Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anker Premium Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (A3143) - 40% Off @ £23.99 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

banchang wrote: »
    My advice : don't mither over ~<Eur10 : go get this amazing piece of kit.

The sound, build, battery life, & overall quality from its 2 x 10w speakers is absolutely incredible, when you think what they charge for a Sonos.

Having both this and the Sonos Play 1, the Anker doesn't even compare IMO. It's a great portable speaker but the Sonos is outstanding. Clarity difference between the two is very noticeable. Also no distortion on the Sonos at high volumes. Yes, the Sonos is four times the price, but you really do get an outstanding speaker for the money.

Both don't get me wrong, the Anker is a fantastic portable speaker in its own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 westside

100% agree. I have the Sonos 3 and its in a different league. I was using the Anker a good bit over the weekend and think its a great little speaker and well worth €50 - its a pity about the distortion at the lower levels but if you are listening to it at 'normal' volumes it is great and it looks great. Anyone know if you can buy a skin for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

westside wrote: »
    100% agree. I have the Sonos 3 and its in a different league. I was using the Anker a good bit over the weekend and think its a great little speaker and well worth €50 - its a pity about the distortion at the lower levels but if you are listening to it at 'normal' volumes it is great and it looks great. Anyone know if you can buy a skin for this?

Don't know of any skin for it, but I listed some case options here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99098907&postcount=137

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

i got mine yesterday, when i connect to bluetooth, opening applications on phone i get abit of static, also say if i connect chromecast audio to the line in, when nothing is playing alot of static and it seems to be doing it no matter what the volume is set at on the anker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Surfn wrote: »
    i got mine yesterday, when i connect to bluetooth, opening applications on phone i get abit of static, also say if i connect chromecast audio to the line in, when nothing is playing alot of static and it seems to be doing it no matter what the volume is set at on the anker

I'd give them a mail, mentioning the batch number as advised earlier on this thread..
    Mine doesn't have this issue, though haven't tested line in yet.

My impressions so far:

Great wee speaker for €40-odd
    Never expected it to be a Sonos-killer or anything, but it has decent volume and sound quality..

It will be handy for taking to a hotel room on trips etc, and to cast laptop sound to at home when I don't fancy firing up the big speakers..

Highly recommended at the price (was £33 on lightning deal)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Available again with case for 40gbp (around €47)

Obviously not as good as £24, but a decent enough price if your in the market for one

(Cant link because Im on the app)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Anyone selling a spare or looking to sell their own?

I'm going travelling and looking to pick up a cheap enough travel speaker.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭SteM

If you can't pick one up I'd recommend this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01AN7BFOO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469042925&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=aukey+speaker&dpPl=1&dpID=51K-8fHditL&ref=plSrch

It's not as good as the anker but the sound is still good imo, it's lighter than the anker, it's splash proof and the battery lasts for ages. It's cheaper too. I have both and I'm happy to bring the aukey out with me on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

I got mine yesterday, im so disappointed. I expected the sound to be really clear, but its not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭SteM

mel123 wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday, im so disappointed. I expected the sound to be really clear, but its not

Maybe you got a faulty unit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

SteM wrote: »
    Maybe you got a faulty unit?

Possibly. I will email them and see if they will exchange for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Love Anker's stuff.
    Got Bluetooth earphones and they easily beat any other Bluetooth earphones i've had.

Love Anker's stuff.
    Got Bluetooth earphones and they easily beat any other Bluetooth earphones i've had.

I was looking at them a few days ago. Which ones did you get

41gBs4TtrcL._SX425_.jpg

or

41%2BVhFIG61L._SX425_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thanks.

Adverts.ie is your friend......

• Registered Users Posts: 48 westside

Thanks.

this is big enough, not sure i would want to be lugging this around. i would recommend you go with something lighter and more rugged if travelling. I have it but if you can stretch to the UE roll I think this would be better for travelling. it has good sound, its light and waterproof

There's a white speaker available to buy now! Not sure how long its on sale.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Wireless-Bluetooth-Radiators-Subwoofers/dp/B01D9JG5RK

41VdNlXY85L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

mel123 wrote: »
    Possibly. I will email them and see if they will exchange for me.

One thing Anker have is excellent customer service.

I had the distortion problem on low volumes with my speaker when I got it and contacted them. They just sent out another one and didn't want the first one returned. Unfortunately the second one seemed to have the same problem but I didn't send it back. The sound is absolutely fantastic out of them. As clear as day with nice controlled bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I bought one of these when it was originally posted and just wondering is there anything similar available now around the same price?
    I have been keeping an eye on the Anker for the last while and price hasnt really changed so looking for a good alternative with similar spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone get the crea case for the Anker speaker from Amazon.co.uk? every time I look for it it says it doesnt ship to Ireland for some reason, anyone know where to get one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone get the crea case for the Anker speaker from Amazon.co.uk? every time I look for it it says it doesnt ship to Ireland for some reason, anyone know where to get one?

Use parcel motel or similar service

Use Parcel Wizard/Motel?

I bought mine from ebay, they ship to Ireland.

I outlined all the postage and case options starting with this post, scroll down to see the other options....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99098907#post99098907

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Ive had this in my basket(without the case)for a couple of months and it has stayed around 43 pounds sterling..does anyone think it might drop a bit lower around cyber monday or is this as low as it will go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Ive had this in my basket(without the case)for a couple of months and it has stayed around 43 pounds sterling..does anyone think it might drop a bit lower around cyber monday or is this as low as it will go?

I have the Anker speaker and this Veho one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JHAJM0S

I prefer the Veho speaker as it looks a lot better and to my ears, sounds a lot better too.

The lightning deal is 39.99GBP and say it was previously 49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

The lightning deal is 39.99GBP and say it was previously 49.99

Down to 32.99 on a lightning deal right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Title of the thread could be changed

• Advertisement

Title of the thread could be changed

Ask a mod, the edit button is long gone for me to do it!

Advertisement