Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menas's happy thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Saw the new Star Wars movie today. Felt like a child again with the excitement of it all:-).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just had a blissful evening. My parents, my younger brother, my youngest son and I made a video for my sister in Scotland to show her we miss her and can't wait for her to come home on Monday, then we played games of cards and made banners for the airport.

You would think we were a bunch of 5 year olds!

Christmas brings out the best in us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I went thru the airport yesterday and it really is nice to see all the families there waiting for their loved ones. Normally the airport is a bit crap but this time if year it comes in to its own.

Menas wrote: »
    I went thru the airport yesterday and it really is nice to see all the families there waiting for their loved ones. Normally the airport is a bit crap but this time if year it comes in to its own.

Oooh that'll be me in a few days. Welcoming home my sister from the other side of the world. I'm happy just thinking about it.

Oooh that'll be me in a few days. Welcoming home my sister from the other side of the world. I'm happy just thinking about it.

I love the airport at Christmas. We always bring a banner to collect my sister. This year my aunt and uncle arrive in 2 hours before her so we are meeting them, grabbing lunch with them, then they will get their hire car and head off to our house while we wait for my sis and her friend who is coming over til Christmas eve. Then my mum, sis, her friend and I are going to stay the night in the city and shop and do girly things.

I could bust with excitement.

Was collecting my parents at the airport on Wednesday and there were 2 teenage girls there with balloons and a banner saying " we cleaned the house ". ��

• Advertisement

Witchie wrote: »

Was collecting my parents at the airport on Wednesday and there were 2 teenage girls there with balloons and a banner saying " we cleaned the house ". ��

I love this!

My ex picked me up from the airport after I was away a few months, and he'd a banner with 'The Place Is SPOTLESS' on it. :)

Now, that's how you do foreplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I saw Santa driving a bus on my way to work this morning! Still have a smile on my face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lively lovely people! Off to Killarney now so will carry the happiness all the way with me!

Standing at the bus stop this morning. About 7 others there too. No shelter. Just standing at the side of the street. Started absolutely pelting down. Every one of us soaked to the skin. My jeans were drenched. Runners soaked. Feet and socks drenched. Meanwhile the rain is still bucketing down. A small van pulls up and the passenger window comes down. The man inside handed me out an umbrella. Fair play to him whoever he was. I gave it to the women. I had a hood:-). A kind stranger. The season of goodwill:-).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Standing at the bus stop this morning. About 7 others there too. No shelter. Just standing at the side of the street. Started absolutely pelting down. Every one of us soaked to the skin. My jeans were drenched. Runners soaked. Feet and socks drenched. Meanwhile the rain is still bucketing down. A small van pulls up and the passenger window comes down. The man inside handed me out an umbrella. Fair play to him whoever he was. I gave it to the women. I had a hood:-). A kind stranger. The season of goodwill:-).

See? That's what happens when humankind shows some humanity and lives up to its name! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah well.

My mum has early dementia. Now wait, this is funny.....

We were at a party for the residents in her place of safety and out of the blue, she roots in her bag and produces a black silk THONG and waves it all over the place and presents it to OH.

Jeez, feck, what do you do!

Laugh and put the THONG on yer head I suppose. Nothing else will do.

Sad and happy times.

Still have no idea where she got the goods!

New Home wrote: »
    See? That's what happens when humankind shows some humanity and lives up to its name! :)
    Its funny, because something as small as that is something I won't forget in a hurry. I only realised when I got home, that he wont get the umbrella back either. If I ever see him out, I will get him a pint. I never saw him before though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cynical old me thinks that maybe he stole it from somewhere and was only 'paying it forward'... ;)

But seriously, though, that was awfully decent of him.

My bestie came home from London for a few days and we went out tonight with another good friend. We drank wine, ate tapas and then drank cocktails made by the 2nd best cocktail maker in the world (yup he has the prize to prove it).....all in my wee town of Monaghan.

Who'd have thunk it....tapas and world class cocktails in Monaghan?

Spending time with good friends or family is the best thing in the world.

Going to bed happy.

New Home wrote: »
    Cynical old me thinks that maybe he stole it from somewhere and was only 'paying it forward'... ;)

But seriously, though, that was awfully decent of him.

Well if the truth be known. I paid it forward myself. I won 60 euros even though I was like a drowned rat:):):). But lets just say that someone that is the best person you could ever meet, and would give you her last slice of bread, just to look after you:):):), got a treat:):):):). I wouldn't have had any luck otherwise. Merry Christmas folks. And just in case ye didn't know already. I love cats and Star Wars and cats and Star Wars and cats and Star Wars:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

It was my mum's 60th on Friday.

Her party is later today

She had recently recovered from breast cancer and a mastectomy

I love her to bits and delighted she took early retirement from a very draining physical job

Best wishes to both of ye. i hope ye have a nice holiday season:-)

Well if the truth be known. I paid it forward myself. I won 60 euros even though I was like a drowned rat:):):). But lets just say that someone that is the best person you could ever meet, and would give you her last slice of bread, just to look after you:):):), got a treat:):):):). I wouldn't have had any luck otherwise. Merry Christmas folks. And just in case ye didn't know already. I love cats and Star Wars and cats and Star Wars and cats and Star Wars:D:D:D

Aye but do you love Star Wars and Cats.....that's the really big question.

Aye but do you love Star Wars and Cats.....that's the really big question.

I'm not sure. I mean, I love Star Wars and Cats............but I'm not sure......I'm purrturbed........:):):)

I'm not sure. I mean, I love Star Wars and Cats............but I'm not sure......I'm purrturbed........:):):)

Come on you pussy, answer the question or is there only a whisker between them?

• Advertisement

Come on you pussy, answer the question or is there only a whisker between them?

Its too much too soon.......I'm not mentally prepared for the consequences....I need a get out claws.......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I brought home that sexy bummed Welsh girl the other night and done my part for Irish tourism!

Wooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

My two dogs are back from the groomers and smell so amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My new curtains and curtain poles are up, loookin' fab AND in time for Santy.

(All I want to do is sit in my lovely sitting room with the fire lit but I have to go to silly work Boo Hiss.)

But my curtains are UP!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Came home after finally finishing my Christmas shopping, in out of the cold and the wet and the battling people in town and I wrapped myself up in a blanket and I have my slippers on and a cup of tea, feeling warm and happy right now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Opening a tin of Scottish Shortbread Biscuits.....happiness in a big red tin!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Menas wrote: »
    Opening a tin of Scottish Shortbread Biscuits.....happiness in a big red tin!

No BRANDY snaps so? Hate that.

Late tonight, I'm going to see all my immediate family, plus granny and nieces and nephews and sisters in law all together for Christmas for the first time in years. Usually someone - usually two or three someones - would be working. Not this year! I missed Christmas at home last year, so it's especially appreciated now.

I'm so giddy and excited, I could pee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Oh this made me laugh actually, but I thought I'd post it here. My OH dropped me to the bus stop today and she turned around and drove into a petrol station, she was waiting to be let out and I waved over at her and she waved back at me and blew me a kiss, but the two guys waiting in traffic thought she was waving and blowing a kiss at them so they were delighted with themselves and they let her out into the traffic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Most of the errands done and all presents bought. Just some wrapping later, a bit of visiting and then can finally settle down for the evening! FINALLY feeling a little Christmassy!

Advertisement