Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Thread - Mark II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Happy Patrick's day!!
    Everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You too Tom :)

Autosport wrote: »
    You too Tom :)

Cheers auto :)
    Any sca??

Is everyone all hooked up

Cheers auto :)
    Any sca??

Is everyone all hooked up

Nah I'm still keeping an eye on you ;)

How about yourself?

Nah I'm still keeping an eye on you ;)

How about yourself?

Coming around I think....a lot of meditating/healthy eating finally has me head pure sorted
    Hoping to do a good bit more in gym from next week etc as lambing nearly finished

Though I'm hoping to go about sorting my travelling before Easter....fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement

Have you decided where you want to travel?

Have you decided where you want to travel?

New Zealand....though truth being told taughts of going alone scares me...but I don't want to regret not taking chance when in older......so difficult to know....

I might as well be a loner over there and get to see something different than go up the walls with madness/boredom here
    (Hope this makes sense!!)

I get ya

It's better to have no regrets and you'll meet loads of people on your way who will be in the same position as you :)

I get ya

It's better to have no regrets and you'll meet loads of people on your way who will be in the same position as you :)

I really hope so....and that I'm not too old for it
    Look it....what's the worst can happen??
    Il come home after a fortnight??

See the sights, you'll get more courage once you go. It's the fear of the unknown that's scary

• Advertisement

See the sights, you'll get more courage once you go. It's the fear of the unknown that's scary

This is the plan....I've been practicing talking clearer and what not with last while (gone to ****e with lambing)

But ya...was planning on making a good list of things to do....like I've a cousin in oz and while yes I could go there and go on piss with him and have great craic Etc there....but the time has come to be try and stand on me own two feet

Really hope it works out

How are you anywYs auto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Best of luck with that Tom. I hope to head away myself later in the year. Hopefully not on my own, though.

I hope everyone is well :)

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Best of luck with that Tom. I hope to head away myself later in the year. Hopefully not on my own, though.

I hope everyone is well :)

Any more hot dates trebor

Any more hot dates trebor

Nope, none at all, sadly. You probably read about my last one. To be honest, I'm still not quite over that, even though it was only two dates, ffs. Her loss really, I guess. I have been messaging others, but to no avail.

Nope, none at all, sadly. You probably read about my last one. To be honest, I'm still not quite over that, even though it was only two dates, ffs. Her loss really, I guess. I have been messaging others, but to no avail.

Such is life!!

Have to keep plugging away I guess :-/

But tbh I'm not even on any sites etc anymore....haven't enough time/have too much I wanna do for next year/2 if I'm honest.....ideally if I could I'd sub out setting up dates for me to my unemployed friends :pac:

Such is life!!

Have to keep plugging away I guess :-/

But tbh I'm not even on any sites etc anymore....haven't enough time/have too much I wanna do for next year/2 if I'm honest.....ideally if I could I'd sub out setting up dates for me to my unemployed friends :pac:

At least you have a plan for the future, which is great. I really want to make changes with my life, such as to become more sociable (not that I'm totally anti-social) by joining groups and whatnot. These include singles groups as, to be honest, I really want to meet someone at this stage in my life. I can't be relying on online dating all of the time. I may do a bit of travelling too at some point.

You should just jump at whatever opportunities come your way. Who cares if you do it on your own? Just enjoy whatever you do.

At least you have a plan for the future, which is great. I really want to make changes with my life, such as to become more sociable (not that I'm totally anti-social) by joining groups and whatnot. These include singles groups as, to be honest, I really want to meet someone at this stage in my life. I can't be relying on online dating all of the time. I may do a bit of travelling too at some point.

You should just jump at whatever opportunities come your way. Who cares if you do it on your own? Just enjoy whatever you do.

Would you take up crossfit??'
    Even for a month...as afaik in waterford at least it has a strong social/community element to it

I'd not panic on meeting someone....life's too short...you could run over by a taxi in the morning

Make the changes before you meet someone??
    As what's the point in changing after meeting someone
    A young wan I used be msging off tinder/still text an odd time....had a great saying
    Be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi.

fin12 wrote: »
    Hi.

Hello :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

Hi Fin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

jimbo32123 wrote: »
    Hi Fin :)

Hi guys just said id like to join this thread because I want to find someone, Im going speed dating in less than 2 weeks. im half tempted to put an ad up on facebook asking for a date to go to something on in a weeks time but then like if you dont like them personality wise, it would be a lot of pressure and you couldn't just walk off or my other option is to go by myself and try and meet someone there at the event. I've never meet someone from the internet and find chatting online really hard cause you can tell so much more from face to face chatting.

Would you take up crossfit??'
    Even for a month...as afaik in waterford at least it has a strong social/community element to it

I'd not panic on meeting someone....life's too short...you could run over by a taxi in the morning

Make the changes before you meet someone??
    As what's the point in changing after meeting someone
    A young wan I used be msging off tinder/still text an odd time....had a great saying
    Be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of someone else

Crossfit looks hard, haha. I had thought about a gym, as that too does have a social/community element to it.

That's true about that. It's just the way I'm feeling at the moment, though. I think I've felt the same on and off for a while.

Well, whichever comes first, I think. I could meet someone before the summer, which is when I plan to start doing new things. I'll get my exams over and done with first.

I wouldn't change myself for anyone, and sod whoever doesn't like it.
    fin12 wrote: »
    Hi guys just said id like to join this thread because I want to find someone, Im going speed dating in less than 2 weeks. im half tempted to put an ad up on facebook asking for a date to go to something on in a weeks time but then like if you dont like them personality wise, it would be a lot of pressure and you couldn't just walk off or my other option is to go by myself and try and meet someone there at the event. I've never meet someone from the internet and find chatting online really hard cause you can tell so much more from face to face chatting.

Welcome along :)

Evening :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

My pedometer registered 35,555 steps over the last two days! So yeah, I've been out and about a fair bit. :)

I dont care if you're crazy as long as you're crazy about me :D heard that line in a song and thought i like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Karsini wrote: »
    My pedometer registered 35,555 steps over the last two days! So yeah, I've been out and about a fair bit. :)

I got tired just reading that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Have done Speed-dating and believe me if I can do it, anyone can!! Am boring, dull. quiet, n' plain and all the rest. Generally have zero interesting and exciting stuff to talk about. But I tried it and found it wasn't so bad.

Have done Speed-dating and believe me if I can do it, anyone can!! Am boring, dull. quiet, n' plain and all the rest. Generally have zero interesting and exciting stuff to talk about. But I tried it and found it wasn't so bad.
    I did it myself a few weeks ago. Out of 17 pairs, I matched with none! :( My confidence took a battering that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

anybody looking to make new friends ?

35 year old north dub guy , all my friends just stay in the same pub every single week ( no kidding ) thats not for me , im looking just to make new connections to hit pub with or cinema etc all innocent , meetup seens to be orientated to certain dates they meet up etc

Advertisement