Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two free Odeon tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Applied with 2 different emails, got 1 code this morning and 2nd one this afternoon.

Can you post the senders email address and the subject line

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

garbeth wrote: »
    Can you post the senders email address and the subject line

Got the email this morning

1Etr7Pa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Still nothing for any of my 3 emails (different names used for each so that isn't the issue)

They must be waiting for a new batch of codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

mrcheez wrote: »
    Still nothing for any of my 3 emails (different names used for each so that isn't the issue)

They must be waiting for a new batch of codes?

Me neither?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Load sent out this morning according to work colleagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Nothing here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭guil

I just rang them there and they said my name isn't on the list, I definitely applied in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ALS

Who did you call , might give them a bell ?
    guil wrote: »
    I just rang themthey said my name isn't on the list, I definitely applied in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭guil

ALS wrote: »
    Who did you call , might give them a bell ?

The 0818 number on the bottom right of the pic above.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

guil wrote: »
    I just rang them there and they said my name isn't on the list, I definitely applied in time.

Applied in time.. sure if you filled out the form surely you were on time! What a crock of sh!t!!!

• Advertisement

So I'm guessing it's safe to assume if we haven't got emailed by now, ain't no tickets a-coming?

Did it mention anywhere that there was a set amount of free tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Milliehollie

I just rang that number and said myself & husband hadn't received our codes despite having screenshots.
    He immediately said it was only one per household and as we had used the same home address we had voided the terms & conditions. We had used 2 different email addresses. I said I didn't realise this, thought it was one per person which I did, he said no chance of getting them now. Told him we both applied as we had 2 kids.
    Oh well, looks like the family trip to the cinema over Xmas isn't happening now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Get back onto him and tell them their T&C said
    25. Only one pair of ODEON tickets can be claimed per person.

no mention of household

Thanks for that, but I think he said it was t&c no. 24. Can you see all the terms and conditions somewere?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thanks for that, but I think he said it was t&c no. 24. Can you see all the terms and conditions somewere?

#24 is this: 24.Promoter: ODEON United Cinemas International (Ireland) Limited trading as ODEON. Registered in Ireland under company No 441782. Registered office: 6th Floor, South Bank House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4.

You can see full T&C here, scroll down: http://www.irishsunpromos.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Got nothing and neither did the girlfriend. Two different emails and home addresses.

Annoying

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I applied very early on this bargain and only once and no sign, pity :( glad some have been lucky though

Thanks, just phoned back there and the girl was adamant it was only one per household. I told her definetly not, it clearly states one per person. She tried to find my address and said nothing was on the system & nothing she could do. I told her that's not good enough. I have a screenshot of when I applied. She said someone will phone me back but I doubt it really. Will give a ring back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

18.Tickets are subject to availability, normal age restrictions and any other relevant standard terms including ODEON’s general admission terms

20.Offer may be withdrawn at any time.

They'll use one of these two loopholes. Work is quiet today, might ring and wear the ear off someone later :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Feel sorry for anyone who actually bought 5 copies of the sun just to get free tickets... as least all of us (most?) just copied and pasted codes nd hoped for this best!
    Can't really feel annoyed :D

aine92 wrote: »
    18.Tickets are subject to availability, normal age restrictions and any other relevant standard terms including ODEON’s general admission terms

20.Offer may be withdrawn at any time.

They'll use one of these two loopholes. Work is quiet today, might ring and wear the ear off someone later :D

I know you might mean this in jest, but please don't be that person

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I know you might mean this in jest, but please don't be that person
    But they have to know how outraged we are! Joe Duffy will be the next step. Consumer rights, Joe. Worse than Hillsborough, Joe.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Can't really feel annoyed

A hell of a lot of people do.

Shoddy I say... would expect more from such an upstanding publication

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

The S** is the lowest of the low, anyone that buys that rag deserves to get nothing,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

The S** is the lowest of the low, anyone that buys that rag deserves to get nothing,

So you don't like it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

crazygeryy wrote: »
    So you don't like it then?

Hate it,

but still posted the codes i got free from someone else and still did not get any tickets

so doubly hate them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

I heard nothing from these either so I rang the 0818243790 number this morning. I was told I wasn't on the spreadsheet. He asked if I knew when I applied, I said yes the 23rd November, he went looking at something else then came back and said the offer was only available from the 7th to the 18th November.

nirvana78 wrote: »
    the offer was only available from the 7th to the 18th November.

I wonder how they explain people getting the tickets by applying after this thread started on the 19th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

nirvana78 wrote: »
    I heard nothing from these either so I rang the 0818243790 number this morning. I was told I wasn't on the spreadsheet. He asked if I knew when I applied, I said yes the 23rd November, he went looking at something else then came back and said the offer was only available from the 7th to the 18th November.
    that refers to the time the codes appeared in the paper not the application times which i can see nothing in their T&C about

Advertisement