Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anker Premium Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (A3143) - 40% Off @ £23.99 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

Has this price come up since? On the lookout for something like this to replace loads of crappy small ones. Not such a bargain at £40 though. I set up a camelcamelcamel alert but that doesn't pick up daily deals like this one

Read the first post and you'll seee why its a bargain at even £40.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Doge wrote: »
    Read the first post and you'll seee why its a bargain at even £40.

I agree, just the bargain Hunter in me, I'd hate to pay the £40 and the it drop back to £24! Might leave the alert for a week or two and see if it moves

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

noticing some definite distortion at low volumes on mine; I normally use it fairly loud but it's still noticeably distorted as songs fade out. Has anyone returned one of these - who did you go through, Amazon or Anker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

brightkane wrote: »
    How do you know when it's fully charged when charging folks?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭corkie

How do you know when it's fully charged when charging folks?
    Anyone?

The led light goes off when fully charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

loyatemu wrote: »
    noticing some definite distortion at low volumes on mine; I normally use it fairly loud but it's still noticeably distorted as songs fade out. Has anyone returned one of these - who did you go through, Amazon or Anker?

I went through Anker, they usually send out a replacement and let you keep the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Looking to get one of these is it worth waiting for the price to come down or will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Looking to get one of these is it worth waiting for the price to come down or will it?
    There's a fairly highly rated Sony speaker reduced on Amazon at present if you are anxious to get a speaker sharpish. £34.50

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

duridian wrote: »
    There's a fairly highly rated Sony speaker reduced on Amazon at present if you are anxious to get a speaker sharpish. £34.50

Would this speaker or the original be practical for playing music through spotify for a home gym??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Yes.

Wait until 5 pm today (Sunday) and it will be a Deal of the Day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Where are you seeing this can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Where are you seeing this can't find it

They're right.
    But I think there's no way to show you a direct link until the price changes at 5pm.

Click on "Today's deals" near the top of Amazon.co.uk homepage, then filter them down to "Electronics & photos" by ticking the box in the panel to the left. Scroll down through them, it's about 36 items down the list at time I am posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

It's coming up now at £33.90... Got to be worth a punt...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

new.png?force=1&zero=0&w=725&h=440&desired=false&legend=1&ilt=1&tp=all&fo=0&lang=en

There's £5 off this speaker at the moment down to £34, was a little bit cheaper last month too.

I do think it's quite cheeky on Amazons part to say it's currently 43% off because they only ever raise it to a maximum price for a couple of days a year and the rest of the time it's on "sale"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Yes.

Thanks for the heads up..
    Bit dearer than the original BA, and I'm sure it will drop lower at some stage, but based on the reviews, I reckon it still qualifies as a bargain at £33.90

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Just ordered one. Works out at €44 so worth the punt on it..

I have one its awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭The lips

Thanks for the heads up.

I paid £40 for it last week.

I called them and they will happily refund the difference.

I am really happy with the sound, it blows my old ue boombox I got on a previous BA out of the water.

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

My advice : don't mither over ~<Eur10 : go get this amazing piece of kit.

The sound, build, battery life, & overall quality from its 2 x 10w speakers is absolutely incredible, when you think what they charge for a Sonos.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 westside

Anyone know how it will compare to the below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-Portable-Premium-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00NBXJ9NW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462133543&sr=8-1&keywords=denon+envaya+mini

I am looking for a reasonable good speaker and don't want to pay a premium for the likes of the Bose Soundlink mini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Above is only 8w speaker and Anker is 20w so much better imo

Sasso wrote: »
    Cheers Sasso
    Pulled the trigger on the Anker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Missed it again aagggghhh :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mine has the distortion at low volumes problem. Contacted Anker and customer service was great. Sent me out a replacement and told me to keep/ throw the old one out. Unfortunately the replacement has the same issues too.

Great customer service but quality control seems an issue with the speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Sasso wrote: »
    Not sure about the sound quality of any of these but please don't base your purchase decision on advertised watts as it has nothing to do with sound quality. You need to listen the two to see which is better. And as you normally can't you'll need to read reviews to decide.

Ordered one and recieved it today. Nice speaker to look at. Sound is good for ~eur 50 ( I didn't get it on sale). It seems to struggle at very low levels but is good at mid range levels although I would like a little more bass. Build looks to be good n solid. It's quite heavy so if you are bring a laptop/iPad/ plugs etc, it will add to the weight of your bag. It goes without saying that the sound quality at certain levels (low and high) won't compare to the Bose Soundlink but it's a quarter of the price and definitely more bang for your buck. Hope that helps people who are looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Mine's on the way - hopefully have it Mon/Tue..

Anyone who received theirs recently got any feedback?

Hoping I'm not one of those affected by the distortion issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

I got one about three weeks ago
    Speaker is great for the price, looks really well
    No distortion issues

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

adox wrote: »
    Mine has the distortion at low volumes problem. Contacted Anker and customer service was great. Sent me out a replacement and told me to keep/ throw the old one out. Unfortunately the replacement has the same issues too.

Great customer service but quality control seems an issue with the speaker.

Can you please give me email of anker support mine has a hiss and high pitched noise, apart from that it's a nice speaker, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

chris1970 wrote: »
    Can you please give me email of anker support mine has a hiss and high pitched noise, apart from that it's a nice speaker, cheers

Just log in to your Amazon account, find your order for it and take it from thre. It will direct to direct contact with Anker.

Advertisement