Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menas's happy thread

Options
  • 19-11-2015 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭

I want a happy thread!

Comments

He wants a happy thread!

Tell him your happy stories. Gowan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I saw a tiny puppy being taken out for his first walk the other day which was pretty adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I saw a tiny puppy being taken out for his first walk the other day which was pretty adorable.

Learning to be controlled by his shackles.
    Not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

kneemos wrote: »
    Not really.

You go back to your own thread now and don't be dragging this one down. Go. Now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭JigglyMcJabs

kneemos wrote: »
    Not really.

Wow, buzz kill by post 4. Well done sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

My twenty year old cousin " came out. " at a family gathering last week introducing us to his partner.

The look of happiness on his face when his father said " sure I've known that for years".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Tomorrow's Friday.

(afraid that's the best I can do. Sorry. I'm not the brightest soul.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

My OH is going away overnight on business so I'm going to have the apartment to myself for the evening :D I'm thinking that it will be a naked evening of netflix and junk food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Cat killed a Robin yesterday. Hate when that happens. He was a friendly little fella too. (The Robin.)

On the plus side, it seems like it might be a bad winter so at least he didn't have to shiver his little feathers off in some blackthorn bush until next Spring. I suppose that's a happy thing.
    Oh, and he didn't suffer.*

*I just put that in there to cheer everyone up, since this is a happy thread. [weak smile]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Figbiscuithead

Christmas is coming soon and I get to go home to lovely Ireland to see my friends and family.

I've my health, I've a job I don't hate and a roof over my head and I'm loved - that's a whole loada shizzle to be happy about right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I'll be skulling creamy pints in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

I won 12 euro on the lotto and spent it all on sweets :o

My two year old nephew, who lives in England, remembers me. The fact that we rarely get to see him made me worry he wouldn't. Apparently he turned to my sister and said, "where' -my name-?"

About two days ago himself, his father, and my sister were going to see his first ever play at a theatre in London. They were travelling on a packed commuter train, when someone sneezes and he says, "bless you, mummy" to them. Got a few giggles from the other people on the train.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mince Pies! Mince Pies are everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Lit my fart with a lighter, had a good chuckle at the GF's disgust

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Lit my fart with a lighter, had a good chuckle at the GF's disgust
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8AIh2qoSnM

It's about 20 years since I saw anyone do that :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

1 - We took a German Shepherd (18 months) in from the pound.

Was herselfs idea, and i never thought i'd get to like a big dog, as i hadn't my entire life.

But i'm warming to this mutt, and i actually look forward to coming home to her greeting me at the door now.

Really happy we went through with it.

2 - My grandad (Opa) in Holland was diagnosed with lung cancer, and has been going for radiation therapy and Chemo.
    I was terrified that this man, who was already pretty frail last time i saw him in the summer, is now looking stronger than he has in years, and that he's still Opa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Archeron wrote: »
    I won 12 euro on the lotto and spent it all on sweets :o

I won the Lotto twice last night!!! I bought 3 lines, 2 of them won.

€11!!!

(€8 + €3).

CruelCoin wrote: »
    We took a German Shepherd (18 months) in from the pound.

Was herselfs idea, and i never thought i'd get to like a big dog, as i hadn't my entire life.

But i'm warming to this mutt, and i actually look forward to coming home to her greeting me at the door now.

Really happy we went through with it.

We'll be needing pics of said mutt please :D

This is my little weeny one. She came from the pound after someone dumped her on the side of a busy national road. She's still terrified of cars a year later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Dont post any pics of King Charles Cavaliers please...I am allergic to them. Make me sneeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Getting out for a decent walk in the fresh air today, and it didn't rain :)
    Posting in a happy thread is really strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I just got a call asking me to do two days' relief work next week, so happy to have a couple of days' work and some extra money :D

We'll be needing pics of said mutt please :D

This is my little weeny one. She came from the pound after someone dumped her on the side of a busy national road. She's still terrified of cars a year later.

Cutie.

Here she is (along with what used to be MY beanbag!):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_dc-WpFE5SvT2Jwc1RUMkpmUjA/view?usp=sharing

Hexe is the name (hex-eh). My partner is German and she's mad about halloween, so the dogs' been called "witch" in german.

Menas wrote: »
    Dont post any pics of King Charles Cavaliers please...I am allergic to them. Make me sneeze.

Happy thread man, happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I'm a happy camper!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Im going home tomorrow and Im going to see my cat-apparently shes giving my sister the cols shoulder for not having been home for so long but none the less it should be an interesting change given the fact she is a ridiculously needy cat :P :D

Advertisement