Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two free Odeon tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Has anyone heard anything back from emailing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭893bet

; so.

I work in a bar and we buy 5 newspapers a day. Guess it will be four from how on. Might even replace sun with the mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

893bet wrote: »
    ; so.

I work in a bar and we buy 5 newspapers a day. Guess it will be four from how on. Might even replace sun with the mail.

Whoa... Let's not get carried away now. The Mail is a monster of a paper.

Just a heads up, I emailed the irish sun a few days ago and today got my codes today. Might be worth trying that if people are still waiting on the codes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Just a heads up, I emailed the irish sun a few days ago and today got my codes today. Might be worth trying that if people are still waiting on the codes!

What's the email address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

GBX wrote: »
    What's the email address?

Actually probably one of these...

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/4648330/Contact-the-Irish-Sun.html

sunplus@thesun.co.uk is the one i emailed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    sunplus@thesun.co.uk is the one i emailed

Cheers I emailed and got the codes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

What exactly did u say in the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Tickets or codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

crazygeryy wrote: »
    What exactly did u say in the email?

I just said that I entered that promotion but not heard anything back. They emailed me back asking for my name and address and then they sent me on the codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Plus one who emailed and just got the codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I just sent an e-mail there. I was actually made aware of the promotion early on ,so was one of the first takers. Nothing in my e-mail or physical mail, so fired of an email there to see what the story was.

Actually wasn't that concerned, but then just got annoyed for some reason and sent them a mail.

Also worth nothing, that Odeon themselves seem to be doing a two tickets for €10 deal. When we went to Star Wars we got two vouchers providing 2 for €10. The only exception appeared to be it excluded Star Wars, and we used one of the vouchers the other day that I guess you'd call a peak time.

I nearly binned mine (Odeon give so many receipts!) but luckily just double checked and saw the two of them. Till assistant didnt even mention anything like. They have an expiry date of end of January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

TheDoc wrote: »
    I just sent an e-mail there. I was actually made aware of the promotion early on ,so was one of the first takers. Nothing in my e-mail or physical mail, so fired of an email there to see what the story was.

Actually wasn't that concerned, but then just got annoyed for some reason and sent them a mail.

Also worth nothing, that Odeon themselves seem to be doing a two tickets for €10 deal. When we went to Star Wars we got two vouchers providing 2 for €10. The only exception appeared to be it excluded Star Wars, and we used one of the vouchers the other day that I guess you'd call a peak time.

I nearly binned mine (Odeon give so many receipts!) but luckily just double checked and saw the two of them. Till assistant didnt even mention anything like. They have an expiry date of end of January.

Odeon regularly give an offer receipt with tickets, usually 33% or 40% off two tickets. Three Plus gives two for ten euro tickets and Wednesdays are two for a tenner tickets.

Anyway. email sent the other day but no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Got mine too! Thanks OP :)

Hmm sent email yesterday and haven't heard anything back from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

mrcheez wrote: »

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Same here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

sent a email , got asked was to confirm it was an offer with 5 codes for the paper , i did , then got a email asking for my name and address , then a email asking what email i used , now im waiting while it is "passed on to management who will investigate further" and i should have a reply in 72 hours :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Emailed yesterday. They sent me a free razor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Quackster wrote: »
    With thanks to the good folks at the Irish Sun! :D

Visit irishsunpromos.ie and enter the following five codes:

CIN8178
    SWEET79
    CRISP810
    CORN11
    HOTDOG12

Enjoy!

Thank you for visiting.

Unfortunately the cinema ticket
    promotion is now closed.

If you have already registered for your tickets,
    your ticket codes will be sent to you via email.
    Please check your email for updates.

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Thank you for visiting.

Unfortunately the cinema ticket
    promotion is now closed.

If you have already registered for your tickets,
    your ticket codes will be sent to you via email.
    Please check your email for updates.

Hasn't that been the message on the site for a while now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Me too, hope to get something from them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Got email with two codes in it. So can they be used any day or just on Wednesday?

gmisk wrote:
    Got email with two codes in it. So can they be used any day or just on Wednesday?

Any day as far as i can see. I've checked by trying to book tickets online and it was giving me a full discount against a movie costing 9.50 when I entered the code number

gmisk wrote: »

Still nada.

Perhaps I shouldn't have started the email with "Dear c*ckface..."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Perfectly acceptable if the persons last name is c*ckface ;) but might have got a better response if you had put Mr or Mrs first though :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

dose anyone remember when the tickets expire ?

OK interesting one here...

I previously emailed using my Yahoo account, and never got a response, nor did I get an acknowledgement mail.

It occurred to me that they may have a spam filter blocking Yahoo mails, so I decided to try my private domain email instead, and got an "Auto-acknowledgement from The Sun" mail in response.

At least that's some progress... now all I need to do is wait and see if I get a follow-up mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭guil

OK interesting one here...

I previously emailed using my Yahoo account, and never got a response, nor did I get an acknowledgement mail.

It occurred to me that they may have a spam filter blocking Yahoo mails, so I decided to try my private domain email instead, and got an "Auto-acknowledgement from The Sun" mail in response.

At least that's some progress... now all I need to do is wait and see if I get a follow-up mail.
    I sent two emails from gmail and never got any reply. Just tried from my iCloud email and got the acknowledgment as well.

Advertisement