Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two free Odeon tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I emailed them from my Gmail account last week and the codes were sent to me within a couple of hours. Didn't have to verify any details. I have an unusual name though so maybe that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Got my email this morning with codes after emailing yesterday.
    Am I supposed to just show the email at Odeon and they issue two tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can order online and use the promo code on step 3, or you can show the code to the cashier in the cinema when you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

If someone has a pair of codes that they won't be using (expiring 7/2/2016) I would love to use them.
    TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭georgem25

I just walked in with mine, they scanned a barcode and keyed in the codes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

does it work for every day of the week?

Yep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Do all ticket codes expire on 7/2/2016?

Tinie wrote: »
    Do all ticket codes expire on 7/2/2016?

According to the T&Cs yes. One work around might be to order online beyond the 7th.

• Advertisement

jive wrote: »
    According to the T&Cs yes. One work around might be to order online beyond the 7th.

Yep works for preordering tickets past that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Great!
    I was annoyed I wouldn't get to use the codes as can't get in before the 7th!
    Will preorder :)
    I was one of the eejits who genuinely collected the papers too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Great news! Thanks for the heads up on this :) Was able to advance book Deadpool which comes out after the expiry date :p

Also, in case anyone is looking for a film to see, I highly recommend The Big Short ;)

Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

rustyzip wrote: »
    Great!
    I was annoyed I wouldn't get to use the codes as can't get in before the 7th!
    Will preorder :)
    I was one of the eejits who genuinely collected the papers too!

You're not the only one, albeit my brother got the papers, but i paid for the postage:p

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terriepodonnell

Hi.

I have two codes and am trying to use one for a showing in Odeon Charlestown tomorrow.

The two options presented are "use promo code" or "use odeon gift card".

I am using the "Use promo code" but when I enter either of the two codes and click apply, I get

"Ooops!!! This voucher is not valid for this show and/or your seat+ticket selection.
    Error Code: V-AO2-9 C-806 Debug Id: fda87dd3 Retry"

I am booking a regular 2d movie.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Terrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Anyone know how far ahead you can book these?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Hi.

I have two codes and am trying to use one for a showing in Odeon Charlestown tomorrow.

I am using the "Use promo code" but when I enter either of the two codes and click apply, I get

"Ooops!!! This voucher is not valid for this show and/or your seat+ticket selection.

Many thanks,

Terrie.

I got that when I was selecting a "Teen (13-17)" ticket. When I changed it to an adult ticket it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

As these are expiring soon, if anybody has any going spare that they won't be using, I'd be very grateful! Cheers.

As these are expiring soon, if anybody has any going spare that they won't be using, I'd be very grateful! Cheers.

Just following on from this; they expire soon, but anyone with ticket codes; you can use them to prebook tickets weeks from now through the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Hi terriepodonnell,
    I am getting the same error you mentioned when I try to book , did you got this sorted?

thx,
    kpn
    Hi.

Many thanks,

Terrie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

If this is 3D or premier you can't use this codes.

Ok.
    I tried only 2D (star wars), still getting the same error.

I just used two of my codes to book 2 tickets for Spotlight on Sunday, no problems.

Try a different browser maybe?

kpn wrote: »
    Ok.
    I tried only 2D (star wars), still getting the same error.

star wars and mocking jay are excluded from the offer also

I tried on different laptops on different browsers but still getting the same error.
    But I only tried booking the tickets for 'star wars' . May be this movie is excluded from the offer as Jive mentioned.

Is anyone booked the tickets for star wars using the promo code?

thx

Just got the confirmation from the sunplus promo codes team that as Jive mentioned Star wars and mocking jay are excluded from the promo codes offer.

Thanks Jive.

rgds
    kpn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Mr E wrote: »
    You can order online and use the promo code on step 3, or you can show the code to the cashier in the cinema when you get there.
    georgem25 wrote: »
    I just walked in with mine, they scanned a barcode and keyed in the codes

I got a bollocking from the cashier at Blanch when I showed him the email on my phone.

I don't have a printer at home and didn't notice that the T&C said it had to be printed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Valentina wrote: »
    I got a bollocking from the cashier at Blanch when I showed him the email on my phone.

I don't have a printer at home and didn't notice that the T&C said it had to be printed :confused:

I got a set and so did my boyfriend and we both just showed the code on our phones. They took the codes, scanned some barcode from a folder, inputted our codes and bobs your uncle.

They 10000% do not need to be printed.

PS These expire on the 7th (Sunday coming) so use them by Sunday or preorder online for a future date before Sunday!

I have two spare which it looks like I'm not going to use. PM if you will definitely use them by tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I have two spare which it looks like I'm not going to use. PM if you will definitely use them by tomorrow night.

Pm'd

Advertisement