Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** Santas Strike Force 2015!!! ***** BEASTY BONUS MODE!! (Details in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I'm quite poor this year but didn't want to miss out on this. €20 donated through paypal, transaction no 7PT416293G178701Y

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

More than happy to continue on this mighty cause for another year. €30.00 donated. Fair play lads

Transaction ending with 8472S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Hey, just wondering if it's too late to donate some money to this?

Have been daft busy the past while and it's slipped my mind until now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

As far as I know, donations are actually accepted all year round. :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You can donate year-round. It's simply there's a bit more focus at this time of year. All amounts will go towards good causes for kids

Coming back on my pledge in the OP - we've hit 10 (€100), 25 (€250) and 50 (€500) pledgers so far - that's €850 which I've just done a bank transfer for. Still a way to go to get to 100, so keep those pledges coming - there's no minimum!

Merry XMas everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Beasty wrote: »
    You can donate year-round. It's simply there's a bit more focus at this time of year. All amounts will go towards good causes for kids

Coming back on my pledge in the OP - we've hit 10 (€100), 25 (€250) and 50 (€500) pledgers so far - that's €850 which I've just done a bank transfer for. Still a way to go to get to 100, so keep those pledges coming - there's no minimum!

Merry XMas everybody

Nice one, have stuck €40 in the war chest.

Transaction no ending 4620T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

great work everyone and may we all have a good Christmas and a better new year :-)

Merchant information:
    Santa Strike Force
    tom@spin.ie
    http://www.santastrikeforce.com
    Instructions to merchant:
    None provided

Shipping information:
    Shipping method:
    Not specified

DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmount
    Santa Strike Force
    €500.00 EUR1500.00 EUR

Total: €500.00 EUR

and well done Beasty every year you sure do your bit here.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

As far as I know, donations are actually accepted all year round. :)

Yep... and people do donate in June even!

First projects will go ahead in Jan btw... i'll report on them here when I'm doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

€50

xxxxxxxxBD2180822

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

€100

ending 571422C

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

14,000 euros and change now... I still have some other sources to add in (like the comedy night and the photo book). That's an amazing haul people, on behalf of the charities, thank you so much... it will make a huge difference (I'll make sure of it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Great work!

€10, credit to adverts user johnrcgt4

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 2E660815K9345124Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Completely forgot to donate until now. Just added €100 to the pot (TRX ID 10W86637XC9947525)

€30 Your transaction ID for this payment is: 1BP71035Y04331404.

Credit to adverts user orsola.denning :cool:

€90. Credit to adverts user morr. Thanks morr :cool:

Transaction ID: 62Y3019865066432M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Transaction: 51M009327R998434J

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Sincerest apologies for delay - just getting around to making the transfer now.
    Payment made, along with 100% late payment penalty of €50.

5398-5704-3347-6646

I hope to have updates soon about projects. I'll try to keep this thread updated from time to time about progress. We have 3 active projects at the moment and one just completed (Bumbleance 2). I'll have pics of that tomorrow.
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to give money to charities that ISNT in the form of just slush fund cash. Quite frustrating at time. :)

I hope to have updates soon about projects. I'll try to keep this thread updated from time to time about progress. We have 3 active projects at the moment and one just completed (Bumbleance 2). I'll have pics of that tomorrow.
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to give money to charities that ISNT in the form of just slush fund cash. Quite frustrating at time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Was driving behind the bumbleance the otherday, made me smile and think of SSF.

• Advertisement

Well, you will be glad to hear that they just launched Bumbleance 2!

If you look real close at this pic you will see, in the background, a familiar logo :)
    24793160955_5f939b0869_z.jpg

24793160955_5f939b0869_z.jpg2vSPnAFd by Tom Murphy, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Tranaction ID - 12E31278TR3417416 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Yup, and my front hall is currently buried under farm yard animal toys, colouring books and Fat Finger Freddie Crayons (which sounds like a London gangster to me but apparently they are all the rage in the recovering-kids set these days).
    BrookieD is helping me with that one (see earlier in the thread)

Bumbleance 2 is on its way and I'm awaiting an invoice from (I think its) St Micheals school for children with special needs. Lexie is helping me with that one! (one of the NoDrama peeps who works there).

You really would be surprised how long it takes to get rid of 15K when you aren't just throwing it at people :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Bumbleance 2 was launched in Feb wasn't it? With a shiny SSF log on the side. 3 & 4 are on the way.

Sorry you are quite correct, I got my Bumbleances mixed up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Something doesn't sit right with me when funding goes to boxing for kids. Surely to god there's another activity they could be at?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

It sits fine with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Something doesn't sit right with me when funding goes to boxing for kids. Surely to god there's another activity they could be at?

Might stop them stabbing themselves or you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Might stop them stabbing themselves or you.

I guess this is After Hours. :p

How about music, judo, yoga etc? The bumbleance is great. Just because some kids gravitate towards boxing because it's been the only activity in an area for a long time, that doesn't mean it deserves funding. I'm just raising a concern for the longterm health of the children involved.

Advertisement