Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anker Premium Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (A3143) - 40% Off @ £23.99 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭corkie

Looks like there's a different model under this stock code now.

Anker Portable Stereo Bluetooth Speaker (A7909) with Breakthrough 24-Hour Battery, 10W Portable Wireless Speaker with Dedicated Bass Port for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)

anker-a7909-bluetooth-speaker-1.jpg?itok=BkDclFqS

A review for it

I prefer the look of the one from the OP.

Also the reviews on amazon are for the the original model at that link.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

The new one is 10W and the old model 20W, no? More bang for your buck on the old model, in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

I seem to have an annoying problem with my speaker!

If I set the volume over half way some tracks make this nasty sound caused by vibration in the case.

Its caused by mid range frequencies, so i downloaded a tone generator app and sent a video to anker:

As you can see squeezing the case remedies the problem temporarily so it's definitely an issue with vibration.

Looking forward to hearing back to them, I've only heard positive things about their customer service.

To add insult to injury the 12V Powerdrive charger seems to have blown a fuse in the father's car! I seem to be having bad luck today! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

The speaker is only available in Canada and Japan on amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Got mine yesterday and I'm happy enough with it, especially for the price. Has anyone noticed when after you stop playing something, the speaker keeps making the bluetooth disconnect/connect sound every minute or so? That's my only gripe with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Thanks OP

Great sound for the size of it. My daughter is going to wet herself on Xmas morning and I'll need some earplugs 😀

W

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Missed out on this after forgetting it was in my basket :mad:

Can anyone recommend a good deal or is it still worth going for the Anker?

Been looking at this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluedio-BS-3-Bluetooth-Revolution-Retail-Gift/dp/B00YU4CNBG/ref=sr_1_3?s=network-media&ie=UTF8&qid=1449016450&sr=1-3&keywords=bluedio

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Missed out on this after forgetting it was in my basket :mad:

Can anyone recommend a good deal or is it still worth going for the Anker?

Been looking at this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluedio-BS-3-Bluetooth-Revolution-Retail-Gift/dp/B00YU4CNBG/ref=sr_1_3?s=network-media&ie=UTF8&qid=1449016450&sr=1-3&keywords=bluedio

The bluedio only has half the power output of the Anker -10 watts compared to the ankers 20 watts.

I think it would be worth paying the extra £10 for the anker.

Its back in stock in a week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Doge wrote: »
    The bluedio only has half the power output of the Anker -10 watts compared to the ankers 20 watts.

I think it would be worth paying the extra £10 for the anker.

Its back in stock in a week.

Audio output is a log calculation not straightforward simple math, i.e. to double the sound level of 10wRMS you need 100wRMS (simple example as the speaker sensitivity needs be factored in also), the difference between 10wRMS and 20wRMS is negligible.
    What you really want to know is the decibel output, 60db is you and me talking, 110db is shouting into your ear.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Audio output is a log calculation not straightforward simple math, i.e. to double the sound level of 10wRMS you need 100wRMS (simple example as the speaker sensitivity needs be factored in also), the difference between 10wRMS and 20wRMS is negligible.
    What you really want to know is the decibel output, 60db is you and me talking, 110db is shouting into your ear.

I doubt the specified output is RMS, I reckon its just the Peak value.

The decibel output is 105db in a youtube video that measured it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Arrived without sealed plastic wrapping. Ordered an Anker battery at the same time which came sealed. Hope the speaker is not recycled stock.

eman66 wrote: »
    Arrived without sealed plastic wrapping. Ordered an Anker battery at the same time which came sealed. Hope the speaker is not recycled stock.

There was no plastic seal on any of the items I ordered. They're shipped in blue and white boxes as i showed in a previous post. I doubt its recycled stock, they probably just seal the batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

There was no plastic seal on any of the items I ordered. They're shipped in blue and white boxes as i showed in a previous post. I doubt its recycled stock, they probably just seal the batteries.

Mine also came in the blue and white box with the speaker wrapped in a white foam now its in as new condition but it's not brand new it didn’t have the " aroma" if i could put it that way of been brand new but what the heck for 30 odd euro who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mine also came in the blue and white box with the speaker wrapped in a white foam now its in as new condition but it's not brand new it didn’t have the " aroma" if i could put it that way of been brand new but what the heck for 30 odd euro who cares

There was no reference to it being b stock and it was sold as new, so it had better be new when santa brings mine!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭SteM

Picked up one of the battery packs at the same time. Might be my imagination but it seems to charge the phone quicker than my mains charger.

SteM wrote: »
    Picked up one of the battery packs at the same time. Might be my imagination but it seems to charge the phone quicker than my mains charger.

It uses Power IQ technology which claims to charge supported devices faster.

It can detect the model of the device you are charging.

It uses Power IQ technology which claims to charge supported devices faster.

It can detect the model of the device you are charging.

It's great value for €10.50!

Back on sale for £44.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

SteM wrote: »

Could you post a link to that charger please?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

magicmoves wrote: »
    Back on sale for £44.99

and the original price is shown as £99.99 which I'm sure it wasn't when sold for £23.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

If anyone is not using theirs, I'm interested! How is the current deal 40% @44.99 when the other offer was 40% @ 23.99?

Could you post a link to that charger please?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJQLKNK?tag=hotukdealsev-21

It's £17.99 now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Simona1986 wrote: »
    If anyone is not using theirs, I'm interested! How is the current deal 40% @44.99 when the other offer was 40% @ 23.99?

It was originally selling at £39.99

Still not a bad price and free delivery to Ireland:

Deliveries to the Republic of Ireland

Orders including £25 or more (including local VAT) of eligible items from any product category qualify for FREE Delivery. Items will be delivered 3-5 days after dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can anyone recommend a cheap mains charger to use with this speaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Alkers

Toxica wrote: »
    It was originally selling at £39.99

So 44.99 should not be marketed at 40% off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

Tusky wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a cheap mains charger to use with this speaker?

Any decent phone charger, 5V/1.5A

• Advertisement

They've released a new speaker yesterday called the Soundcore, currently priced at €37.50

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Dual-Driver-Connection-Incredible-Microphone/dp/B016MO90GW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449170726&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+soundcore

3W drivers this time but it has upto 24 hours battery life and a Mic for handsfree calls.

So its more comparable with the other Anker speaker.

Advertisement