Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two free Odeon tickets

Options

Comments

My work email did the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭sector_000

me too. I waited in vain when using gmail. But work email.... fast response for missus & I :-)
    Now on to the kids ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Has anyone had any problems using their codes? I plan to book Hateful8 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

icloud email did the trick, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Seems to still be activity on this - are the codes still working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Codes are good to the end of the month. I used mine at the weekend - no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Used my codes last night for 2 tickets booked online. Was able to collect using the fast ticket machine using the booking reference number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Emailed them from my hotmail and got an auto reply, they followed up today and sent the codes.

RE using the codes online, my email says
    "Simply present this email with the above codes at your nearest Odeon cinema which will entitle you and a friend to free entry to a film of your choice*"

So I assume thhey can be presented in person too.
    Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on the films you can see?

podge018 wrote: »
    followed up with a non-gmail address and they've just told me they'd send 2 tickets to the gmail address I used to apply in the next 72 hours.

Just set up a new hotmail acc, as i see from a few people that gmail doesn't work, even though i do a search in my mail to see if there's any there, but sadly no.

But what are people saying in the email to the sun to avail of it?

w00t booked my tickets ok, but wishing I had more "work" email addresses with different names now :/

Time to borrow a co-worker's PC I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

mrcheez wrote: »
    w00t booked my tickets ok, but wishing I had more "work" email addresses with different names now :/

Time to borrow a co-worker's PC I think...

I know the thread says expired, but is it possible to still get these free tickets if I havent already signed up?

• Advertisement

I know the thread says expired, but is it possible to still get these free tickets if I havent already signed up?

Hmmm no I don't think so. They didn't ask me, but others have been asked to provide the email they used to sign up with.

UPDATE: Just to confirm, I mailed them from a co-worker's account and was asked what name/address I signed up with... never thought to take note of the made-up ones I used.

So yeah, expired

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

My application was made using my gmail account.
    No word back.
    Following the advice above I sent in an email yesterday afternoon from my work email address asking for them to release the codes/tickets to me.
    I got a reply back a few minutes with the codes.
    Text below.
    Thanks for the advice.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    From: sunplus at thesun dot co dot uk (I don't have enough posts to use the full email address)

Dear _______,

Thank you for applying for our ‘Two Free tickets for Odeon’ promotion with The Irish Sun.

I am very sorry for the delay with receiving your Odeon codes, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Please find enclosed your two codes which entitle you to two free tickets to Odeon cinemas nationwide.

Code 1: _____________

Code 2: _____________

Simply present this email with the above codes at your nearest Odeon cinema which will entitle you and a friend to free entry to a film of your choice*

Enjoy the movie!
    Kind regards,

The Irish Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

No word back.
    Following the advice above I sent in an email yesterday afternoon from my work email address asking for them to release the codes/tickets to me.
    Text below.
    Thanks for the advice.

From: sunplus at thesun dot co dot uk (I don't have enough posts to use the full email address)

Dear _______,

Thank you for applying for our ‘Two Free tickets for Odeon’ promotion with The Irish Sun.

I am very sorry for the delay with receiving your Odeon codes, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Please find enclosed your two codes which entitle you to two free tickets to Odeon cinemas nationwide.

Simply present this email with the above codes at your nearest Odeon cinema which will entitle you and a friend to free entry to a film of your choice*

Enjoy the movie!
    Kind regards,

The Irish Sun.

You appear to have left out the codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

Codes are out of date on the 7th feb so make sure they don't go out of date!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

No word back.
    Text below.
    Thanks for the advice.

Dear _______,

Enjoy the movie!
    Kind regards,

The Irish Sun.
    sector_000 wrote: »
    me too. I waited in vain when using gmail. But work email.... fast response for missus & I :-)
    Now on to the kids ;-)

Thanks for the advice on the gmail, as i had waited in vain too on that & used another email.

But do you have to provide ID when you have these printed out?
    if i want to give them to a relative in Dublin, if i don't make it up?
    893bet wrote: »
    Codes are out of date on the 7th feb so make sure they don't go out of date!

Thanks, i was wondering that!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Codes can be used to book online and the two don't have to be used at the same time so that would probably be the easiest way for someone else to use your codes.

You can book online, but can't pick them up from the machines as you didn't use a credit card, so you have to queue in the popcorn lines

A minor inconvenience but worth noting: get to the film early in other words.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

mrcheez wrote: »
    You can book online, but can't pick them up from the machines as you didn't use a credit card, so you have to queue in the popcorn lines

A minor inconvenience but worth noting: get to the film early in other words.

You can pick up from the vending machines; it's just extremely unclear that you can! Just select the Tesco/business bookings option and then enter your booking number and they will print.

Quackster wrote: »
    You can pick up from the vending machines; it's just extremely unclear that you can! Just select the Tesco/business bookings option and then enter your booking number and they will print.

cheers, even the lackeys working in the Odeon didn't know that and said we had to queue! :(

When do they expire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Still haven't gotten these :/

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

When do they expire
    4.Tickets are only valid on screenings from 07.11.2015 until 07.02.2016

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Thanks for all the updates on this. I originally phoned them using a number I got here, they said my name was not on their list! I then set up a Hotmail address sent off a mail and almost instantly got my codes.

Cheers everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Thanks for all the updates on this. I originally phoned them using a number I got here, they said my name was not on their list! I then set up a Hotmail address sent off a mail and almost instantly got my codes.

Cheers everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I also applied initially using gmail and heard nothing. If I email sunplus.co.uk using a different email do I need to include the original set of codes?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

damian139 wrote: »
    I also applied initially using gmail and heard nothing. If I email sunplus.co.uk using a different email do I need to include the original set of codes?
    Thanks in advance

They will ask for your name address and the email you used to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I emailed them from my hotmail account this morning and got my two codes (by email) once I verified the original email and postal address.

Then I got two more codes a few minutes later for some reason. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Then I got two more codes a few minutes later for some reason. :)

perhaps a gift to be forwarded on to the user who found out about the mail blocking workaround (i.e. me) ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

the_syco wrote: »
    Still haven't gotten these :/

Have you emailed from a non-gmail account?

I applied with my Gmail account and emailed them from it, and nothing.

Recovered my password from my old Hotmail account today, sent them an email including my name, address and Gmail account and explained I was still waiting. Two hours later, I have the codes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

I suspect of you could claim to have ordered codes and get them!

Advertisement