very well. Forward line improved considerably in the 2nd half compared to the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Charlie69

blackcard wrote: »
    Come August, the league title will probably mean very little but for today and the next couple of weeks, it means a lot to the players and fans of both teams. Paddy Deegan gave a man of the match display, the half back line played well, James Maher worked hard, TJ excellent, Walter Walsh had a good second half and Keoghan battled well. Typical of a Cody team, every player gave 100 percent. Fogarty, Scanlon and Blanchfield made a difference when they came on. We obviously don't have the talent that we had but if we could get Richie Hogan back and Ger Aylward fit, we should be competitive. Well done to all concerned, this team are gaining the affection of the fans. Causes of concern are that we are over dependant on TJ for scores, some of our forwards are light, Richie Leahy has still a bit of learning to do. You would also say that other teams weren't putting in the same effort as Kilkenny and have far more scope for improvement. Tipperary in particular have marquee players to come back and along with Galway will be there at the business end of the championship. If there was a transfer market, I would love to buy John McGrath, I just think he is a genius on the ball.

Agree re John McGrath... one of my favourite players to watch at the moment. Savage result today considering how far Tipp are ahead of us in their development, they really do seem to bring the best out in our lads.. you'd have to think that was a tough one for them to take today but they'll be there or thereabouts come championship.

Becoming a fan of paddy deegan(new jackie)mom for me.great workrate all round.richie colin ger kevin kelly murphy are 5 reallly good ones to add to the mix.training will be competitive before champiobship..

Also sweet win for the camogie.thought for a while cork might pinch it like the all ireland.3 in a row for them.well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭me89

That save from Eoin Murphy was absolutely spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Comerman

Good to see Fogerty answering his critics on here too :-)) to be honest it's hard to see who's going to be replaced when the big guns return, cannot fault any players today their work rate was immense. Deegan is nailing down his place every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Charlie69

20 National Titles in 20 years is some achievement for Brian Cody... unbelievable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭kk.man

I have to say I was one of the doubters in this team and today they proved me so wrong. There is potential all over the field and the younger ones have come of age. I am a believer in swallows and summer theory but that was a Tipp team who weren't playing shadow boxing.
    I never doubted Codys ability and today after coming from nowhere is genus personified.
    I am not saying we will win the all Ireland but we are in a serious position for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭brookville

Great day for kk supporters today well done to all today always nice to beat tipp and to win the league was unexpected at the start of the year.It should hopefully give confidence to next batch of players playing today.
    When we upped things in the second half tipp didn't want to know bout it which was disappointing from their point of view.serious question marks over their goalie and barry at 3.
    I thought walsh struggled at times for us today and looked nervous but our 2 corner men and morrissey who's distribution is excellent were very good.
    Maher had a good second half and mossy never gave up trying.
    I wouldn't get too carried away over today it was a few steps down from championship but delighted with the result and we're on the right road with a couple of big names to come back we're in good shape going into the summer.
    Anyone know how many rounds of club matches are going ahead?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement