Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two free Odeon tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

dose anyone remember when the tickets expire ?

7th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

guil wrote: »
    I sent two emails from gmail and never got any reply. Just tried from my iCloud email and got the acknowledgment as well.

Same happened for me, emailed from gmail account (that I used to sign up for the offer) and no acknowledgment or reply.

Emailed again from work email and gave my gmail account as reference, Sunplus emailed me back Odeon codes in about 10 mins, success.

Just booked The Hateful Eight seeing how cineworld aren't gonna have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

maximoose wrote: »
    Just booked The Hateful Eight

Pretty much my plan too... ok let the mail-onslaught to sunplus@thesun.co.uk begin

EDIT... oh wait I just got a mail about code arriving in next 72 hours... well that's something

EDIT2 ... got my codes finally. Wow that was an ordeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭guil

Unlucky for me but they said they have no details for me. I definitely done it and got the confirmation screen at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

I emailed them today and within an hour got my two codes! I'm delighted cinema night sorted for me and the hubby ☺️

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Unlucky for me but they said they have no details for me. I definitely done it and got the confirmation screen at the end.

odd, I emailed from a mail I didn't use to sign up with and got the tickets.

mrcheez wrote: »
    odd, I emailed from a mail I didn't use to sign up with and got the tickets.

They asked what email did I use. I use my gmail one for 99% of things but they said there's nothing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

I emailed them this morning from my work address and quoted my personal address that I used for the competition. They've just now sent the two codes to my personal address email. Happy days!

They must of got pissed off with me and sent me the two codes haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Woo, got my codes by emailing them from my personal domain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Contacted them last night from an Eir/webmail address and gave them details, they came back this morning to confirm my postal address and then sent on the 2 codes. Happy out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Fair play to mrcheez,

Well spotted on the spam filter issue.

I emailed from my work address this morning and had my codes emailed back to me this afternoon.

Sweet as a nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I emailed today and got my two codes so thanks to the OP and to those who posted that they emailed for their codes! I tried to use mine online today for tomorrow but unfortunately they didn't work :( I emailed them anyway so hopefully they'll reply in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Thanks - I got the code yesterday :)

Can the codes be used to book tickets online?

Wanderer41 wrote: »
    I emailed today and got my two codes so thanks to the OP and to those who posted that they emailed for their codes! I tried to use mine online today for tomorrow but unfortunately they didn't work :( I emailed them anyway so hopefully they'll reply in time!

Were you trying to book Star Wars or The Hunger Games? Or an iSense/3D version of a movie?

I know they mentioned a few movies/isense would not be eligible

Scroll down to the bottom of www.irishsunpromos.ie to see all the T&Cs
    brennarr wrote: »
    Thanks - I got the code yesterday :)

Can the codes be used to book tickets online?

I think they can ONLY be used online?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Emailed and got sorted.

Thanks whoever followed up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Emailed them from my hotmail and got an auto reply, they followed up today and sent the codes.

RE using the codes online, my email says
    "Simply present this email with the above codes at your nearest Odeon cinema which will entitle you and a friend to free entry to a film of your choice*"

So I assume thhey can be presented in person too.
    Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the films you can see?

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the films you can see?

See this post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

mrcheez wrote: »
    Were you trying to book Star Wars or The Hunger Games? Or an iSense/3D version of a movie?

I know they mentioned a few movies/isense would not be eligible

Scroll down to the bottom of www.irishsunpromos.ie to see all the T&Cs

No, I was trying to book for Joy. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I just added two tickets to my basket and then the promo code, but it wouldn't work. Then I tried just doing one at a time. They replied to my email and said they would send me new codes so hopefully they'll come before cinema time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

What is the email address I sent it to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

brijay wrote: »
    What is the email address I sent it to?

sunplus@thesun.co.uk

I sent one yesterday evening from my work email and got my two tickets this morning to the email I used when signing up for the offer. Thanks again everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

I sent email from my gmail account Today around 12 and I didn't receive anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

djmj wrote: »
    I sent email from my gmail account Today around 12 and I didn't receive anything back.

Same here....emailed 2 days ago from gmail and no reply!

djmj wrote: »

Try a different email. I sent twice from gmail and never had any reply. Got an acknowledgement within minutes of sending from my iCloud email.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Taxedalot

Sent email from work email yesterday, code arrived today - nice one. Never thought they'd come through, but kudos to the poster who figured out the spam filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Both myself and my boyfriend applied for tickets. I emailed and never even got a response (got an acknowledgement, no response though), he emailed and was basically told to p!ss off, that there was a limited number of tickets and that he wasn't lucky enough to be in the catchment who got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

followed up with a non-gmail address and they've just told me they'd send 2 tickets to the gmail address I used to apply in the next 72 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

podge018 wrote: »
    followed up with a non-gmail address and they've just told me they'd send 2 tickets to the gmail address I used to apply in the next 72 hours.
    +1. This will work for you. I received codes this morning after one email from my work account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I got tickets this morning on my work email.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Emailed from work email and got tickets! Thanks so much :)

Advertisement