Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 2 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Well done to Bennettsbridge also. Quite a remarkable feat for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Well done to Bennettsbridge also. Quite a remarkable feat for them.

Yeah was able to watch these games online, impressive from the bridge in particular to have remained undefeated in so long. Good first half of that match but got a bit cagey in the second

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Irishtv was good production but bias on part of one of the commentators was a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Fantastic day for KK hurling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Very impressed with Jason Cleere so composed in possession for a 19 year old. I would imagine BC will have him on board with the Seniors sooner rather than later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Very impressed with Jason Cleere so composed in possession for a 19 year old. I would imagine BC will have him on board with the Seniors sooner rather than later!

J Cleere, Blanchfield, S Morrisey, R Lennon and AN Other who I can't remember are all in the panel now their done with the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭blackcard

He looks like an extremely skilful hurler and delivers great ball into forwards. The test for him and the other Bridge lads will be the amount of time they get on the ball at senior level. That and the amount of hurling they have done in the last two years. A fifth all ireland at 19 is some going

• Registered Users Posts: 21 KKCATDownUnder

Well done to the Bridge and to Glenmore , fantastic wins . Ye guys were saying you watched it online , is it still available to watch anywhere on line guys ?

Well done to the Bridge and to Glenmore , fantastic wins . Ye guys were saying you watched it online , is it still available to watch anywhere on line guys ?

It was steamed live on Irish TV, I just googled them and the site came up. Dunno if they archive or not but I would assume they do

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Paul Collins from Today FM played a small snippet of an interview with Walter Walsh on The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show this morning. Wally was talking about how there are places up for grabs on the team/panel because Richie Power has retired. He also mentioned that Matthew Ruth has retired as well. Has Ruth retired because of injury? I know he had at least one big operation on his hip.

• Advertisement

J Cleere, Blanchfield, S Morrisey, R Lennon and AN Other who I can't remember are all in the panel now their done with the club.

The first 3 named there are only 19 and have done an incredible amount of hurling with Kierans, the 'bridge and the county underage over the last two years pretty much without a break, is it not a year or 2 too early to be subjecting them to Senior inter-county training?

Paul Collins from Today FM played a small snippet of an interview with Walter Walsh on The Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show this morning. Wally was talking about how there are places up for grabs on the team/panel because Richie Power has retired. He also mentioned that Matthew Ruth has retired as well. Has Ruth retired because of injury? I know he had at least one big operation on his hip.

He must have seen that the writing was on the wall as well though. Had a huge number of chances to make the team, had great work rate but just wasn't up to the standard needed.

Very unlucky to have had that winning point against Waterford disallowed a few years ago when the ref blew the final whistle when the shot was in mid air. Would have been cool to be able to say you got the last second score to win it, but the ref wanted his extra time...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭unrealtime

Blanchfield is young but I think that he is a real gem. I would like to see him get a few matches in the league as a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭brookville

Although blanchfield is very young i think he has a good bit to go i wouldn't be rushing him into the senior set up.What kind of team would people like to see sunday? Personally I'd like to see some fresh faces because I think we need to unearth two or three players that can push for a starting spot

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

brookville wrote: »
    Although blanchfield is very young i think he has a good bit to go i wouldn't be rushing him into the senior set up.What kind of team would people like to see sunday? Personally I'd like to see some fresh faces because I think we need to unearth two or three players that can push for a starting spot

Yeah, i'd want to see a few changes and i think there has to be considering all the changeover in personnel this past few years.

I look at league as a good opportunity to blood new players and see what they are like.

I want to see Kevin Kelly and Chris Bolger get a good run this season..if they grabs it is another thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bulldog 12

Anyone with teams they would like to see out Sunday.
    Any injuries?
    Will E.Murphy play also?

james maher is going very well for ucd.kevin kelly and john power have being poor for their respective teams.id imagine glenmore and bbridge get the week off.john joe farrell walter walsh will probably start up front and maybe malone from mullinavat, brian kennedy, lester, mark kelly will all be in the picture . hopefully some fresh talent will be unearthed

The first 3 named there are only 19 and have done an incredible amount of hurling with Kierans, the 'bridge and the county underage over the last two years pretty much without a break, is it not a year or 2 too early to be subjecting them to Senior inter-county training?

Well I didn't call them into the panel it was Mr Cody, I would assume none of them will see any game time unless they hurl out of their skin's.They will get to train with the seniors and play U21 which will bring them on and they may get a shot in the next few years if their hurling is up to the standard.

Well I didn't call them into the panel it was Mr Cody, I would assume none of them will see any game time unless they hurl out of their skin's.They will get to train with the seniors and play U21 which will bring them on and they may get a shot in the next few years if their hurling is up to the standard.

Did i say you called them into the panel? This is a discussion forum, i put the question out there for general discussion!!

Did i say you called them into the panel? This is a discussion forum, i put the question out there for general discussion!!

I would have thought the baby jesus would be a bit more relaxed. I think his point was it sounded like you were criticising tbiggertycome for suggesting they be brought in. That was my impression as well tbh. But no worries.

As it happens I think you might be right. With all the talk of burnout etc there would be a risk of them over-training at the exact time that people all over the country are complaining that it is lads their age that show promise that end up playing on and training with way too many teams. Especially if the seniors are being flayed in training at the moment, it could be a problem. In the medium term though I would imagine the training will bring them on hugely, I doubt there's plans to use any of them this year, probably not even next year. So it's hard to know really.

• Advertisement

You did not

Just to clarify I contribute to this thread because I think some of the stuff I hear about the team is interesting. I don't try and take the piss out of people or belittle them you can read through my old posts if you need proof. I wasn't having a go at you. I was merely telling you that it wasn't my opinion that they're being called in, but a fact from a first hand source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

how are we expecting the team to line out sunday

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    how are we expecting the team to line out sunday

I don't know who is fit but will guess the following team.
    Richie Reid
    Paul Murphy
    Joey Holden
    Shane Prendergast
    Padraig Walsh
    Kieran Joyce
    Conor Fogarty
    Lester Ryan
    Walter Walsh
    Richie Hogan
    TJ Reid
    Kevin Kelly
    Colin Fennelly
    Chris Bolger

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭10 Carrolls

G'wan, tell us the last one as well.

blackcard wrote: »
    Richie Reid
    Paul Murphy
    Joey Holden
    Shane Prendergast
    Padraig Walsh
    Kieran Joyce
    Conor Fogarty
    Lester Ryan
    Walter Walsh
    Richie Hogan
    TJ Reid
    Kevin Kelly
    Colin Fennelly
    Chris Bolger

Only playing two half backs. That's serious confidence.

Just kidding, I dunno what the team will be like, not familiar with the young players right now. But that team looks seriously strong. Not saying you're wrong though, it's important to start very strong in the league nowadays or you can wind up in a relegation battle so fast your head would spin.

blackcard wrote: »
    Richie Reid
    Paul Murphy
    Joey Holden
    Shane Prendergast
    Padraig Walsh
    Kieran Joyce
    Conor Fogarty
    Lester Ryan
    Walter Walsh
    Richie Hogan
    TJ Reid
    Kevin Kelly
    Colin Fennelly
    Chris Bolger

Likewise don't know who's fit or injured other than Joe Lyng and Get Aylward.

Richie Reid (give Murphy a rest)
    Paul Murphy, Joey Holden, Jackie Tyrrell
    Padraig Walsh, Cillian Buckley, Brian Kennedy
    Conor Fogarty, Lester Ryan
    Walter Walsh, Richie Hogan, TJ Reid
    Kevin Kelly, Colin Fennelly, Chris Bolger
    Subs
    JJ Farrell
    Mark Kelly
    John Power
    Michael Fennelly
    Brian Kennedy
    Conor O'Shea
    Kieran Joyce
    Shane Prendergast
    Michael Malone

Something like this is what I would have but I ain't no Brian Cody

I'd expect a strong team to be named.Michael fennelly and joe lyng are injured other than that everyone will be mad to get going.its all about blooding players with the more experienced lads.id like to see 3 or 4 newcomers sunday.its impossible to guess the team but something like richie reid in goal,evan coady,joey, pender, walsh, joyce, kennedy, fogarty, lester,walter, richie, james maher, kevin kelly, john joe, bolger

G'wan, tell us the last one as well.

Cillian Buckley. I wouldn't mind seeing James Maher getting a run in the forwards either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭robwen

I`d imagine Mick Rice will be involved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement