Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menas's happy thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

My son and I decided to watch a Christmas movie.....we are now watching The Life of Brian. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

My girlfriend is from England. She wears union jack knickers. There's a protest everytime I take them down....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Candie wrote: »
    That's a lot of detail.

T'was i suppose Candie,I've been around AH a good while now,my posts tend to be long and rambling,due to an unrelated cannabis habit.I digress,everything went as planned, no hangover,had my little doggie out this mornin for a brisk walk the adorable little c*nt melts me black heart,and now im happy again.Kudos to menas for starting this thread,and making me realise how happy I actually am.Its better to appreciate the nice things you have,than fret over the things you lack.Hope your Saturday is going as good as mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

I am dying of man flu. Went to Tesco and tried to buy 2 boxes of Lemsip. They only let me buy 1 in case of an overdose. Made me laugh and happy again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I got most of my Christmas shopping done today and I got a good hour long walk in too, so I'm feeling good about myself now and I am going to relax and not move for the evening! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I've always wanted a hip flask, and picked myself up one at Lidl during the week. I'm insanely happy! It's for all those times I may get stranded up a mountain in sub zero temperatures ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

73Cat wrote: »
    I've always wanted a hip flask, and picked myself up one at Lidl during the week. I'm insanely happy! It's for all those times I may get stranded up a mountain in sub zero temperatures ;)

Does it come with its own St Bernard dog too? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Don't do a full weeks work now til week beginning 4th Jan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

A big shout out to a gentleman called Darren who changed my puncture in five minutes in Aldi, Sandyford car park on Friday when the weather was so crap. He was such a gent and wouldn't take anything. I will pay it forward. Thanks👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Eleysian wrote: »
    A big shout out to a gentleman called Darren who changed my puncture in five minutes in Aldi, Sandyford car park on Friday when the weather was so crap. He was such a gent and wouldn't take anything. I will pay it forward. Thanks��

You could pay it forward by learning how to do it yourself so somebody else doesn't have to.

Always wondered why some (very few, to be fair) women go all flustery when a tyre change is needed. It's incredibly easy and the vast majority of women have the strength to lift a tyre and loosen some bolts. Plus it's a satisfying exercise.

Just remember to tighten the bolts again after 20km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Ah The One Doctor I can change my own wheel thanks. I do all the DIY here as well. He was parked beside me and we arrived back at our cars with our shopping at the same time. I didn't even have time to get "flustered". Granted I would not have done it in five minutes and he was a good twenty years younger. Let me know when you have a puncture and I will be round lightening quick. Btw Happy Christmas 😀

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You could pay it forward by learning how to do it yourself so somebody else doesn't have to.

Always wondered why some (very few, to be fair) women go all flustery when a tyre change is needed. It's incredibly easy and the vast majority of women have the strength to lift a tyre and loosen some bolts. Plus it's a satisfying exercise.

I agree, it's very easy and it's satisfying excercise unless you're wearing a skirt suit, tights and high heels or light-coloured clothes, and you are heading to work or a medical appointment or a job interview... :o

You might have missed the thread title - this is a happy thread.

Also - I've seen men call the AA to change a tyre, it's not always women.

You don't know why the poster couldn't change his or her tyre. It could be that he or she has a disability perhaps or that he or she had a screaming child to contend with and simply someone saw that he or she could do with a hand - not because they couldn't do it by themselves - but because their life would be made easier with a little help.

I'm a little woman, but I'm pretty strong, I lift (heavy) weights and I also work in IT so would need to move heavy equipment at times - I find it funny but very nice when men offer to help me carry a 6 pack of water (12kg) to my car, but they do and there have been times when it was actually easier to let them help me than to say "no thanks, I can manage".

I also had a nice guy offer to help me jump start my car last week, and told me it was a lovely celica. I thanked him for but declined his offer and corrected him on what kind of car it was. It was very nice of him to offer to help, I didn't need it at that time though.

I like when people offer to help, and sometimes it's easier to accept help, and sometimes it's not. Depends on a lot of factors.

Happy thread: people who offer to help other people are what makes the world a nice place.

Kissed that girl with the sexy bottom on the weekend! :D

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Kissed that girl with the sexy bottom on the weekend! :D

Good on you Eddy! I hope you got a feel of her bum too :D

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Good on you Eddy! I hope you got a feel of her bum too :D

Is the pope catholic? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Watching birds having fun gliding in the wind...

Also my hat blew off today and landed on someone else. They gave it back to me, and we both had a good laugh at how ridiculous we looked trying to deal with a bit of wind.

I'm going to decorate my Christmas tree and watch 'Love Actually' this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FallSilently

I like how these three threads are lining up on the first page right now:

• Advertisement

That's brilliant, FallSilently, a serendipitous find indeed. :)

Being asked at 8am by a work colleague where I'm going today, do I have an interview, because I look "even more beautiful than usual". Now that's how to start someone's day.

(it's because I bought new work clothes and today I'm in trousers and a shirt and I rarely wear trousers, and never wear shirts).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I'm so happy i joined boards. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Where has all the happiness gone! It's Friday tomorrow!!

I've a giant Toblerone and I'm only 1/3 through it. Couldn't be happier!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Today's my Friday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Today's my Friday!!

Me too!! And going for pints Saturday!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Also my hat blew off today and landed on someone else. They gave it back to me, and we both had a good laugh at how ridiculous we looked trying to deal with a bit of wind.

That's what you get for sitting on your hat to begin with.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Me too!! And going for pints Saturday!! :)

ME TOO :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Got married at the weekend, and had the most fun day ever! Had a total blast :)

Advertisement